Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Happy Hump Day Everyone!! We are already half way through the week!! Can you believe it?! This weekend we as a family are suppose to be taking our last camping trip for the season. We are going with a bunch of friends. Hopefully two days is enough for my dear Scott to get better. Poor Guy! He is still suffering with severe congestion and is hacking to beat the band.

Well...today is Flutter By Wednesday and my dear friend, and Our Daily Bread Design's owner, Kelley's Birthday!!! Happy Birthday Kelley!!! What is it 29 this year?! LOL!

Since this week is an open week at Flutter By Wednesday and all we have to do is use a butterfly or fairy, I challenged myself to create a card for Kelley using one of her sets (in honor of her birthday) and incorporate a butterfly! I decided to use the new release set With Heartfelt Sympathy and the Happy Birthday set to create my birthday card. I just love these cat tails and dragonflies and I know Kelley does too! Kelley also loves pink, hence the pink. I have incorporated a butterfly although half of it got covered in the picture by the bow.

In addition to the FBW challenge, I incorporated SC's TLC241 Faux Suede ( the panel behind the image is run through the crimper in both directions and then run across the side of the table to loosen the fibers. After it has a worn look, I pulled the two layers apart and got this suede look on the inside.) Isn't it such a neat looking texture! You can see it better if you click on it for a closer look or in real life.

I also incorporated the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. Kristine offered up this verse of the week:

"The LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the oceans be glad."

This week's card challenge was to show the "earth rejoicing"... flowers blooming, oceans roaring, trees bursting with fruit, mountains and hills 'clapping'... whatever comes to mind for you as long as your card or project shows the earth rejoicing. I think the cat tails and these insects are just perfect for this challenge and depict God's beauty!




Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- With Heartfelt Sympathy, Happy Birthday
Paper: BG Eskimo Kisses, cranberry crisp, white
Accessories: Martha Stewart Pearls, Crimper, pink grosgrain ribbon from Offray, button, Labels 3 nestability, flourish pearls from Hero Arts

If you decide to join this week's open challenge at Flutter By Wednesday to incorporate a butterfly or fairy on your creation, please leave a direct link to Mr. Linky here. If you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword FBW.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

This card is actually a part of a set I created for Kelley but since I am unsure if Kelley will have received this set before today or not, I wanted to leave some element of surprise for Kelley! I will post the other piece tomorrow! Have a great day Kelley!!

Now that my post has been up for a few hours, I have to make an addendum. I am not catholic but I have a confession to make. I forgot today was Oct 7 and it is my sister's 20th Wedding Anniversary! I am so sorry I didn't send out a card today Jeanne!! I know I deserve 30 lashes with a wet noodle. Now we are even since I didn't get a birthday card yet. LOL! No, seriously, I am working on it today!!! If you get a chance, please wish my sister Jeanne a Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary!! Happy Anniversary Jeanne!! May the two of you be blessed with many more years of happiness together.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! I hope this card inspires you to create and maybe even use a fairy or butterfly or an ODBD set!! If you have not yet signed up to win my birthday blog candy, there is still time.
Click on the link on my top sidebar and it will take you right to the post.


44 comments:

Crystal said...

Chris this is ABSOLUTELY stunning!!! WOW WOW I love the pearls, your sentiment and that gorgeous ribbon treatment...Lucky Kelley!!!!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris! Love those pearls and ribbon...fantastic girl!

Carol L said...

Oh how pretty!! The pearls and ribbon are gorgeous accents to finish off this wonderful birthday card for Kelley! HB Kelley!! I'm sure she'll love it! Have fun this weekend - oh how I miss those days when we used to go camping!!

Grace said...

Chris this is spectacular!!! i love that you got pink in there and the faux seude is gorgeous! Your pearls are such a pretty feminine touch!!! Gorgeous and Kelley will love it!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is gorgeous.

Patti J said...

Hi Chris, this is so pretty! I'm really lovin' those pearls! Your colors are gorgeous, and the faux suede is wonderful - isn't it fun doing that??? Great card! TFS...

RosesMarijke said...

Ooooo how beautiful is this card!!

Stef H said...

holy moly! this is like totally gorgeous! those pearls, that ribbon! gorgeous. i love that stamp too.

hugs,

Connie M. said...

