Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Hump Day Everyone!! I hope you are all having a fab week so far!! I am doing o.k although I have to admit my cold is really taking me down. I now have pulled a muscle by my stomach due to the coughing. Boy does that ever hurt. I am so sorry this post is late but I had little sleep last night and overslept after taking some meds that make me drowsy.

Anywho...on to today's Flutter By Wednesday and Inky Impressions Challenge!!!

Today's INky Impressions challenge is to use Inky Impressions Stamps/Image to make a card following this sketch.

Since the Flutter By Wednesday 80 Challenge is to create a card or project using a fairy or butterfly, I decided to combine the two. I also wanted to make a card for Cancer Awareness month in honor of mother in law who passed away from Cancer. She is deeply missed. This card is going to a friend whose family is affected by cancer. Hope she likes it. I used the Inky Impressions stamp Awareness Ribbon Girl. The background is created with pieces of Penny Black stamps and the Whiff of Joy Butterfly. The sentiment is from SU Riveting. As a dt member of the Saturday Spotlight Challenge, I also wanted to remind you of this week's challenge to create a scene. This card meets this challenge as well.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Inky Impressions Ribbon Awareness Girl, SU Riveting, Whiff of Joy Butterfly, Penny Black Asking The Flowers
Paper: BG Eskimo Kisses, Pretty in PInk, Bazzill BitterChocolate
Accessories: Floral embossing folder, buttons, Prima Dandies, MS Fern Leaf punch, Spellbinders Circles

To see other creations using the sketch from Inky Impressions, you can visit my dt sisters:
Shary, Pam, Crystal, Jacqui, and Kristen.

We would love to have you join us for this challenge!

*******************************************

This second card also qualifies for today's Flutter By Wednesday Challenge. I incorporated th Mojo 109 Sketch and the CC241 Color Challenge Always Bravo Cameo hosted by my dt sister Betty. I used the Pocket Silhouettes and Great Friend Stamps from SU. The dp is BG Indian Summer. The die I used from Spellbinders for my image and sentiment panel is Labels 9.



Card Recipe: SU Pocket Silhouettes, Great Friend
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, BG Indian Summer
Accessories: Embossing folders floral and divine swirls, button, gold cording, satin ribbon, Spellbinders Labels 9

I hope you enjoyed today's Flutter By Wednesday creations. I hope you too will join the fun. If you should CREATE A CARD OR PROJECT WITH A FAIRY OR BUTTERFLY, please leave a direct link here. If you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword FBW.

We would LOVE to see what you create so come on and join in the fun! For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:

Ann
Cassie
Danni
Christine
Harriet
Heather
Jodi
Michelle
Nancy
Nicola
Stef
Taylor
Lelia
Kristie

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!! I look forward to seeing all your creations today as well!!

44 comments:

Stef H said...

of course these are both beautiful. i love the 2d one as i'm just floored by the stamping over you did. it's gorgeous.

praying for a quick recovery. feel better, my friend.

hugs,

Crystal said...

WOW Chris these are absolutely STUNNING!!!! I just love both of your creations....you work always amazes me!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, Chris, these are absolutely beautiful!! Hope you feel better soon!

Lelia Pierce said...

Feel better soon, friend! Both of these cards are wonderful! I especially love the second one...I'm in love with that BG paper. Your stamping of the image is beautiful too!

Hugs,
Lelia

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just darling!! I just ADORE it!! BOTH of your creations are awesome, but the little girl holding the pink ribbon just steals my heart!! I love this!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

good morning Chris! Two more beautiful cards today I see!
Your inky impress. card is so sweet, love the pop of black you've layered in! I was going to use black leaves the other day with a pink flower and I didn't know if it was 'proper'...thanks for clearing that up for me! lol It looks wonderful!!!!

Your flutter card is just so stunning! I'm lovin' the rich colors you've been using for the backgrounds lately!! And the repeat/overlap stamping is just brilliant! It's a gorgeous card Chris!!!

I can't believe how your cold is hanging on...I pray healing overtakes you in Jesus' name!!!

Hugs & blessings, Maria

Chris said...

BOth are super cards Chris!

dolcreations said...

Oh Chris your cards are just beautiful. I really hope you feel better soon! You inspire me so much!
Christine

Nicola said...

