Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, October 26, 2009


Happy Monday to you all!! I hope you all had a great weekend. My how fast the weekend does go. I had hoped on doing some crafting but my family had other plans. Since the kids only stay young once and time is precious with family, I gave in to them and put my addiction away for the weekend. I did have time to create two cards using the Inspiration Challenge on Saturday and the Featured Stamper Challenge on Sunday.

My first card incorporated the Inspiration Challenge. Stef gave us links to the Anthropologie site and I used this romper as my inspiration. The photo is kind of small but I think you get the idea. It has ivory lace at the top, with a big brown rose in the center.




Ordinarily I would not have made a chocolate chip rose but it fit with this inspiration (from the IC203 challenge at SC) so I stamped my Bella Bloom Rose in Chocolate Chip. The layout I used is from Spoonful of Sugar that my dt sister and friend, Debbie hosted this past week. The gold paper is not really gold paper but rather gold embossing. Each of the panels is dry embossed with the Leaves folder and then sponged with brown to make it show up more.





Card Recipe:
Stamps: Bella Blooms
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Vanilla
Accessories: Gold Embossing powder, gold cording, Ecru lace from Wright, pearls, megacurved rectangle spellbinders

This second card I made was for the FS142 challenge featuring Rachel. Congrats Rachel. After looking through her beautiful gallery, I decided to case this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=44266 . I kept most of her layout and some of the colors but changed the image, made my card square, added flowers and dry embossing, and eliminated the flourish and double ribbon.

The Warm Apple Pie image from Belles N Whistles is watercolored with distress inks and popped up using the paper tole technique. The dp is from K&Co. Sera Lera. Since I took this photo at night, I don't think it did it justice. I may have to take a new photo and edit this post when the sun comes up nice today. The distress inks add so much vibrance to the image!!



Card Recipe:
Stamps: Belles N Whistles image- Warm Apple Pie (illustrated by Elizabeth Bell)
Paper: Regal Rose, white, Sera Lera from K&Co.
Accessories: pink pearls, ZVA creative roses, Primas, sewing machine, Chocolate chip ribbon

I hope you enjoyed today's post!! I so look forward to blog hopping today. Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your comments. They mean so much to me!

blessings,
Chris

35 comments:

Carol L said...

Well, it looks like you managed your time quite well! You had time for family and time to also create these two beautiful cards! As always I love all your special touches and embellishments - each card is a beautiful gift! I like the chocolate flower too, it looks yummy!!

Tina said...

They are both so lovely. I love all the little touches.

Crystal said...

Good Morning Chris, I hope you have a wonderful Monday!!! Girl these two cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE LOVE that Belles and Whistle image and your SU BLOOM totally gorgeous!!!! I am hoping to get back to crafting today, I have had a rough weekend :) BTW HUGE CONGRATS on all your new followers...that is SOOOOO AWESOME!!!! Big Hugs to you!!!

Chrissie said...

What fabulous cards Chris, I especially LOVE that chocolate chip rose card, just my favourite sort of style (and colours lol!)

Chris said...

I was sad this weekend thinking how quickly the kids grow up and that my oldest will be gone in 5 years...I know that time will pass quickly. The colors are great on both cards but my favorite is that golden hue in the warm apple pie - beautiful!

dolcreations said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I really like the warm apple pie card! Very warm feel to it! I can't believe you were able to create such beauty with such little time! Way to go girl!
Christine

Cheryl said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous Chris, lovely papers, images and more!

Holly Young said...

These are both just so beautiful. I love your stitching on the first one, and the second one is just gorgeous! Love the touch of gold on it.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris that card at the top is stunning, so beautifully detailed, and the second it gorgeous. Well done with love andhugs Shirleyxxx

Cheryl said...

They are both gorgeous and your attention to detail always magical!!!
Hugs xx

Kerri said...

Oh, I love the Chocolate Chip rose, and your coloring on that precious Belles 'n Whistles image is amazing!!! Gorgeous cards!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER lady!! Your cards are fantastic!! I especially love the BnW of course!! :) The chocolate Chip card looks so darn yummy though!! I say that purple is first, but this Chocolate Chip comes in as a very close second fav for me!! Your creations rock!! HUGS

stampinfrog said...

Chris both of the cards are so Beautiful! Love the colors on both and of course your coloring is so amazing!
Hugs,Connie

kris said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!! love the colors you used... and that chocolate chip rose is stunning! TFS! hugs, Kris

Stef H said...

i can almost smell that pie. what time did you say to be over???? LOL.

and i just love that chocolate flower! awesome.

hugs,

Susan.... said...

Simply stunning cards Chris !
hugs
susan x

Melody said...

Your cards are so pretty and your coloring is amazing!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wonderful cards, Chris, and you are right to spend time with family...it DOES go by so fast!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Chris - your work never ceases to get the 'WOW' factor from me!! These cards are gorgeous!! Love each one of them - your ability to do EVERY style is amazing! Love them!! Glad you enjoyed your family - sometimes we just have to 'card sacrifice' and it is always time well invested! Thanks for sharing my friend!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Dragonlady said...

Hi Chris

What fabulous cards. Love the colour combos in both of them.

Ali x

cheryl said...

wow stunning cards love the papers gorgoues image and such fab detail too love cherylxxxxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are GORGEOUS.

Denise Marzec said...

WOW, girl, these are AWWWWWWWE-SOME!! MAN, I just LOOOOOOVE your stuff!!!!!!

Danni said...

Seriously...take some of your AMAZING creativity, rub it on a card, then send it to me!!
You rock!

Maria Matter said...

Glad you took the time to enjoy your family Chris! This is my fav time of the year to start baking and cooking with the kids, so I've been stepping away from the computer alot more! They need us!!! :)

Love the rich look of your chocolate card...just beautiful!
Gorgeous Bn&W card too! Fabulous cards, as always Chris!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Jane Wetzel said...

love these Chris! Miss you lots! :)

Cassandra said...

I love them both! So many personal touches that make them both so precious!! Fantastic job on both!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Chris, these creations are just gorgeous. Love the textures you manage to create and the designs are so perfect.
Hugs
Desire

strawberry fields said...

Gorgeous card, Chris! Love the colours.
The flower is so sweet
hugs
fiona x

strawberry fields said...

And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog x

Kathy Jones said...

These are FABULOUS Chris!!!! Both have your gorgeous style - so much detail to admire and drool over!! Really love that second one - your colouring is gorgeous!!!

Enola said...

hi

this card is awesone !!!!!!!

enola x

Risa said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Claire! I'm crazy about the WOJ card, your image and color combo totally rock!
hugs
Risa:)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Chris, both of these cards are fantastic!! Your coloring is fabulous, and the colors and sketches are awesome!! Gorgeous work!

Jodi said...

Chris! You did a wonderful job on both cards! But I really love your take on the Belles n Whistles image!! I knew it would be fantastic!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.