Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Tuesday everyone!! I hope you all have had a good beginning to your week!! Although it is very rainy here and it kind of makes you feel less energetic, I am so grateful for the needed rain and am just trying to keep ambitious! Sunshine definitely does make you feel like you have more energy though.
Anywho...enough rambling. Since it is Tuesday, it is time for another Midnight Madness Sketch challenge!!!
Brief Sponsor info:
Our MMSC51 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

Prize Details:
Vintage Vanities – Arabella Stamp
Vintage Vanities – Let the Trumpets Sound Stamp
Zva Creative – Fountain Crystals

D' Amour Allure stamps include vintage styles to character art. Please browse the collections at our exclusive retailer, http://www.mcmahonfivedesign.com/
Thank you again Jeni for your wonderful prize :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Our April Monthly Sponsor is....
Click HERE to see this fabulous prize worth $100
(this is your last chance for thi s prize)

This week's sketch


"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)


My take on the sketch:

Today I have two cards to share with you for this sketch.
The first uses an image from

D' Amour Allure called Annabelle. I used Basic Grey Kioshi dp. I had fun coloring her with prisma color pencils and gamsol. The background I dry embossed with swiss dots. The panel behind the image is dry embossed with victoria. I enjoyed adding just a few em bellishments, sewing, a prima flower, lace, and punched borders.



My second creation uses Angelica's Bunny Hugs from Inky Impressions. Isn't she just darling. I water colored her and popped her up on dimensionals. The border on the side of the image uses a pendant die from the Lotus Pendant Spellbinders set. I punched out 8 of these circular dies and placed them behind the image. This SEI Morning Meadow dp is one of my faves!! I just love the aqua!!

Challenges:








Sew Many cards: Anything goes
Creative Belli Challenge- Die Cuts (both creations)
Your Next Stamp - Stitching (card one)
Pennys - Open week
Clearly I Stamp - All Tied Up - Lace & Ribbon (card one and party favor cone)
Crafty Pad- Recycle it (the lace on my top card is just a scrap I had saved)
Spoonful of Sugar- 3d, my images are cut out and paper toled for dimension
The Pink Elephant- aqua
Pile It On - sweet(card 2- isn't the little girl with the bunny so sweet!)
Our Creative Corner - blossoms
Daring Cardmakers - use die cuts
stamp, scrap and doodle...sparkle and shine (card 2 with the sparkly flower and the embossed image)
Stamptacular sundays....sewing and for someone special
Raise the Bar-Favorite colors and hues of that color

Today we bid farewell to our dear and talented Carolyn from the designs team. Carolyn has not only been inspiration in her talent but also in her kindness, strength and commitmentment in the last 12 months I have worked with her on the Midnight Madness Time. No matter what life brings she is there with a smile to cheer you on!! This is not a goodbye from me Carolyn since our friendship goes beyond being dt sisters, but a wishing you well in your future endeavors and the time you will be spending with family. Big hugs Girl!!

If you do decide to create a card or project using the sketch, please leave a direct link here. If you upload your creation to SC please use the keyword MMSC51.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

CAROL
CAROLYN
CHARLOTTE
DARSIE
DENISE
GUNN
JENI
JESSICA
LINDA
MICHELLE
PHYLLIS
PRISCILLA
TRACY

Thanks for stopping by today and for all your warm comments!! May you have a blessed day!

hugs,
Chris

51 comments:

dolcreations said...

Oh Chris...your cards are beautiful. It certainly brings lots of sunshine! I just love your creativity that is for sure! Beautifully done!

Carolyn said...

Thank you for your sweet words Chris! I treasure and feel so blessed by your friendship. I know that we will stay in touch! You are a kind and compassionate friend, and I admire all that you are and all that you do. You are such an inspiration in every way. God Bless You!

Your cards are amazing this week. Each one is gorgeous in its own right. Always so much detail, and I love the feminine touches with your always beautiful punches and the pretty pearl flourishes. You even manage to grace all of your cards with your wonderful stitching that you have such a talent for. Thank you for sharing these works of art with us.

I will be visiting you every chance I can. I get much inspiration from you my dear, sweet friend.

Hugs and Blessings to you always,

Carolyn

Unknown said...

Gosh both are stunning! And bnoth are beautiful colours Yum!

love DAwn xx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Such pretty cards, I am going to have to look at the D'Amour Allure stamps, they are just so pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

Debbie said...

Oooh beautiful cards. Love the recycled lace you have used for our challenge. :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. :)

xxDebbiexx

~Jeri~ said...

WOW! Stunning and amazing Chris!! I'm running out of adjectives lol so I'll just leave you with those!

Nannieflash said...

Oh Chris these two cards are beautiful and stunning to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Holly Young said...

Chris these are both just precious!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Both these cards are amazing! Love your use of ribbon and lace...beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at the CIC this week!!

Helen said...

Chris, you do such amazing work! These cards are gorgeous! You have such a great gift from God! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings!
~H

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Chris! Annabelle is so cute! I love the color scheme you used! So pretty and love the pearls too! Can I add her to the gallery?

Hope you are doing well!
(((HUGS)))
Sue

Marlene said...

Absolutely stunning work! Love both of these. So pretty!

Naoual said...

Stunning cards Chris! Gorgeous colours, colouring & detail as usual! Just stunning.

Big Hugs, Naoual xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Chris,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tina said...

Both cards are so sweet and full of amazing detail.

stampinfrog said...

