Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, April 26, 2010
Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend! I did not do too much in the way of crafting but rather had some quality family time and some time to work out in the yard. Sometimes it is good to take a break from crafting to stay fresh with ideas and some added excitement when you get back into it. In the coming weeks there are going to be some fun new releases, so today it is back to getting busy!!!!

This week the product spotlight at Stamp & Create is Wags ‘n Whiskers. Since it is the product spotlight, it also means it is 25% off!! I created a card using the adorable Bear Hug!! I used some colors I don't normally use to match the Basic Grey Green at Heart Paper and Basic Grey Nook and Pantry. I incorporated the Going Grey With Snap Creations challenge to use three embellishments and use Basic Grey dp.The sketch was from this past Tuesday's 70th sketch at Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.

Stamps: Wags n Whiskers: Bear Hugs , SU Priceless (flourish)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Paper: Basic Grey Green at Heart Paper, Basic Grey Nook and Pantry
Embellishments and tools: Prima trellis roses-Ivory, bear charm, May Arts Ivory Scalloped edge ribbon, Bow Easy

For more inspiration using these gorgeous Wags n Whiskers image, please visit, Joy, Jeanette and Niki.

***********************************

This past weekend Crissy Armstrong posted a new challenge for her Sunday's with Crissy using her digis!! This week's challenge is to use dots!! I love these sweet new digis that Crissy created that Whimsy sells at their store so I just had to play along. I decided to make a birthday party favor using Gift Horse. I colored it with copics.

I used some dp from SEI with dotted flowers and the Swiss dots folder for behind the image. I filled the inside with M&M's.

Challenges:
Sew Many cards: Anything goes
Creative Belli Challenge- Die Cuts (both creations)
Your Next Stamp - Stitching (card one)
Pennys - Open week
Clearly I Stamp - All Tied Up - Lace & Ribbon (card one and party favor cone)
Sunday's with Crissy- dots

Crafty Pad- Recycle it (this SEI paper on my party favor cone was a scrap from my scrap bin)
Going Grey With Snap Creations- basic grey and 3 embellies (card one)
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge (card one)
Creative card crew- birthday (treat cone)
Spoonful of Sugar- Birthday
(treat cone)
The Pink Elephant- aqua (treat cone)
Cupcake craft challenges- don't be square (treat cone)
Crafty Creations- distressing (used distress inks and distress inked edges on card one)
Pile It On - sweet (both)
Our Creative Corner - blossoms (card 1)
Secret Crafter - distress (card 1)
Daring Cardmakers - use die cuts (party favor cone)
Hand Full Of Stamps - use more than 2 patterned papers (card 1)
Stamp Something- Charm It

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! I so enjoy reading your comments and reading your blogs!!

hugs and blessings,
Chris

49 comments:

joy said...

Both of your cards are so cute! Love the party favor! Thank you for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge

~Jeri~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris!!! Your details are stunning in both projects!!! Always a delight and inspiration to see your work!!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How adorable! I can feel the hug from that adorable little girl to that cute teddy. Love the FAB bow on the card too.
Hugs
Tanya

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome creations Chris! Love the colors on the first card and all those beautiful details. That image is also one of my favorite WnW images. Love your Whimsy party favor too! What fun way to use this image! :)

Deb Neerman said...

A fabulous card ... and I LOVE that adorable treat cone! Absolutely wonderful, Chris!

Totally agree with the 'weekend off' ... you won't burn-out if you take some down time. Not that you would ever burn-out ... you have more talent in your fingers than most of us have in our whole bodies, lolol!

Stressed Stamper said...

Love the horse.....make sure you enter my candy over at my blog

Stef H said...

oh i love your stamp & create card. i just love how you incorporate so many different papers!

your treat cone is absolutely adorable!!!

Holly Young said...

Chris, both of your projects are delightful but I love that first one! Your bow is just luscious and perfect!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Girl there is always just so much to look at in your creations!! A complete treat for the eyes. I keep going back and picking out more details LOL

RosesMarijke said...

Both of your cards are soooo beautiful!!

xxMarijke

Unknown said...

