Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Good morning all!!! And a very happy Tuesday to you. Since today is Tuesday, it is time for another Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!! I just love sketches and I found this one to be a real challenge!!

Before going on to our sketch this week, I would like to share this week sponsor and prize info:

*Our MMSC50 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

Gurlee Girl Craft Store has expanded to include the latest Magnolia Stamps, Prima Flowers, and of course my Gurlee Girl Stamps for your crafting need.Chelsea is giving our MMSC50 weekly bonus winner a $20 voucher for her store. Thank you Chelsea..we love your products and images.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Our April Monthly Sponsor is....
Click HERE to see this fabulous prize worth
well OVER $100

*************
Here is our sketches:



"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)

My take on the sketches:
Today I will be sharing two cards with you using this sketch. One more girly and the other masculine.

This first card is created with one of Chelsea's Gurlee Girl images called Lexi Girl. I used Basic Grey Euphoria paper for my background and for paper piecing her bathing suit. The rest of the image is water colored and popped up on dimensionals. The top beach border uses an EK Success Border punch. The luscious lace and stunning prima flower are from Stamp and Create. Each of the circles are dry embossed with swirls, swiss dots, and Victoria Provo Craft folders.



The second card I would like to share is a masculine card I made for my nephew using the adorable Whimsy Turtle and the Whimsy Circle Postmark sentiment set. I thought since I was fashionably late for his birthday it would be very appropriate to use a SLOW turtle. Isn't he just darling.


I colored my image in with water colors and distressed all the edges on my card. The layout uses today's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge. The dp is Basic Grey Marakech. I added some stitching with some thicker thread to make it more masculine. The colors are inspired by the inspiration at My Grafico Challenge

My Whimsy dt sister, Debbie E. also asked many of us at Whimsy to be guest at today's challenge at Spoon Full of Sugar as well since Whimsy is the sponsor!! What fun!! Today's challenge there was to create a birthday card. This second card is my entry for this challenge. For more inspiration from several of my Whimsy dt sisters for this challenge, please visit: Debbie, Erin, Sue, Ann, Denise, Simonne, Marley and Rowena.
Challenges:
Spoonful of Sugar~Birthday
Creative Card Crew- Happy Birthday
Magical Crafts fortnightly chall.~girly
Crafty Ho's chall~pastels

ABC~S for sparkle
The Creative Cottage~things w/wings
Stamp Something- layers
Cute Card Thursday~touchy feely
Creative Belli - Die Cuts (Spellbinders)
Your Next Stamp - Stitching
Crafty Pad - Stitching
Allsorts - In Stitches
Sweet Stampin - In Stitches
Pennys - Open week
PIO - Is Spring finally here (card 2)
Stamping Vacation Pick 3 - stitching, Dry Embossing and Die Cut machine (card 1)
Scrappy Frogs - Pick 3, die cut, embossing, use lace
(card 1)
Stamp with fun- animals (card 2 turtle)
My Grafico- Color challenge from an inspiration (card 2)
Practical Scrappers- Lace
Little Red Wagon - Dry Embossing

Other Lovelies - Embellishments
Papertake Weekly - Cutie Pie
The Crazy Challenge - Don't Call me Flat
Simple Doodles - Inspire Others

I hope you enjoyed my creations today and that you to are inspired to create something for this challenge!!
Should you create a card or project with this sketch, please leave a direct link here. If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use the keyword MMSC50. For more inspiration for the Midnight Sketch challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
CAROL
CAROLYN
CHARLOTTE
CHRIS
DARSIE
DENISE
JENI
LINDA
MICHELLE
PHYLLIS
PRISCILLA
TRACY


We also welcome two new dt members: Gunn and Jessica!! These girls will truly be an asset to the team and have been consistent players at MMSC! Welcome girls!! Can't wait to see your creations as a dt member!!

Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

Have a blessed day!!

Chris

50 comments:

cheryl said...

morning hun this is one gorjus card i am working on mine at the moment but no way wil it be as brilliant and stunning as yours hun this is just gorjus hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, in every way! I can't imagine a sketch being challenging for you, Chris. I love your "gurlee" card...the papers are perfect for that little girl. The lace qualifies for Practical Scrappers this week!:-)
I'm all over that rose!!!!!!
The little boy card is darling too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sarah said...

Wow Chris your cards are stunning. Thank you for joining in the 'Something for the Girls' challenge at MCFC, hope to see you again soon xxx

Unknown said...

These are adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs! Hugs, Stephanie

Katie said...

2 fabulous cards!
Each with so much to see, I really love the papers on card 2.
Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

Maria Matter said...

oooo, I love your his & her cards today Chris!!!! fabulous paper on both, your designs for this sketch are gorgeous!!!!
You sooo ROCK!!!
big Hugs!
blessings, Maria

Suzanne said...

Oh, I don't know what to say! I love them both! The grunge turtle is just amazing! Thanks for playing along with other-lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

Karin said...

Great card...Thanks for playing at My Grafico!

Sherri said...

Wow.....terrific cards! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh, Chris! You took a rather challenging sketch and made two fabulous cards with it! You're amazing! I love them both and can't decide which I like the best, although that turtle is about as cute as it gets! Awesome work, hun!!
hugs!
Sharon

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are GORGEOUS.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Chris, what BEAUTIFUL cards you have created this week! Love the girlee girl bathing beauty as well as that adorable little turtle. Wow! You sure are talented my friend! Simply lovely!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Becky said...

