Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, April 4, 2010
Happy Easter Everyone!!! I am so excited to have been asked to become a part of the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge!! What better time to begin this challenge than on Easter, Right?!!!!!

Today's challenge is hosted by the dear and inspiring Kathy Winters!! The verse she has chosen for this week is so appropriate for today!! It is John 3:16: "For God so loved the world , that he gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life." Isn't that what Easter is all about? What greater love did He have then to lay down His life for us!! What a comfort!! This is not only appropriate for Easter but it is very comforting as well.

Some dear friends of ours lost their 16 year old suddenly a couple of days ago and the cause is still yet unknown. As my dear friend said to me. How does some one who lacks this faith survive such a tragedy. I am having such a hard time but atleast I have the faith to know my son is in a better place and that I will see him again. How true. What a comfort!! What love!!

Kathy's challenge this week is: Somewhere on your card or project have the word "Love" or something that symbolizes Love to you.

The sponsor this week is Inktegrity... "digital images that embrace the goodness in life" created by Joni Wilson who is well known and loved in the crafting world. The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to spend at Inktegrity! Thank you Joni!!!


Here is my take on this challenge:

For my creation I used the Labels 9, flourish accents, lattice border and cross spellbinders as well as the Flourished Christian Symbols and Love stamp sets from Our Daily Bread Designs. The dp is from Bella Bleu at SU. I added some gold bauble, Zva Creative Pearls and made a border with the MS Flower Border punch.

Thanks for stopping by...For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:
Candace , Grace , Kathy, Kristine , Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi

If you should create a card or project for this challenge, please leave a direct link here. Should you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword SSIC33.

Have a blessed Easter!!

Oh... tomorrow is the last day to sign up for my blog candy....this is my way of saying thank you to my followers and blogging friends. If you are a follower and have not yet signed up, click here.

blessings,
Chris

23 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
This is a beautiful card and as you say so appropriate for this time.
I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss. I shal be praying for her and her family at this sad time. There is a verse of a hymn that always comes to mind at times like this:

"We expect a bright tomorrow
All will be well
Faith can sing through days of sorrow
All all is well
We are on His love relying
Jesus every need supplying
If in living or in dying
All must be well"

Hugs,
Fiona x

Mummylade said...

Such a magnificent card. You truly deserve that designer spot.

Becky said...

Congratulations Chris; and to begin on Easter Sunday Morning is a double blessing. :)
This card is just fabulous, your stitching is always perfect and what better way to express love-at the cross.
Happy Easter

cheryl said...

wow stunning creation hun and you really deserve the DT spot as you are one brilliant crafter hugs cheryl xxx

Karen W said...

Chris this is exquisite, just truly stunning! I love all the layers and colors, so pretty. Congrats on the DT spot and hugs to your friend for their loss.

Grace said...

Beautifully done my sister and I'm so glad to be linking arms with you once again on another DT... and one so specially centered on God's Word! Happy Easter and I love your new blog digs too!!! I told you once you did it you'd be changing it all the time!!!! Next thing you know you'll be making your own bg!!! Hugs!!!

Marit said...

What a beautiful card!

If you want your blog to stop jumping, just take awaye the snow.....

Marit

Tina said...

Chris, this is amazing!

Carol Hurlock said...

Chris-Happy Easter! What an amazing card so appropriate for today. It is beautiful.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Anneke klerks said...

beautiful card!!!!!!!!!!

anneke

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss, your loss as well. Your card is simply beautiful! The blue and gold look great.

Merethe said...

What a beautiful card...

Naoual said...

This card is gorgeous sweetie, and I'm so sorry for your friends loss.

Congrats on your new DT job, you deserve it!

Hugs, Naoual xx

Helen said...

This is so beautiful!
Blessings!
~H

Maria Matter said...

so so lovely Chris!!! a very comforting verse indeed!
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Blessings, Maria

oh, big CONGRATS on your DT, how exciting!!!
HUGS!!!

Christi said...

Oh, wow! Your card is gorgeous! I love it! Congratulations on becoming a DT member for Stampin' Sisters in Christ! I am so sorry for your friend's loss.

Marley said...

sooo beautifull chris..!! Love the colours and the bow is awesome! xxx Marley

maddy hill said...

What a beautiful card with beautiful layers !

how tragic to lose a loved one so very suddenly ... i lost my dear dad in november and totally broke down during carol service ... i was very much comforted though.

Have a lovely easter x
hugs
maddyx

Debbi said...

Chris, your card is so beautiful! And what a perfect verse to choose for the Easter challenge at SSIC.
I am so sorry about your friend's son. I will be praying for God's healing for them. What a blessing that he knew (and is with!) God!!
*prayers*
debbi

Kathy W. said...

I love this card. So elegant and beautiful. Welcome to the SSCC DT Chris, it's going to be a great next few months:)

Sue McMahon said...

Congrats, Chris! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris, I love how you added the flourishes to the labels die. It adds so much details. I am so happy that you are on the mend and on the SSCC team.

peggysue said...

This is so beautiful! What gorgeous colors and what a perfect image to bring home the message of God's ultimate love for us! So thrilled to have you as a DT member! Welcome!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.