Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, October 28, 2009



Happy Hump Day Everyone! I can't believe it is Wednesday already. Where does the time go?!! I have so much to do by Friday before I leave to go away so to think it is Wednesday scares me a bit. I really better get cracking!!

Anywho...today it is Flutter By Wednesday and the Inky Impressions Challenge. Due to lack of time and that the Flutter By Wednesday is an open challenge only requiring a butterfly or fairy, I combined the two challenges. I also incorporated the Saturday Spotlight Challenge for this weekend to create a treat box to give you other ideas on what you can do and remind you of this week's challenge. Some of you may remember my triangle treat box with Lili's Slumber Party for my daughter Nicki. Today I created a different treat box for my daughter, Meghan using the Lili's Stuffed Bunny and the popcorn bowl from Lili's Slumber Party. Inky Impressions challenge this week was to incorporate sewing on your card or project and do not use dp.

I created my background on pink piroutte using my distress ink the butterfly Ecstasy small template and the stars from SU Basic Backgrounds (retired a long time ago). I hope you can see my sewing on my oval and the decorative stitching on the box itself. Now this box is one that I consider very girly with the colors ribbon and lace. The image is water colored with distress inks and popped on dimensionals. I am beginning to really love water coloring with these distress inks, the results are so bold and cheery!!The ribbon I used is a gift from my daughter for my birthday. She is tickled pink that I used it!!! The top ribbon says "cute, sweet and precious".



I have included the triangle treatbox I made for my other daughter just in case some of you missed it over the weekend. The image used for this one is Slumber Party Lili. We have started
a tradition in our household to have a family movie/slumber party on Halloween weekend since we don't celebrate halloween at our house. I have a treasure hunt for them and then we celebrate our family and fall with a movie and slumber party.

I hope these creations inspire you to join in one of these FUN challenges.

Remember for Flutter By Wednesday is another open week. Just create a card with a butterfly or a fairy on it.
I also wanted to add that since the holidays are right around the corner...We think that angels "flutter by" too so feel free to add angels to your creations for the holidays.
Leave a direct link to your creation in Mister Linky. If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use the keyword, FBW. Can't wait to see what YOU create!! For more inspiration, for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Today's challenge for Inky Impressions is to use Inky Impressions Stamps/Image to make a card or project without using any Designer Paper and ADD Real or Faux Stitching. For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Please leave a direct link to your creation here.

If you create a treat box for the Saturday Spotlight, please leave a direct link here. If you click on the link, you will also see all the dt girls treat boxes. There is a great variety!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope that in some way I have inspired you to create and have fun! I have been so blessed by your comments and visits as well as all the inspiration and posts on your blogs.

Just a reminder, my blog candy ends in two days! There is a link to it on my top right sidebar if you are interested.

Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Chris

63 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Just beautiful, you are so clever, just love both these projects, love all the detail and the colouring is just supberb! Like to see I am not the only one to recycle my ribbon! Hope you are 100% now! Take CareX:)

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, these little gift sets are gorgeous. The recipients will be over the moon.
Hugs
Desire

Stef H said...

i wish i was your daughter!!! sounds like alot more fun than trick or treating!!!!

i love that skirt on the treat box. how fabulous! these are both gorgeous. and... going away again???? lucky you.

hugs,

Cheryl said...

Well, if that is the most precious box! What neat challenges! Love the image, that lace and yummy ribbons!

Patti J said...

will you adopt me??? Seriously, what great projects! Perfection!!! (as usual :-)

PatriciaKleijn said...

Wow how cute is this....
Great Stuff

*Kus Patries*

Jacquel said...

Beautiful creations as always Chris! Love your work...tfs!!!

LINDA said...

OH WOW!! These are both just gorgeous!!Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Chris said...

C U T E!!! I just love this little box and that ruffle tops it off perfectly. THis would be a sweet gift anytime. :)

Sharon said...

This is so pretty!! Love it, well done on doing such a hard challenge. x

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Chris, I love love love the bg paper you made, and I knew the stitching would be right up your alley!! Darling projects today (and always!). Great job!

Cassie said...

These are both so amazing, but that first one just makes me smile. . .so cute! What cool ideas, Chris ;D

cheryl said...

wow 2 amazing creations hun the detail is just supurb have a lovely day hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

CECILIA S. - CHILE said...

Hola, que bello trabajo, ideal para una princesa, está muy femenino y delicado, me encantó.

Lynn McAuley said...

What amazing treat presentations!! Absolutely divine, Chris!!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Chris I wish I was coming over to your house,We don't do halloween here either,it's not such a big thing in the UK.
Hugs Debbie x

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh Chris those treat boxes are adorable and gorgeous!! What a great alternative to going out on Halloween! Hugs, Harriet

Lelia Pierce said...

Absolutely beautiful, Chris! How fun! Love all the little deets on these! Your daughters are lucky girls!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Kristen H said...

What great projects, my grands would love these! I should make some for when we go and visit them for Halloween! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Chris, these are sooo adorable!! I love the frilly lace along the bottom and I think these would be so fun to give away to little girls!! :) Thanks so much for sharing your awesome talents girl!! HUGS

Holly Young said...

This is just precious Chris. I love the pink frill and your coloring is so good that it looks like I could reach out and grab a piece of popcorn!

Unknown said...

Super cute, as always!

Dianne said...

What beautiful treat boxes!! I especially like the lace on the pink one. They are both fantastic!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Chris I absolutely adore these! What beautiful little gift bags!
Hugs,
Lisa

kris said...

