Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, April 9, 2010
Good Morning!! It is Friday!! Boy the time has just flown by again this week. Atleast it is going to be a tad bit cooler today. It has been in the 90's the last few days and is so out of character for this time of year here. Too hot too soon...I am not complaining but my flowers and plants have been maturing and dying off so much more quickly with this weather...

Anywho....Today I have two cards to share with you....a sneak peak from Whimsy and a card I created for this week's challenge at Wags n Whiskers.Today is another digi sneak peak for Whimsy. On Monday April 12...we will be having a blog hop and the new digi line will be released!!!
Here is a card I created using a Whimsy digi created by Katie Sowa called "Aw so tweet" and some "Ah so tweet sentiments" to match. I used Sketch Saturday for my layout. The image is colored with prisma and gamsol. I added fun fur to resemble feathers. The dp is from Anna Griffin-Isabelle.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My second card is one I created for this weeks Wags n Whiskers challenge hosted by my talented and sweet dt sister: Sharon. And she asked us to add some Scallops to our cards!!
You can use dies, border punches, die cuts, etc... But remember, you must use a Wags 'n Whiskers stamp to be entered into the drawing for the prize.
And what's the prize?! How about one Wags 'n Whiskers Stamp OF YOUR CHOICE!! You can choose from any of the releases as well! So why not come join the fun!

Here is my take on the challenge:
I used Happy Day illustrated by Cris De Lara for Wags n Whiskers. I paper pieced her with Basic Grey Kioshi. The layout uses Going Grey with Snap Creations sketch for this week.

I have received a lot of new goodies from Stamp and Create and just had to use them!!! The delicious lace, the BG Kioshi paper, Shimmerz Spritz (Carribbean Sunset) the large pink prima rose, and little mint green roses are available in Lacey's Stamp and Create store.

The image, Happy Day from Wags n Whiskers is part of this week's Product Spotlight at Stamp and Create and is one of 58 images on sale for 50% off (Easter sale) You have this week and next to place your order!!! While it is called an Easter Sale...not all the images are Easter and can be used for many occasions!!

For more inspiration for the scallop challenge at Wags n Whiskers, please visit my dt sisters:
Tina
Should you create a card or project with scallops, please leave a direct link to Mr. Linky here.

Challenges:

Kitchen Sink - square card
Simple Doodles - Add Some Layers
Caardvarks - Lacy Days
Practical Scrappers- Markers
Stamp With Fun- Reciep (3 flowers, 3 designer papers, 2 buttons)
Pink Elephant- nature
Our Creative Corner- buttons
Crafty creations- paper piecing
Simon Says Stamp- for a child
Quixotic- spring theme
Creative Belli- color spray (sprayed the sides of my image with color spray)
Stamp with Sarah Kay- green
Prairie Fairy Fridays: Texture
Flutter by Wednesdays: butterfly, fairy, angel and sparkle (my prima is glittered- you may see it if you click on it)
Sketch Saturday- first card only
Going Grey with Snap Creations- sketch for my second card
Stampin Sisters in Christ- Love



Thanks for stopping by today and for all your sweet comments!! Have a great day!!

blessings,
Chris

46 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! The large flower on the second card looks like it's dipped in sugar...I have not had breakfast yet! LOL I love the colors you used on both cards.

It's been hot here in East TN this past week but this morning I woke up to a freezing house and had to turn the heat back on. Can't have my little ones cold!

NUTHINBUTDABUG said...

i love these cards!!! i often think of adding that extra touch to my handmade cards and items but im not the best artist, i can admit to some talent in that category!! ladybug

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris both of these cards are fantastic I adore the second cards paper piecing! Beth

Darlene said...

Hi Chris!! Your cards are always so much fun and so amazing! I just love seeing what you come up with next!! Hope you are doing well ... miss you!!

Kristine said...

These are both so adorable Chris. I absolutely LOVE your colors and images in that first one--my fave! (have I told you I love birds!? LOL) Too cute! And your second card is lovely! That li'l girl is too too CUTE! Great job =)

krechi said...

Wonderful cards!

Irinca said...

Gorgeous cards!

Sharon Caudle said...

Both cards are fabulous, Chris!! Love the colors in your Whimsey card! Those lovey dovey birds are just too cute and your coloring is gorgeous (as always)!! The fibers are the perfect addition and gives the feel of feathers! Your Wags 'n Whiskers card is stunning!!!! I love the yummy papers you used and your coloring of her is amazing!!! I just love everything about the way you've put this card together and that flower, oh my gosh! You're amazing! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Stef H said...

oh i just love the "fru-fru" on your 1st card! that is soooooooooo ME! and your 2d card is absolutely gorgeous! that flower is super stunning!

