Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Saturday Everyone!! I hope everyone has a great beginning to their weekend!! I spent the day making applesauce to freeze yesterday. It is such a messy job but so gratifying when it is done. Our house still smells like apples. I am also so thankful that my dad went for his appointment to the urologist yesterday, had the catheter removed and is improving with each day!!!

Well anywho...Today is another Saturday Spotlight Challenge. Vicki has challenged the team to create a treat box or container.
With the up-coming Halloween/Fall and Christmas Season upon us, it seems like this is a great time to get your "sweet treats" made up!! With Halloween one week from today...there's no better time like the present to start creating them!! Show us your "hidden potential" with your own version of a treat container!!
Vicki even has a tutorial available to you for a hanging treat box that she created here. The dt has created quite a variety of treat boxes to share with you!!! We hope this challenge and our creations inspire you to create as well. We have so enjoyed visiting all of your blogs to see your take on the challenge each week!


This week's sponsor is Firecracker Designs!


CLICK HERE to go to the website shop!


Pamela has very generously donated TWO adorable Fall style stamp sets to our challenge winner this week!

MY TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE

For my treat container or box, I decided to create a triangle treat box. It is hard to see the shape in this photo. Sorry!! There is a tutorial on SC for this type of treat box but I had to improvise and change mine up quite a bit because it was just too small for the goodies I planned to put in the inside (hot chocolate, marshmallows, microwave popcorn and chocolate). The SC tutorial can be found here. My intention was to make a little treat for my girls to have on our Fall Family Movie/Slumber Party night on Halloween Weekend. Isn't this image darling?!! It is one of the newer stamps released from Inky Impressions called Lili's Slumber Party. I made it purple for my daughter, Nicki, who loves purple!




The cardstock to create the treat box is dry embossed as is the oval behind Lili.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

*Vicki
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Debbie
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Susan

If you should decide to create a treat box for this challenge, please leave a direct link to your creation on Mr. Linky here. If you upload your creations to SC please the keyword SSHP04. We all look forward to seeing your creations.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments. They mean so much to me. Have a blessed day and weekend!

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Chris!! You've done such a beautiful job again girl!! I SO LOVE your fun triangle treat! I especially LOVE the purple!! This is just adorable and perfect for what you're using it for!! And I just LOVE homemade applesauce!! SO YUMMY!! I also am glad to hear that your dad is doing better hun!! You're in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you have a lovely weekend and thank you again for all you do as a Spotlight Diva!! You rock lady!! :) HUGS

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

First, I would like to say that I'm glad that your father is doing better with each day and I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

Secondly, Share the wealth girlfriend! I love applesauce!!! I would love to have your recipe. :) I've made it before, although it has been several years. LOL I have always just used apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, a touch of white sugar & then obviously a bit of water. Is that how you make yours? I love to try new recipes that friends use..... :) Aw man, now I sooo... wish I had some stinkin' applesauce. (hehehe)

Okay, onto your lovely box! I think it is really pretty. I know Nicki will just love it! And I have to say, what a great idea to make Halloween night a time for fun & games with your family! That is so sweet. Thanks for being such an awesome friend & Inky DT girl, Chris! You rock girlfriend!

BIG HUGS!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) :)

Cheryl said...

So adorable,love the colours and the image is so sweet.This is so much nicer than just getting the treats!!! I am so glad your dad is improving and I hope it just keeps getting better!!
Hugs xx

kris said...

This is a very fun and cute treat for a slumber party... or any party with switching the image... but i like it just the way it is... Great job Chris! glad to hear the good news about you Dad... wish he well to get better soon! hugs, Kris

Debbie said...

What a great Idea for a Slumber party Chris,I'm glad to here the good news about your Dad,Have a fab weekend,Hugs debbie x

Jessica G. said...

Sweet treat box and SO perfect for a slumber party from the adorable image to the beautiful ribbons and the yummy treats, too!!

Carol L said...

This is just adorable, especially with the "bring your jammies"!! You always have the most innovative ideas to share, and I love visiting here! Best wishes to your father, it's so good to know he's coming along well......and I think I can almost smell that delicious applesauce too!! :) Have a great weekend:)

Stef H said...

oh i'm soooooo glad dad is doing better! and i can almost smell the apples!!!!

this is wonderful. i just love it!

hugs,

Danielle said...

What an adorable treat box you've made Chris! The image is darling and your girls are going to love it! Beautiful work! So glad to hear your dad is doing much better - I hope he keeps improving!
Hugs, Danielle

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a creative idea! I love the packaging! Beth aka BR-T

Rachel said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always Chris. I am so in need of packaging ideas, so i will definately be making the rounds of all you talented ladies!!
hugs,
Rachel

Do What You Love said...