Wow Chris! they came out really cute! Fabulous even! and i love how you added lace on the first one... too cute! not that will be a treat at the slumber party! hugs, Kris

Cassie said...

i always love to see your inky cards chris - this one is a true beauty as always!!

Silli said...

hello Chris, your gifts are so very pretty. I love the papers, great design! Hugs Silke

Unknown said...

Wow, Chris! Totally awesome project here! I love how you colored the image and how you added the lace there! Fab work!

Nicola said...

Ooh Chris what gorgeous eye candy. Your creations always blow me away and these are stunning. Loving the pink lace and ribbons, lucky you, and fabulous stamped background. Images are gorgeous and coloured so beautifully and what a wonderful way to celebrate Fall.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kerri said...

Oh my goodness, that super girly treat box is just adorable, Chris!!! What fun details!!!

dolcreations said...

I love coming to your blog!!!!You always have such awesome projects to share! Your cards and your projects are done to perfection!
I am just loving this little skirt you placed on the bottom of the box! Wow! I wish I was coming to the party...I would love this!
Christine

Danielle said...

wow Chris - your projects are always so beautifully done! Adorable treat boxes which I'm sure will be loved!!
Hugs, Danielle

Tina said...

these little treat boxes are absolutely sweet and how lucky the girl who receives these.
tina

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous projects Chris. So pretty for two little girls.
Hugs Marion

Connie M. said...

Oh wow!! These are just so wonderful, Chris...how sweet!!

Jodi said...

Wow!! These are sooo cute! I just love what you have made and the wonderful coloring on these cute images too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Christine said...

These boxes are so cute! What a fun idea to have a fun slumber/movie party! My mother, sister and I go out to dinner for Halloween but this year my mom is going out of town so it will just be sis and I!

Blessings,
Christine

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How adorable this is! That lacy border is such a great detail on your box.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, your treat boxes came out fantastic!!! I am blown away by your coloring. I am having a hard time coloring any people images as I never can find the right color for the skin. Do you have any tips? ;D;D Please, pretty please!! :D:D:D:D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Danni said...

Okay, that's it. I've decided you are moving next to me so I can learn from you!!! Totally amazing creations!! I {heart} that first little box....amazing!!

Darlene said...

Oh My Gosh ... these are just ADORABLE!!! And your coloring is amazing! What a wonderful creation for this combination of challenges! Well done!

stampinfrog said...

Both of the treat holders are just too cute! Love the colors and the images and of course your coloring is fantastic!
Chris, if you don't mind me asking What paper do you use to watercolor with the distress inks?
My watercoloring with the distress inks never looks this good!!!
Hugs,Connie

Carol L said...

What lovely little gifts! Oh my, the girly one with all the lace and frills is just adorable! And then purple is my favorite color, so I love that one too! You have such a talent!
And thanks for commenting on my card on SCS and my blog - I'm doubly happy today:)

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Very nice boxes Chris, You are a wise women making two of them. They are just so pretty!! TFS

Ann Kranitz said...

Hello my friend!! First off, I am so sorry I have not visited your blog but you know my laptop is down so it cuts into my blog hopping time but oh how I have missed coming by to your blog!! Your creations today are so much fun!!! What a great little project!! Miss Ya!!

HUGS!!

Kristine said...

WOWIE Chris! These are ADORABLE!!! :) Great job, and I love your coloring of LiLi! Have a super FUN time at your slumber party! :)
Hugs!!

Maria Matter said...

what a gorgeous little treat holder...love the little ribbon skirt! Just too precious!!!
you're such a good mommy!!!!
Blessings!

Kristine said...

One more question... I NEED that box template PLEASE??!! Could you email me a link that you used? THANKS!!

Jodie from Oz said...

Chris, Your treat boxes are amazing, I could spend hours oooh and ahhing over all your amazing creations on your web site, they are all so beautiful and your colouring is just perfect. I hope your slumber party is wonderful and thanks so much for leaving such sweet comments on my blog. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Unknown said...

This treat box is looking very attractive.The design and colour-selection is just perfect.

ram

Cheryl said...

OMG just magical and so very pretty.........so much beautiful detail!!! Gorgeous work!!
Hugs xx

Denise Marzec said...

Both are totally GORGEOUS!!!!

Risa said...

What an adorable treat box Claire! Such a beautiful shade of purple and your image is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle Quinno said...

I apologize if this is a dup. I lost my first comment!

These are both gorgeous! I especially love the pink and what you did with the lace. Really beautiful!

Thanks for your sweet comments!

Shawne said...

So cute I love the bg you stamped and all the girly details!

Judi said...

These are so pretty.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so cute, Chris! Love the colors and lace.

Chrissie said...

Oh Chris! Both of these are so delightful!
I'm sure your daughters love having you as their Mum when you make them all these gorgeous, girly things.

cats whiskers said...

How sweet is this, love the image and the great colour scheme, perfect work as usual dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Scrappinology said...

How bootiful these are!!!!!!!! I really like the pink one...it is so frilly girly!

*gina*

Kristie W. said...

Awesome creations! I just adore the pink treat box!!

Kristen said...

Your projetcs came out so cute. Love the idea of your movie night! way cute

Unknown said...

By giving this types of gift to our girlfriend i completely sure that she is impressed with us and that is good thing that you are giving this types of card,flowers and chocolates to your girlfriend.

nintendo dsi r4

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.