Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Happy Hump day everyone!! I hope you are all doing well and have had some time to do some crafting!!

Since it is Wednesday today it is time for another Flutter By Wednesday!! This one is a sad one for me, however, since it is my last post as a Flutter By Wednesday team member. I have resigned from the team after being on it for a full year to allow others the opportunity to be on the Flutter By Wednesday team. I have so enjoyed the challenges, our super talented and sweet hostess, Danni, and the friendships I have made with the awesome team!!! You girls are so dear and special to me!! Please know I will still be following you all and playing the challenges when time allows. You will be missed!!



Anywho...here is today's challenge....Create a card or project which is Clean and Simple (CAS) and includes a fairy, butterfly, or angel on your creation.


CAS means so many different things to so many different people ...I made a creation using the a sneak peak set from Our Daily Bread Designs called As You Graduate. I thought it was CAS for me. No sewing, no coloring...but it does have several layers and lots of embossing....



So I said last night at 3 a.m. I should really make another. I used the same As You Graduate Stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs that will be released on May 1. This is CAS cause I was tired and wanted some sleep. I did add some sewing but this card has a lot of white and very little coloring. This to me is CAS. What do you think?


I hope you can join the Flutter By Wednesday Challenge. If you do, please leave a direct link to your creation here. If you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword FBW.
For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Danni , Michelle , Alex, Ann, Brandi, Christine, Debby, Harriet, Jodi, Karen, Kimberly, Kris, Kristie, Lelia, Nancy, Randi, and Shana.

I hope you have a great day!! Thanks for stopping by and for all your warm comments!! I so enjoy reading them!!

blessings,
Chris

38 comments:

Grace said...

Chris these are both gorgeous! You crack me up making this at 3am!!! Love the image as a square! Beautiful colors on both!!! I love the butterfly punch!!! So pretty gf!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

You did an amazing job with that image, Chris! Both are so beautiful, and that black and white one just pops! ;D

Nicki Olsen said...

Wow mom,you did an amazing job!!I love the black and white and teal and the use of that
awesome ODBD stamp!!
Hugs,
Nicki

Nicki Olsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stef H said...

your die cuts ALWAYS look so crisp. what's your secret because mine never do!!!!

these are gorgeous - as always!

hope all else is good!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful cards! We will miss having you on the team! I'll still be fluttering by to visit :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Both are stunning! Love the monochromatic one, and then the blue adds a whole new dimension to the card.
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

Oh my, Chris! These are fantastic! So elegant! Love them!

Lelia Pierce said...

They are both stunning, Chris! I'm so sad to see you leaving the team, but I think it's great to give someone else a chance to play on the team too. You will be missed and I will try to make it over to visit often!

Hugs to a great Friend,
Lelia

Tracey said...

These are both beautiful!! Love them!! xx

Marlene said...

W.O.W. BEAUTIFUL!! These are spectacular! Well done!

Becky said...

These are just stunning. I absolutely love the first one, so dramatic. Was that one done with embossing powder? See that is why I can not get anything done, I looking at every ones work and commenting :) :)

Marley said...

Wow these are absolutly stunning!! xx Marley

Kimberly S said...

So beautiful Chris! We're saure going to miss you on the team, but I'll still be enjoying all of your lovely posts. :)

Danni said...

Sniff, sniff...it is sad!! I really hope you do play along often!! I will be visiting you often too!
Love your cards...so very nice!! Hugs!

Deb said...

beautiful cards, they are just stunning, especially love the black and white one, very elegant! hugs debx

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Chris!Fabulos colors on both!
Hugs,Connie

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

This set of cards is So Contrasting and just Stunning, monochromes, Black and white is really exquisite! To answer your question about the punch it is a newer set of MS punch, corner and edger I found at Michaels :) hugs, ~Jeni

Shirley N said...

Two very stunning cards Chris! Your details are wonderful!!!

Nannieflash said...

Wow Chris they are gorgeous, you could easily enter them into the Cards for Men challenge this fortnight as its all to do with monochrome and anniversary. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Joy said...

pretty cards...love how everyone comes up with their own ideas for a challenge. very interesting to see. I love what you did for both cards. see...3 am is when I do my best work too...it's really late at night or the wee hours of the morning! love it though! congrats on being on a DT for that long. I know that God has bigger and better things in store for you! have a great hump day!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so pretty.

Ann Kranitz said...

Okay.....did you really sew that perfectly at 3am....you rock sistah!!!! I cant sew that well in the afternoon...LOL...Love both cards and I am will miss your weekly FBW creations....and yes we MUST plan to get together real soon.

Nancy said...

Chris, these are both stunning!! The black and white is amazing!! We will miss you so much, but I'll still be hopping by your blog!! Hugs to you!

Jodi said...

These are very pretty cards Chris! I really think you did a fabulous job on your cards! I love how they all turned out and the colors you used are perfect!
Hugs
Jodi =)

cheryl said...

wow these are stunning hun love the black and white,so effective,but both perfectly detailed hugs cheryl xxx

Lacey Stephens said...

These are both fantastic cards! But, wow!! 3am you decided to make another one?! Goodness! I wish I could craft that well at 3am!!
~Lacey

Dawn B. said...

Girl these are amazing.. I LOVE them both.. This is such a wonderful image for a graduate.. The path they go down affects who they become.. Very well done.. Great job.. 3 AM..yikes.

LINDA said...

These are both so beautiful.. As always very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Harriet Skelly said...

Chris these are both lovely!! I love the black and white one in particular!! I will miss you being on the FBW team but I know I will see you in the SCS galleries! Take care my friend!
Hugs, Harriet

cabio's craft corner said...

I don't know how you do it Chris, but you are such a speedy cardmaker. In addition to this, each of those is wonderful work with quality skills. Your black & white card is so elegant and I love the blue on your second card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Karen Wilson said...

These are both so beautiful, Chris. We'll miss you TONS on the team and I'll be stalking your blog as I find your work so inspiring. Keep up the amazing work my friend!!!

Tina said...

Both cards are beauties!

Michelle said...

WOW such beautiful cards!! I'm so going to miss you on the DT at FBW. I'm a follower of your blog though and will be checking in. Hope you find time to play and to keep in touch!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris these both are amazing with their boldness! Beth

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I just LOVE these stamp sets!!! Budgets stink sometimes! LOL Oh well, on my wish list for now! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with them Chris!

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful Cards Chris, you make it like to different images, very clever, I am sure you are going to be greatly missed by FBW friends, take careX:)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.