Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, October 22, 2009
Happy Thursday everyone!! Boy are the weeks just flying by. Thanks so much to everyone for your well wishes and prayers. I actually think I am starting to get a little better. I do have a break in coughing once in a while. Phew! Maybe I am finally starting to get over this horrendous cold!

Speaking of cold....As I am thinking of cards and projects, I am starting to make headway on my holiday cards. Christmas here is usually very cold and snowy.

Anywho... on to my first creation.

I made this card for yesterday's SC251 using Roxi's sketch (She chose the sketch and sample from my friend Anne. Congrats and Anne!!) and the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge (create a card or project based on the nativity).

Here is Lisa's verse and challenge to her readers at Stampin Sister's in Christ:

Lisa couldn't help but chose the scripture Luke 2:11: "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." (NIV) Now that many of us are starting to think about Christmas, she wanted to remind us that it is more important than ever that we keep foremost in our minds what Christmas is all about. Jesus is the reason for the season!

STAMPIN SISTERS IN CHRIST CHALLENGE

The challenge is to m
ake a card or project featuring the nativity or other religious theme about Christ's birth.


I used the We Three Kings from Our Daily Bread Designs. I colored it with Prisma color pencils and gamsol. I sprayed the entire card with pearl glimmermist. It has a real shimmer in real life but not in this photo. The paper is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, my favorite!






Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs: We Three Kings

Paper: Soft sky, Chocolate Chip, BG Eskimo Kisses

Accessories: MS Snowflake border punch, pearls, Snowflakes embossing folder, pearl glimmermist, Choc chip corduroy buttons, baja breeze ribbon, gold cording, paper piercer

The second card I created for LSC240 Christmas tree, WT238 Say it With Pizaaz, and La La Weekly's challenge to add sparkle. As I stamped this out, I imagined going out in the woods with the family on a wintery day looking for the perfect Christmas tree.

Some of the trees are embossed with holographic embossing powder to give it sparkle. I also made a mess of my classic frame by stamping versamark over top and then lifting the frame off and embossing it with holographic powder as well. It is hard to capture the sparkle in this photo. The corners are created with silver glitter paper, the ribbon is a glittered lace and their is sparkly embossing throughout. You may be able to see the sparkle more if you click on the picture for a close up.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: SU Lovely as a tree, Cardinal Christmas
Paper: White, Silver Glitter Paper
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Vintage Corners, Spellbinders lattice border for ribbon treatment, Classic Frame Spellbinders, Snowflakes embossing folder, holographic embossing powder, bling

Thanks for stopping today and for all your wonderful comments. I hope to stop at all your blogs this p.m. after piano lessons, doctor appointments, and running errands. Have a great day!!

62 comments:

Moni said...

Fab cards, grat papers and images! Hugs,moni

Cassie said...

Those are so stunning, Chris! They really put me in the mood for snow and Christmas. Too bad snow comes once every 10 years down here in GA, lol. Glad you're feeling better ;D

Lisa B said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful. They need to be framed. I love the color combos.

Hugs,
LIsa

LINDA said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!! WOW!! Love them both..Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

dolcreations said...

Both of these cards are stunning! You have put me in the mood to start my Christmas cards! I love the light blue/brown combo! Thank-you so much for your wonderful comments on my blog!
Christine

Lisa Foster said...

Chris these are both so Beautiful!!! Glad to hear you're feeling a little better! Hang in there, Girl! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards Chris! I especially love the first one! So happy to hear that you are feeling at least a bit better. Hope you continue to quickly feel better.

Tammy said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous!! Love the brown/blue color combo on the first one. Your sewing and ribbon treatment are fantastic!

Tammy x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - you are a card making machine - how do you do it - and come up with them so beautifully! Love to know the secret!! Love this Chris, the colours and the layout are gorgeous....so perfect with the layout!! Thank you for sharing, you never fail to inspire!! God bless you!

Risa said...

Hi Chris,
Both of your cards are super stunning and beautiful! I especially love the first card!
So glad to hear that your cold is starting to break up. I know too well how miserable you must have felt. Take care and try to have a beautiful day.
Big Hugs
Risa:)

strawberry fields said...

these are stunning! love the wise men! Beautiful colours!
hugs
fiona x

Annie said...

2 stunning cards. and I love all the sparkle!
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! These are such gorgeous creations!! You always have such stunning pieces of artwork to share! I especially LOVE those trees and how you've stamped them!! Very creative with your layout!! HUGS

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, wow, both of these cards are gorgeous. The first one is my favorite though.;D. Stunning colors and your coloring, well, as always it is out of this world. I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. GOD is so good!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

cheryl said...

oh chris these are so beautiful realy stunning detail and design hugs cheryl xxxx

kris said...

Absolutely stunning Chris!!! i love the card for La-La Land... i always crumble for a blue Christmas... hugs, Kris

Debbie said...

