Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, October 4, 2009
Happy Sunday All!! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!

Yesterday was World Card Making Day and I just had to make one creation in the wee hours of the day in its honor. I participated in the Inspiration challenge over at SC. It was the 200th challenge!!! Stef chose a wonderful site for us to be inspired by and I chose this scarf with Rasberry tones as my inspiration. http://shopkirdevries.com/alena-henn...rry-scarf.html

When I saw the scarf, I immediately thought of BG Indian Summer Paper so I went with it. Although I do not really enjoy making sympathy cards, I seem to have a lot to make lately. Atleast Our Daily Bread Designs has a new release with some very nice verses and sentiments which are perfect for when you don't know what to say. I used the sets With Heartfelt Sympathy and With Deepest Sympathy.




Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs: With Heartfelt Sympathy, With Deepest Sympathy
Paper: Rose Red, Bazzill Bitter Chocolate, BG Indian Summer
Accessories: Labels 4 dies from Spellbinders, Ribbon Tags Trio Spellbinders, lace from Joann's, EK Moracco Lace Punch, Hero Arts Pearls

I can't wait to see what everyone else created yesterday for the day!! Have a great rest of your weekend.

If you have not seen my birthday blog candy yet, please scroll down to the next post!!!!!!!!!!!I want to thank you my followers for always visiting me and leaving such awesome comments. You truly inspire me.

31 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love this one Chris! Those DP are gorgeous, as are those stamps! Awesome job on this with your stitching, fabby lace and ribbon too!

Cheryl said...

WOW,so much beautiful detail and love all the layering.......gorgeous!!!
Hugs xx

Cassie said...

Wow, Chris, this is such a beautiful, beautiful card!

Carol L said...

You've opened my eyes to all the uses of this wonderful dsp! I never could have imagined a sympathy card done with it, but it is truly stunning! Your stitching and embellishments really make it outstanding!

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous sympathy card,Chris! Love the papers and the cattails are perfect!
Hugs,Connie

jacque4u2c said...

This is just so perfect for such an occasion as sympathy. Just so elegant and dignified.

Stef H said...

what a beautiful card. and sympathy cards should be sad anyway!

hugs,

LINDA said...

Simply gorgeous!! Love the colors and all the details.. Very beautiful..
Hugs, Linda

Dawn Edwards said...

Beautiful Card! I love the colors!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi Chris! This is just beautiful, love the trim. The details on this are stunning, the pearls, the stitching, just everything!

Rachel said...

my gosh Chris such a beautiful card!! those colors and that paper are fabulous!!
hugs,
Rachel

Lori said...

The lace is just beautiful!

Holly Young said...

Chris this card is just lovely. I love the colors, the dimension to the dragonfly, and the lace! It's all just a beautiful creation!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Chris, this is just gorgeous hun!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the lacing and your extra special touches!! You're so talented!! HUGS

Kristine said...

Another GORGEOUS card Chris!! I just LOVE the colors of this and your special touches with the lace, stitching, and awesome sketch =0) Beautiful job as always. xXx

Danni said...

Another simply stunning card! Gorgeous!!

Nannieflash said...

Lovely card Chris, a serene picture, beautifully coloured. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxx

Gloria Dojlido said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS & GORGEOUS!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - you have done it again! What a stunning card - I love the DP and love it that you used it for a Sympathy card. Those ODBD images make these cards such a beautiful 'work of art' along with your creative gift of course!! Beautiful and inspiring Chris - very touching!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!! Love it! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

cheryl said...

wow love this hun its truly amazing such a beautiful work of art lots love cheryl xxxxx

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely stunning, the colours are just gorgeous, love all the embellishments, great stitching, take careX:)

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Chris! Love the lace and stitching! Your colors are so rich ... awesome job!

Denise Marzec said...

Mmmmmm, mmmmmm....that's one AWESOME card! Such rich colors and lovely patterns, and the lace ribbon just adds the perfect touch. BEAUTIFUL, girl, totally BEAUTIFUL!

Mary Lou said...

Wonderful card Chris~~love the colors!!
Blessings
Mary Lou

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love the papers you've used. Hugs Michele x

Kathy Jones said...

Oooooooh Chris this is serene, elegant, gorgeous colours and of course I love your sewing!!! The sentiment panel is wonderful as is that lace. You are making beautiful cards with this new ODBD set!!!

Grace said...

Chris I fell in love with this when I saw it on SCS! The colors are so rich and warm! Love the lace and layout!!! You totally rock everything you try!!! Gorgeous work with this set!!!

Nancy said...

Chris,
Your sympathy card is jaw dropping gorgeous.
I love the papers you used and the stamps just pulled it all together, as does all of the fine details in that card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris - this is a gorgeous card!!! Perfect take on the IC!!! Hugs ~S~

Maria Matter said...

Just beautiful Chris! I love the shape of your front panel...just perfect for the lovely scene you've created! Wonderful colors too!
take care!
Blessings, Maria

Nicola said...

This is so serene and perfect for such a sad occasion Chris.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.