RosesMarijke said...

Gorgeous and beautiful cards Chris!!

xxMarijke

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris - you snuck this one in right as I was going to sign off but I just had to have a look! LOL! These are divine Chris, love those birds in the first card but that little girl on the second one - awww, she has stolen my heart - she looks like she could march right off that card! Love the flowers and all the detail - perfect Chris - love seeing it here at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! {{{hugs}}}

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Chris!
These are beautiful! I absolutely ADORE those birds! It's always a pleasure to come visit ya!
Hugs,
Lisa

Becky said...

Hi Chris.. These are wonderful. But I must say I just love-love those two adorable birds,what a fabulous card.

LINDA said...

These are both just beautiful..I really love the little birds.. Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

Marlene said...

These are both adorable! They make me smile. :)

Erin Morehouse said...

beautiful!! thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!

Connie M. said...

These are both soooo adorable, Chris! I just LOVE how you mix the cute images with all your elegant touches!! Such talent!! :)

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Hi Chris, just stopped by to say hello and admire your wonderful creativity. Check my blog for an award I am sending you.

Hugs, Barb

Lori said...

Cute cards, Chris!

Michele Roos said...

Such gorgeous cards Chris. Love your colouring of the images and details also. Hugs Michele x

Kerri said...

WOW! Both of these are fabulous, Chris! I love the feathery things on the first card, and your paper piecing and flower are just gorgeous on the second. Have a great weekend!

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful cards . Love the little image on the first - and i just adore the second card ,Tha paper piecing of her dress is wonderful and love her necklace
Lisa ;)

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Chris!Fabulous coloring and papers!
Hugs,Connie

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards! I love the 2nd one - the image and color choice are so pretty.

Danni said...

You truly are just amazing! These are just fabulous!!

Deb Neerman said...

{Thunk} WoW! WoW! These are just drop-dead gorgeous, Chris! You've outdone yourself!

Peggy said...

Both cards are beautiful! I can't wait for the new Digi's to come out! Thanks for playing in the Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge.

Maria Matter said...

Hi Chris!
my toes are cold today, though much better then these last few days...you're right too hot too soon!

Your cards are GORGEOUS!!! I really like colors on the first card, such pretty paper with these delightful tweets!

Love the sweet little darling on your happy day card, what a face...just makes me smile!

Hugs & blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Love them both but I am partial to the birds. They crack me up!!!

Grace said...

Oh my goodness how cute are these!!! I love the cute birds of the first one! Adorable image!!! Love the colors and that lace on the second one is killin me!!!! I LOVE it!!! I just have been on a hunt for some pretty lace. Gorgeous Chris, as always! Enjoy your weekend!!! Hugs!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Two adorable cards, Chris! Love the images and the perfect DPs you chose to go with them! Thanks for playing along with us again on the Belli Challenge!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Chris, both of these are wonderful. Love the colors and DPs you used in both! Terrific paper piecing on the second one too. Terrific job on the buttons challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Sue from Oregon said...

Super cute!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Chris
The colours and papers are fabulous, awesome details!!

Karen x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
Two beautifully crafted cards. I love the blues and the image in the first card and the secnd one is just gorgeous. Lovely colour and layering and a sweet image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

cabio's craft corner said...

Chris, you are not just making beautiful creations, but you are such a productive crafter. How can you come up with so much idea within a short period of time?! Your creations are always so inspirational and gorgeously done :o)
Hugs,
cabio

Julie Leblanc said...

This is simply adorable...Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week:-)

Martine said...

These are beautiful sweetie, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Challenge :)

xx
Martine

Caroline said...

what amazing cards, both are beautiful

thanks for taking part over at ps

oh and i love your blog

Tracey said...

These are both incredible!! WOW!!! xx

Rose said...

oh they are both awesome!! So glad you played along with us for our layering challenge on Simple Doodles and on Crafty Creations for our Paper Piecing challenge :)

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours. Cute image and gorgeous flowers.

Glenda

Kristen said...

Chris, your card is SOOOOO cute. Love all your embellishments.Thanks for playing in this weeks going Grey with scrap-creations

Joan Ervin said...

What gorgeous cards, Chris....such lovely colors, images, sewing, and embellies!!!! Thanks for playing with us in the Belli challenge!!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous detail work on this stunning card, Chris!! How fabulous!!

Unknown said...

love both of them, thanks so much for playing along with the SD challenge.
Trish

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.