Both of these cards are absolutley stunning Chris,Hugs Debbie x

Tina said...

Incredible cards full of detail.

Lynn McAuley said...

What gorgeous Christmas cards, Chris!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Your ODBD card for the SSC is gorgeous!! Your second card is equally mesmerizing!

Holly Young said...

Both of your cards are really nice, but that first one is just stunning Chris. Absolutely stunning.

Kristine said...

Oh wow, Chris, these are sooo GORGEOUS! I am so mesmerized by that first card! Your layers and image and coloring is sooo awesome! LOVE IT! =)

Vicki G said...

Oh my goodness Chris, both of these cards are STUNNING!!!! Two Beauties!!!

Shauna K said...

WOW! these are really gorgeous! really love the first one with the stitching and ribbon on the edge, and the second one's different colored trees is a great effect!!

Helen said...

oh Chris! So awesome! I love these cards! I especially like the blue & brown of the first card. Love it! Thanks for sharing them with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Spyder said...

Really lovely cards, I love the detail, the ribbon and the stitching! Fab cards!!

((Lyn))

Crystal said...

These are gorgeous Chris!!! WOW both of them are beautiful!!

Only By His Grace said...

Both cards are lovely Chris. I can see the sparkles on the snow one when I make it larger. It is very effective. I love the blue and brown of the first card too.
hugs Marion

Unknown said...

Hi, Chris! Oh my goodness! These are gorgeous! I love the stitches and how you what you did with the ribbon on the first one. The second is so elegant! I love the decorative corner and the blue trees!! Totally awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

scrapperjulia said...

Those cards are just gorgeous, Chris!

Stef H said...

even being sick your creativity is awesome! these are soooooooooooooooo gorgeous.

hugs,

Kathy Jones said...

I am so glad that you are starting to feel better my friend!!! You certainly have had a rough time of it lately! In saying that - I can't believe you can create this well while you are sick as a dog!!! Both cards are exquisite!!!

Anonymous said...

You always blow me away with your designs. It is a treat to stop by and wander through your blog. Both cards are so beautiful but the first one is just plain stunning!!!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!! thanks for playing with us at SSCC.

stampinfrog said...

Both of the cards are Beautiful, Chris! Love the card with the wise men!
Hugs,Connie

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful Chris.. I love the first one because I think the image is so beautiful. Really great job.. Glad you are feeling better.

Dayna said...

Beautiful cards! The Three Wise Men card is just so beautiful. The way you layered the paper looks great. Thanks for sharing!

Danni said...

Hope you get rid of the cold for once and all!! feel better!!
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous cards!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful cards, Chris! The wise men are so elegant and the tree card is a breath of fresh (and icy!) air!!

peggysue said...

Both cards are beautiful! The paper and the colors are lovely, the embelllishments, the embossing. Thank you for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wow, Chris! Stunning cards! Both of them are gorgeous! I bet they really shimmer and shine irl! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Karen W said...

These are just beautiful, so elegant and classy, Love them!

Sol said...

Beautiful Cards! I especially like the way you have used the spellbinder border die with ribbon! How Smart!

Anonymous said...

Chris, Those are beautiful maps

cats whiskers said...

Stunning Christmas cards Chris, elegant, classy and so well executed
Hugs Jacqui x

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous cards and designs, Chris!!! Beautifully detailed!!! Lovely work!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your Christmas cards are GORGEOUS Chris, beautiful work.

Carol L said...

I am completely in awe of your beautiful Christmas cards! I don't know how you can create such lovely cards while feeling so out of sorts! All of the framework, coloring and details are just incredible! TFS!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow these both are stunning!!! Beth

Cheryl said...

WOW absolutely stunning......you never cease to amaze me,beautiful work!!!
Hugs xx

Jessica said...

Wow Chris these are awesome! TFS

sandra said...

WOW!This is stunning!!!
I love colors,stamps,details...
I love it all!
Great card!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Pamela said...

Awesome cards!!!!

Jodi said...

Both of these cards are just fabulous!! Love the layouts you used and the pretty coloring on the first card!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Denise Marzec said...

Breathtaking and beautiful!!

cabio's craft corner said...

These are very delightful cards. Glad to know you are back to the crafty mode!
Hugs,
Cabio

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Chris. Love the images you've used and the colours also. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Paul said...

Love the use of hodgepodges and sparkly embossing powder. A lovely bit of sparkle and thanks for joining in with our challenge at La La Land.
TFS
Paul

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely cards Chris...love all the elements you added...need to get out my hardware after seeing your inspiration! Thanks for sharing with La La Land Crafts #9!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Chris, they are both so lovely! I especially like the 3 Kings. Beautifully done!

Maureen said...

Both fabulous cards! I really love all the sparkle on the tree card! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Irina Blount said...

Great cards, love them both!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Lisamariemlt said...

absolutely stunning cards
you work is amazing!!!
hugs
me

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.