Both cards are so stunning Chris!Love the papers and all the details on both!
Hugs,Connie

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

WOW! Your blue card is so pretty! How did you find a flower that was such a prefect match to you DP? Both your cards are amazing. All those little details, the pearls and the stitching. Very beautiful!

Mvh
Gunn

raindropecho said...

Wow, Chris, these are beautiful! You always have such fantastic borders and edges. Gorgeous!
- Ann

kim.mom said...

WOWSA!! Love them both!!! Fabulous details - love the bling!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

Xiomara said...

Those card are so precious!! I so love all the details and elements on your cards!
Thank you for joiningus at SMC Challenges.
Hugs,
Margie

Danni said...

Love both of them...the name of the first stamp caught my eye--Annabelle--since that's my daughters name..hehehe!!
Gorgeous work!

Carol Hurlock said...

Both cards are absolutely fabulous Chris. There is always so much inspiration from your wonderful style. Always exquisite, always beautiful.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Joy said...

Chris~ such beautiful cards you made. I love the sketches to follow and your cards are amazing! love the embellishments on all of your cards...they are fabulous and really add to it. I am so grateful to be able to be on the same DT as you and it's an eye opener for me to learn new things! thank you! have a wonderful Tuesday! hugs~ joy

Jessica G. said...

Awesome cards, Chris! The first image with your beautiful coloring reminds me of an Alice in Wonderland; the black and green is SO elegant. The second card is just too sweet, and the color combo is the perfect accent!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Both of these cards are Fabulous Chris! You really make quality cards :) The stitching and colors are gorgeous! I agree with Carol on exquisite! xox ~Jeni

carol said...

oh these look so pretty, thankyou for sharing with sew many cards, x carol

Priscilla said...

Chris you always have so much eye candy on your posts, I never know where to start :)lol I just love the colors you used with Jeni's image and your scalloped edges are so pretty. Wonderful take on this sketch as normal :) Your other card has such a yummy flower I almost what to pick it off your card :)lol Thanks for the inspiration :)
Priscilla

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Chris, both your cards are gorgeous! Love the blue one though as it appeals to my love of pastel colors! Your stitching is always top class and your details always stunning. Your coloring is perfect and those pearls...wow, just gorgeous!
Beautiful creations my friend.
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

cheryl said...

wow hun these once again are stunning so love both image,I have the first one,which as you know i won from you guys,and love them,adore the detail and your stitching always adds such dimension love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Darlene said...

You are AMAZING my friend!! I saw some of your work up close & personal in the Inky Impressions booth at convention this weekend and your work is even more gorgeous in person! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! Great job!

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning cards again Chris, your stitching and attention to detail is always amazing, I do so love Angelica bunny Hugs! Take CareX:)

Grace said...

Oh Chris these are both adorable!!! You reallly rocked the sketch gf!!! I love every little detail!!! Your details sure do make the card... and yours shine my friend!!! Love the stitching, the pearls, the punched/die cut work... everything!!!

Christina C. said...

Beautiful cards Chris!!! Your stitching is also amazing. Stunning work!

Shirley N said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and detailed Chris! So lovely!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

These are both adorable. I like the flourishes of pearls on them.

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! These are both so fabulous, Chris! Just when I think you can't create anything more beautiful than the last, you do! You are quite an inspiration to me, Kiddo! ~Sending hugs!!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Chris these are both absolutely GORGEOUS, Girl I have sooo missed stopping by and visiting you!!! UGH I am trying to do a little commenting tonight before I pass out again...LOVE ya girl, I will try and call tomorrow, you caught me when I was asleep today..thanks for the well wishes and miss you!!!!

~*Joni said...

Chris your aqua card is just soooo adorable! What a wonderful image to use with that perfect color. It matches your blog quite nicely as well. ;) I love all the stitching and flourishes, just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week with your favorite color!

Cheri said...

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Cards Challenges this week.

Kerri said...

Stunning cards, woman!!! I love all the bling, and that flower on the second card is gorgeous!!!

Sandy O said...

WOW, oh WOW, both cards are absolutely stunning.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at Sew Many Cards Challenge

Paula said...

Your cards are simply WOW...love how the stitching adds to both of them...amazing! I'm so glad you were able to join our "sewing" challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - your card is a sheer delight! I love your image and all of the special touches you add that bring your image to life. I love the colours you have used and the bling!! this is gorgeous Chris - as always - you are such an inspiration Chris, not just as a DT sister, but as a friend and in your faith - your light 'SHINES' sistah! {{{hugs}}}

Phyllis said...

Chris ~ This is just a precious card!! Love that image and all the wonderful embellishments that you always use. Love the stitching on your card, I think it adds so much. Super lovely creation!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Kevin Renz said...

Gorgeous card and favor! Love all those punched edges too. Thanks for joining us at Clearly iStamp this past week.

Unknown said...

Absolutley devine!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC

Denise Marzec said...

Wowww, more works of art here. I think my favs are the blue cards....they're just so soft and calming looking.

carlz said...

Wow Chris this is stunning! love the choice of colours! really pretty card thanks for playing at stamptacular this week good luck! hugs carlyann xxx

Adria Slauterbeck said...

these cards are......wow.......yeah.
you just carry the beautiful details to the 'nth degree, dont you???

Breathtaking.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Two wonderful card - always so beautifully done. Love all the layers and great textures on your cards! Wonderful job on the blooming blossoms challenge! So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Julie Leblanc said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at the OCC!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.