Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, October 10, 2009
Happy Saturday Everyone!!! By the time this post is up, I will be on my way camping!! Woohoo! I am so looking forward to it. I just love camping in the fall when the weather is cooler and the leaves are changing. The area we are going to is great for hiking!! Fires at night are so cozy....

Anywho....Today is the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential Challenge!!!!

This week, we would like to see you DRESS UP A TREE! Take those bare branches and put something on them!! Don't have a tree stamp/image, create one! Use a photo of a tree and dress it up, use a die cut tree, or use a stick from outside and dress it up!! How do you "dress it up"?.... Use bats for Halloween oranaments, use sparkly glitter for snow, dress it up with hearts or rhinestones! Getting the idea? (If not, you can always check out what the ever so talented Spotlight Divas have done!) But for now, check this out...

This Week's Sponsor is:

Click HERE to go to their website!

This week's prize is



Now on to my creation!!


Vicki sent each of the design team members a tree from DRS Designs and we were to decorate it. My image was Winter Trees and the sentiment was Special Friend Birthday. Instead of leaving them as a winter tree, I decorated them with pink flower soft to create Spring Trees!! I just love to add texture and i don't use my flower soft enough. I sponged my sky and water colored the rest of the background. The dp is from one of Martha Stewarts pads (Yellow and Green). The tag is made using a Lattice border from Spellbinders. for the sentiment I incorporated the WT challenge to say it with Pizaaz on SC.



I hope this card inspires you and that you will join us for this challenge. We so enjoyed visiting your blogs and galleries and looking at your awesome and creative takes on the challenge. If you do create for this challenge, please leave a direct link here on Mr. Linky. If you upload your creations to SC or PCP, please use the keyword SSHP02. Most of all, have fun!!!

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters, (they have all done an amazing job and there is lots of eye candy to be had):
Vicki
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Debbie
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Susan

For more details on this week's sponsor please visit the Saturday Spotlight blog.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that you have lots of time to create!! If you do stop by, please leave me a comment so I can return the favor and visit your blog upon my return. I will be back tomorrow with another creation using some of my very favorite dp and images!

blessings,
Chris

31 comments:

Doris P. said...

It´s a wunderfull card! I love the flower soft, it´s so nice!
Hugs and greetings from Austria
Doris

kris said...

Gorgeous! wow! Hope you have a great time camping! hugs, Kris

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

beautiful card!! the cOlours are just so sweet!! lOve it!

Isabelle said...

I love this card ! Looks like a mini-fairytale-forest :P Too cute !

Nyna xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Chris!! Another BEAUTIFUL creation no doubt hun!! I love the look of the pretty flower soft on those trees!! Your brilliant touches are always inspiring hun!! Thanks once again for a brilliant post!! And I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!! I'm hoping to have one myself today...we deserve it, right?!! :) HUGS

Cheryl said...

It's gorgeous Chris! Love the flower soft and the feminine palette here...it's so pretty! What a beautiful way to send birthday wishes to that special friend!

Holly Young said...

This is really such a pretty card Chris. I think your trees are nice, but the whole card is dressed up!

Erin... said...

This is so pretty! Love the layout and the pink flower soft!! The jumbo eyelet is a perfect touch for that ribbon~

Lisa Foster said...

Chris this is sooooo beautiful! Fantastic layout! I love how you used Flower Soft! Just LOVELY! Happy Saturday!
Hugs,
Lisa

Alice said...

This is gorgeous! Love the flowers on the trees (are they soft flowers?).
Alice

Stef H said...

my mouth is hanging open to my knees! this is unbelieveably gorgeous!

hugs,

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous! It looks just like the cherry trees blooming in spring!!

Crystal said...

Chris this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE how you dressed up your tree!!! I just love the colors!! Your corners looks fantastic!

stampinfrog said...

WOW Chris I love the way you have used the flower soft on the trees! This card is GORGEOUS!
Hugs,Connie

Danni said...

Simply gorgeous!! What a wonderful card!

Donna said...

Oh this is so pretty Chris, I love how you decorated your tree's, there is so much to look at on this beautiful card, your stitching is fabulous too. Donna x

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is gorgeous Chris!! I love the colors!! And your sewing, sketch, ribbon and silver pearls are fabulous!! What a beauty!!

having a {me} day said...

Stunning! kxx

cheryl said...

wow this is truly beautiful great design and amazing detail too love cheryl xxxx

Rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous Chris!!
hugs,
Rachel

Dawn Frost said...

Wow what an awesome tree card! I must admit I have more than one tree, try 15! They are all so different I love them all. Thank you so much for voting my not halloween card to the top 3 spotlight for the first challenge! I'm working on the second challenge.

Risa said...

Chris your card is totally fantastic! The colors are beautiful and the Flower Soft is awesome! Great job!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Grace said...

Oh so pretty Chris! Love your FS on your trees! Hope you are having a fabulous camping trip!!!!

Maria Matter said...

This was such a brilliant idea for dressing up your tree! I love the soft delicate look! Just beautiful!!!
Blessings, Maria

Ann Kranitz said...

Gorgeous!!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Chris!! Love the layout and the softness of the colors! Beautifully done!!

Lori said...

Lovely spring tree! The pink flowers look just gorgeous!

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing, Chris! Love the FlowerSoft!

stampingtink said...

Oh, this is just breathtaking! I love the colors, the Flower Soft, the layout, everything about it! It's so soft and springy. Such a contrast to the bright and vibrant fall colors. Just gorgeous!

Hugs,

Susan

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card!! I love your tree with the flower soft and your layout is fantastic!

Tammy x

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so lovely...I used to have a dogwood tree like this in my front yard...ahhh memories!
Thanks for stopping and visiting my blog today...I am always excited to have new visitors and esp if they leave a quick hello..THANKS for brightening my day!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.