Hope you feel better real soon Chris.
Your cards are real eye candy and I love your choice of images and papers.
I can feel for you with your mother-in-law´s passing ... cancer is such a dreadful disease which I know only too well and your friend will truly appreciate your creativity.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sharon said...

just beautiful Chris, especially love the II one ,those papers are gorgeous!!
Hope you feel better soon.xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Great cards. I love the little girl with the awareness ribbon, she is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, wow, you never cease to amaze me with the GORGEOUS creations you come up with. The first card is so sweet, with this cutie holding the pink ribbon in her hands. Your second card, well, I am speechless, I love butterflies and the way you've added the window with the Nesties for the flowers and the butterfly looking like it is flying off, is just stunning. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

milena60 said...

оЧЕНЬ КРАСИВЫЕ ОТКРЫТКИ ОЧЕНЬ ВДОХНОВЛЯЕТ!

Rachel said...

MyGoodness these are fabulous!! I love the sewing on your card you do such a marvelous job.
hugs,
Rachel

Cassie said...

these are exquisite!! i am in awe of the sewing you did on that circle - that takes some serious skill!

Moni said...

So fab gorgeous card, and great sketch! Hugs,moni

kris said...

Beautiful cards Chris!!! the Indian Summer DP is gorgeous! and the image you used on the first card has so much meaning to it! TFS! hugs, Kris

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such beautiful cards Chris! I love the second one, it´s brilliant :) Hope you´ll soon feel better hun.

Hugs
Maarit

Deb Neerman said...

WoWza, these are gorgeous! Great use of the SU stamps .... this card really shines!

Dawn B. said...

You poor thing..I wish that this cold stuff would get better..how frustrating.I could never create like this if I were sick.. I love the first image. Of all the cancer awareness images this is my fav..Great job and take care.

Shirley N said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Take care!

Connie M. said...

These are both sooooo wonderful, Chris!! Love that sweet image on the first card, and you second is just so pretty and elegant looking!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

As usual, both cards are beautiful! I hope you will start to feel better soon, Chris. Pulling a muscle coughing doesn't sound like you are having an easy time of it. Please take care of yourself, GF!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hope you are feeling better Chris, Wow, your cards are both stunning, the Inky Impressions image is so cute, Hugs, Nikki x

Shawne said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Chris, I haven't been able to get on here much lately so I scrolled your blog and wow, everything is awesome, I really really love the wiper card!

Patti J said...

Hope you soon feel better. Sounds like you are so sick! Poor girl. Your card is adorable! I love that little image! Great job Chris, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Shirley said...

The first one is just so adorable, pretty, and what a friendship card! The second is so very Fall lovely and warm.

Jodi said...

Wow!! These are both awesome cards!! I love your take on the sketches and the color combos are terrific!!
Feel better soon!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cathy said...

These are gorgeous Chris!! I love your color combos and all the little details that make them just perfect!! I hope you are well. Hugs, Cathy

Harriet Skelly said...

Gorgeous cards Chris! I hope you feel better soon!!

Elena said...

Your Inky Impressions card is so precious! I love the scene you created! The papers, layout, sewing are so pretty!
And butterfly card is gorgeous! I really like the warm colors!

Grace said...

These are both amazing Chris! I don't know how you do all you do! Your little girl with the pink ribbon is wonderful! Love the butterfly and color combo on the second one! Fabulous X 2!!!

Danni said...

I just love these! Love them! I seriously wish I could come and just watch you create, I bet I'd learn so much!! Awesome!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love the image on the first one!!

Only By His Grace said...

Big prayers for a quick recovery Chris.
Your cards are so lovely.
The first one is so very close to my heart.
The second card is so beautiful how you have coloured the flowers (I love flowers)
Hugs Marion

Nancy said...

Both cards are incredible...I especially love the stunning colors of the second one!! Awesome work this week, Chris!!

Anonymous said...

wow Chris, sure wish I could create like this when I am sick, these are awesome. Feel better soon!!

Karen W said...

Beutiful cards, I saved the one with the little girl on to Case your layout, just gorgeous!

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous cards Chris. Love the way you've coloured the images and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Risa said...

Talk about beautiful cards...both of your cards are beautiful! Such beautiful color combos and detailing!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous cards Chris, I love them all they are all stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Kristie W. said...

I hope you are feeling better by now!! Both of your creations are just gorgeous!! I think I like the first one just a teensy bit more because of the pink, my favorite color!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! They are both just amazing Chris! I love how you made a little BG for LiLi with her ribbon, very creative! And genius sewing around the circle....

And I am just in aww... over the second card also. It is beyond word gorgeous! The BG Indian Summer paper is one of my favs! I love how you did the flowers! WOW! And that SU word/label is awesome as well! Everything just comes together so nicely! GREAT JOB on both cards Chris!

BIG HUGS!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh my, both cards are awesome, but that Inky Impressions one is super cute! What an amazing job of coloring! I LOVE it!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.