Chris, this is a fantastic goody bag. I love that purple. I really love the embossing. You did a fab job and how creative of you to know how to improvise to make it the size you want. Sometimes it works when I have to do that - most times it doesn't. LOL! Thank you so much for the kind comments you left on my blog. I am glad even more so because I had a chance to skim your entire blog and boy is it filled with beautiful creations. I see you couldn't do without your Cuttlebug - I'm learning ot appreciate mine. :D I'm glad your dad is better - too bad he had to spend his birthday in the hospital! Have a wonderful weekend!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Adorable, the recipient is one lucky person.
Hugs
Tanya

stampinfrog said...

Chris I am so glad your Dad is doing better! I will keep you and him in my prayers!
Homemade applesauce! Yummy!!!
Your treat box is sooooo cute! I love the colors and the sweet image is colored so beautifully!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Holly Young said...

Darling and fun project Chris! Love your coloring as always!

dolcreations said...

This project you did for your slumber party is such a fantastic idea! Your girls are so lucky to receive this little treasure! What I would have given to get this at a sleepover! Love the image for the box! Well done!
Glad to hear your dad is on the mend!
Christine

kc_froglady said...

lovely idea for the family fun night and treats to go with it for each person!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What a gorgeous project, Chris! Lovely colors and fab your coloring.
Thank you for visit on my blog and your kind comment.

Lori said...

Very sweet! This slumber party business, sure sounds like fun! Good to hear your dad is improving.

Only By His Grace said...

Such a gorgeous treat box. The little girl is so cute.
I'm so glad your Dad is doing so much better. I pray he continues to get totally well.
Hugs Marion

Spyder said...

Lovely project Chris, I love the colour purple and the goodie box is just perfect! Hope your dad is feeling a lot better too!
((Lyn))

Gina Lindsay said...

I love your treat box! I really like the purple. A family movie/slumber party sounds like a lot of fun.

I have never thought bout freezing applesauce. I am just starting to really learn what I can freeze that will thaw out well and that was one I didn't think about. I just made applesauce last week, but only made what we were going to be eating. Thanks for that tidbit of knowledge!

Shawne said...

How cute for a little girl party,love the purple. glad to hear your dad is doing better!

Danni said...

Cute, cute and cute!!! What a great idea too!

stampingtink said...

Oh, my gosh, how cute is this! I love that Lila image and she's prefect for a little girls slumber party! I remember those! My Jennifer's favorite color was purple and she would have loved this! I love the lace and all the pearls. So girly! What great coloring and a great tutorial. And great ideas with the treats for the girls. They'll love them!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Kristine said...

OH CHRIS! This is ADORABLE and now I see what you meant. Great minds think alike *wink* but I totally should've made up a treat box like this! Maybe we will make some up to give out as party favors for my dd's birthday slumber party! :) That's so neat that you do that for halloween weekend. My girls have been having one these last few years due to the face that C's b-day is Nov. 1st. :) Love the purple color and the embossing too. Great job. Hugs!!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW Chris this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE LOVE those colors, and slumber Lili looks tooo cute!!! What a fun idea with your treat box...!!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!! Hugs!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fun, fun challenge - Chris...and you rocked it!!! The treat box is so cute and yummy looking!!! I love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

I am so glad your dad is doing better.. I was just going to email you and ask.. This is so cute.. I think I want to come to your slumber party.. I love the sweet image.. I also really love the smell of apples cooking.. I have even seen a recipe where you can do it in the crock pot.. mmmmm.. Have a great weekend.. Super job.

Risa said...

Hi Chris,
Your treat box is beautiful and detailed fantastically!
I'm so glad to hear that you dad is doing fine and I know that you are as well. What a blessing!
Take care and have a beautiful weekend!
hugs
Risa:)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a fab treat box Chris! Love the colours you have used and the image is adorable. Glad to hear that your dad is doing better hun.

Have a great Sunday and take care,
hugs
Maarit

cats whiskers said...

I am so pleased your Dad is doing better dear, what a relief for you. This box is fabulous and of course she is my fav LILI
thinking of you all and sending big hugs
Jacqui x

Cheryl said...

This is great Chris...I really need to try to create more altered items like this...yours turned out awesome!

Thanks so much for your kindness, I truly appreciate it : )

**hugs**
~Cheryl

Erin... said...

This is cute! WHat a great sentiment too. Happy to hear your dad is doing better.

Nannieflash said...

Wow that card is lovely and stunning, mind you the sweeties are lovely as well. Glad to hear that your dad is on the mend. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

Maria Matter said...

Hi Chris!!!
This was such a great idea! Love it! You did a fabulous job decorating it with the embossing and sweet little image...lovely coloring!

I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing better!!! What a blessing!!

yum, there's nothing like homemade applesauce! We haven't made ours yet, but soon I hope!

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Chris...I love that sweet little image and what beautiful colors!!! Hummm, a jar of homemede applesauce would look pretty good in one of these, too!!!! Glad your Dad is improving daily!!!!

Enola said...

hi,

what is that beautiful !!!!

enola x

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.