Chris I just adore how you designed both of these cards. She is a bathing beauty.

Basement Stamper said...

wow, this is a phenomenal card, love what you did with it, the distressing is perfect!

Nannieflash said...

Wow Chris two fabulous and stunning cards, I love them both. With love and hugs Shirleyx

Tina said...

Gorgeous! Look at all those glorious layers!

Danni said...

Cute and fun! Love the border on the first one, I almost bought that punch but didn't know what I'd do with it! LOL!

Unknown said...

oh wow, your cards are amazing!
thanks for playing with MyGrafico

BethieJ said...

I LOVE your cards! They are FANTASTIC!... Fun sketches too!
Thank You for joining us at PIO!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

These sure are gorgeous!
Hugs
Tanya

Carol Hurlock said...

Chris, both your cards are absolutely fabulous. I love the lace and the bling on the Gurlee Girl card. The turtle card is so fun and just makes you smile when you look at that smirk on his face. Great work DT sister!! Just stunning and magnificent!

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Tracy Vinson said...

Great take on this sketch and I am in love with this DP girl!!! Blessings, Tracy

Rose said...

both are fab!! love the images you used :) Thanks for joining us on Simple Doodles

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous cards Chris. Love the papers you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Lori said...

Two wonderful cards, Chris! It is a challenging sketch this week...but you came up with 2 cards, go girl!

raindropecho said...

Chris, these are both oh-so-cute! Look at all those pretty papers, wow! Thanks for reminding me to post my ASFOS card. I thought for some reason it was for tomorrow since Debbie's bday is tomorrow. Have a good day!
- Ann

Faye said...

What amazing cards. Thank you so much for sharing them at Sweet Stampin. x

Fleur said...

2 absolutly stunning cards & both have fab stitching.
Thanks for taking part in my first ALLSORTS challenge
Hugz Fleur xXx

Phyllis said...

Chris, both of your cards are AWESOME!! Love all your colors, embellishments and details on both cards. That little Gurlee Girl is just precious and you have colored her beautifully!!
Outstanding job on both lovely cards!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

The paper reicing is fab and the border punch is just perfect
Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Christine Riley said...

WOW! These are absolutely stunning cards! I love how everything flows together, the papers, colors, embellies. So gorgeous. LOVE that sandcastle edge punch along the top of the first card, that is so neat.
Hugs, Christine

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW Chris these are just way toooo cute!!! Fab designs GF!!! Totally love your take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Carolyn said...

Look at you go on the cards and on the challenges. What awesome talent you have my friend! I do just adore that bubbly Gurlee Girl card that you did. both are fabulous. You never cease to amaze me. Excellent source of inspiration here all the time. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Kerri said...

Both are adorable, Chris!!! That sketch looks very challenging and you rocked it... TWICE!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job on that sketch--it looks like a hard one!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Chris - not one, but two amazing cards using this sketch!!! The first is cute, but it's that turtle that really got me!!! :) (Good grief, I just realised that you sewed in a circle!!! SIGH - I really need to visit you for sewing lessons!)

Jodi said...

Chris, these are just both wonderful cards! I love what you have done on both of them!! The papers you used are so pretty and perfect!!
Love the details you add into each creation!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Priscilla said...

Hi Chris, well both your cards are amazing and both follow the sketch to a "T" as always :) I really love the Gurlee Girl card with that beautiful rose and wonderful lace. Another fave of yours of mine :) Thanks for always rocking the sketches.
Priscilla

Rachel B said...

Both of your cards turned out so fun! I really like the one with the turtle image!

Thanks for joining in at MyGrafico.

Rachel B

Jessica G. said...

Awesome cards, Chris! Beautiful coloring on the first little cutie and those DPs are gorgeous. More awesome shading on the Whimsy turtle and love those DPs, too!!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Your turtle card is just tooo cool! I love it! If that don't make you smile, nothing will!
Your Gurleegirl is adorable and that big rose is just fab!

Mvh
Gunn

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW Chris, two absolutely fabulous cards...love both of them! Your gurlee girl image is colored so beautifully and that beach scene edge is a perfect touch! Love the turtle with all those fabby colors too!
Gorgeous work as always!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Liz said...

Beautiful card love that image and all the circles too stunning work
Thanks for joining MCFC this week
Liz x

Chelsea said...

Wow. Both of your cards are stunning. I've always admire your work, and this is the reason why. So clean, yet full of wonderful details. ~Chelsea

Amy said...

I love both of your cards!! Thanks for playing along with Practical Scrappers.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Chris, Your 2 cards are SUPERB! The Gurlee one has such a dreamy sandy beach feel to it with that special punch with the buckets on the top. The turtles card is equally festive and colorful , wonderful Rockin; job this week, xox ~Jeni

Andrea M said...

Great masculine and feminine take on the sketch. Lovely cards :) Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Chris, sorry its taken me so long to get here. Both of your cards this week are wonderful! I love the little girl in the swim suit. She looks SO ready for some summer fun! :) Michelle

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

sweet cards chris !!! love it all ;-) ! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Unknown said...

love them both!!! thanks so much for playing along with SD.
trish

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.