Chris,
OMG, I love this big precious bear! So sweet! The ribbon and that rose are the perfect finishing touch for this card!

Love the party favor! Too cuuuuute!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card Chris - love the blend of papers and that stunning cream bow! Beautiful colouring! And I love the treat cone - Crissy's image is so fun!
Hugs, Danielle

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Chris,what beautiful,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

carol said...

ooh wonderful creations, love your detail, Thankyou for sharing with Sew many cards, x carol

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Chris that card and the party favour are fabulous the attention to detail in the first one is amazing the papers, stitching, flower, bow and lastly the image are just wonderful

Hugs
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris it's me again I got so carried away looking at your creations I totally forgot to thank you for joining us at SMC this week...so thank you lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Queen La Rubba said...

Both of your creations are just gorgeous!! Love the 3D effect and that big bow is FAB! Up top! Love the buck'n B-Day Pony! SO super cute! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sew Many Cards Challenge“! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future! I invite you to hop on over and celebrate my DT positions with me by entering in my candy giveaway!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Queen La Rubba said...

Both of your creations are just gorgeous!! Love the 3D effect and that big bow is FAB! Up top! Love the buck'n B-Day Pony! SO super cute! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sew Many Cards Challenge“! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future! I invite you to hop on over and celebrate my DT positions with me by entering in my candy giveaway!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Dawn B. said...

Your projects are wonderful Chris.. I love the Crissy stamp.. She has some great illustrations. What a list of challenges.. You go girl. I am happy to hear you are able to get outside. I agree that taking a break is so helpful.. Hugs..

Peggy said...

Great card! I love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Joy said...

love both your cards. it's fun to see what others come up with and create. I am so not up to par with everyone, but I am trying, lol! have a great week!

Paula said...

Wow Chris what stunning projects. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.

Paula xxxx

Xiomara said...

Your projects are so beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us at SMC Challenges!
Hugs,
Margie

cheryl said...

wow hun what can i say stunning love it hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and very cool project, Chris!

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING, love your work.

kim.mom said...

AWESOME CARD!!! LOVE that party favor!! Too cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Chris! Awesome creations, if I may say so! I love the party favour, the colours pop!
Thanks for playing in my second challenge at Sundays with Crissy!!

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card and a fantastic treat cone Chris!Fabulous papers and coloring!
Hugs,Connie

Dalis said...

totally sweet hun!

Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It On!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Grace said...

Oh Chris... it's10:30 and FINALLY I am sitting down to try to catch up with comments! These are both ADORABLE!!! Oh I love the teddy bear image!!!! I know someone else who would too! I might have to go shopping!:) The party favor is wonderful too! Such a great idea and love the cute image from Chrisy! You always amaze me!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris both the card and the gift container are fantastic! I agree it's great to go outside and enjoy God's amazing art to get our own creative juices going! Have a wonderful day! Beth

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute projects! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Kristen said...

Great projects chris. Thanks for playing with Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

LINDA said...

Two very beautiful creations.. as always very beautiful work..
Hugs, Linda

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous creations! Love that big bow & flower on the first :) TFS

Becky said...

How gorgeous are these.. Love the card, always gorgeous with so much details, and the second one with the horse is just adorable.

cabio's craft corner said...

You will never disappoint anyone with your gorgeous creations Chris. Every time when visiting your blog, you always treat our eyes with all your project candies :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Michele Kovack said...

The card is gorgeous! Love all of the layers! Love the adorable cone too!

Jodi said...

Cute card you made! I love the paper and layout you used for it! The cone is cute as is the horse! It's an adorable image that you colored so pretty!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Georgia said...

Wow! Wonderful projects!!! Thanks for playing at CCC.

Anonymous said...

Your card is amazing. I love everything about it.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your treat cone is absolutely delicious ! Smiles from Catherine

Cheri said...

Great cards. Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Cards Challenges this week.

Donna said...

Gorgeous little treat holder! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x

tanjaak said...

Cute card and project! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
hugs,Tanja

Kevin Renz said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us for our Clearly Inspired Challenges.

Julie Leblanc said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at the OCC!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a darling treat cone and amazing card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.