So very pretty in pink, Chris!! LOVE the papers, the pearls, and the ribbon treatment...so perfect in every way!

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness this is so nice...I love the pearls on the card...simply so elegant! Like always you do such creative work! Stunning!
Christine

Jacquel said...

What a beautiful card Chris and I love the colors you used! Awesome work as always & tfs!!!

Kerri said...

Oh, this is just beautiful, Chris! I love those pearl swirls!!!

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful card--great color choice & fab job adding all of the textures to it!

Jeannie said...

Very pretty card Chrissie! Check out my blog today -- I linked to your blog and even mentioned the blog candy!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning sweetie!! :) I LOVE your creation and I'm sure the b-day girl will as well!! Love the pretty swirls and the added button on your ribbon is awesome!! TFS! HUGS

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Chris! I love the colors and pearls. Your friend, Kelley, will love this for sure! I can't wait to see the rest of your creations for her - I bet they are spectacular!!

Lelia Pierce said...

Beautiful, as usual, Chris! Love the flourishes in pearls!

Hugs,
Lelia

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card Chris, very classic the colouring is stunning. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Stunning! I love the cattails, and those pearls are ROCKIN'!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Chris - this is absolutely gorgeous!! Those pearls are awesome!

Deb Neerman said...

Just gorgeous, Chris! You've outdone yourself!!

Holly Young said...

Chris this card is just beautiful. I love everything about it. The colors, the pearls, the frame around the image; it's all fabulous!

Candace said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at SSCC! :)

Danielle said...

A very beautiful card Chris - loving all the pearls!
Hugs, Danielle

Lisa Foster said...

SO gorgeous Chris! Love the beautiful colors and your accents are perfect!
Hugs,
Lisa

Jodi said...

A gorgeous card! I am sure she will love this!! Very pretty layout too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!

Kelley said...

Chris, this card is beautiful!! I did get the mail just a lttle while ago and the chocolate bag and matching card are so darling!! You are so kind-hearted! Thanks so very much!! Hugs!!!

Christine said...

Beautiful card!

Blessings,
Christine

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh - Chris - this is so beautiful!!! Perfect birthday card!!! Hugs ~S~

Danni said...

So very gorgeous!!

Judy Rozema said...

Just a gorgeous card!

Heather Schlatter said...

Chris this is just gorgeous and I love that you incorporated that challenge!!! Good for you this is just so pretty and elegant and I love the colors I may try to do somthing with this challenge for my Character Cafe Feature Friday card this week we have to start doing 6 of us are in on The Character Cafe Challenge and 6 of us need to participate in another challenge for the week and it is my week to choose another challenge and there is this gorgeous image of a Sea Turtle swiming through the ocean and there is this whole ocean scene and I might be able to incorporate that challenge with that image!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is so cute! Thanks for playing at SSCC.

Lori said...

Very pretty! The background piece is super. Great job.

Maria Matter said...

it's a keeper Chris! lol

Stunning! I love the pearls!!!
Isn't it funny...we all make cards everyday and still don't get them mailed out on time! I keep thinking, next time I'm going to do better! lol
Blessings, Maria

Rachel said...

absolutely stunning Chris!!
hugs,
Rachel

Kristine said...

Oh wow...another GORGEOUS card!! LOVING all those pearls on there Chris :) And your beautiful DP...totally reminds me of your blog background in darker shades!!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Fabulous card, Chris! I love those colors together and you really made this shine!!

Nicola said...

Ooh Chris this is absolutely stunning. I love this image and your gorgeous paper and wow those pearls are awesome as is your ribbon detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Nancy said...

Wow, Chris!!! Just WOW!! I always love the way you can incorporate embellishments, and you always give the card just the perfect amount! True style!! Gorgeous!!

peggysue said...

This is stunning, look at all those pearls and the rich background. Wow! Happy camping. We were supposed to go too this weekend but with the weather predictions we're hotelling it instead. :)

Kristie W. said...

This is gorgeous!!! I bet the rest of the set is just as beautiful!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful card Chris! Truly spectacular! I hope your hubby feels better. The flu has been going around my house, too.

Hugs,
Lisa

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.