Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010





Happy Hump Day Everyone!! It is Wednesday and time for another Flutter By Wednesday challenge!! For today's FBW challenge it is open for you to do whatever you want. We just ask that you use a butterfly, fairy or angel. Check out the details on the FBW Blog.

I was challenged by a dear friend to make a layout...I have never done one before! I enjoy pictures and paper crafting but just never tried one. It was a little comfort zone but I did it!! Woo hoo!! I had some sweet pictures from Easter of my girls so I made a layout to frame it.
I used Anna Griffin Paper (Isabelle) and a digi from Greeting farm called Chibi Lolli. The gorgeous glittery Prima butterfly I got from Stamp and Create here. The Easter sentiment is from ODBD Easter Blessings set which I framed in the Fancy Tags die from spellbinders. I then added some stitching and pearl flourishes from ZVA Creative and wa-la done!!

I made this card for yesterday's CC266 Blushing Coral Rubies using an Inky Impressions Image - Nikki's Birdie and some retired SU paper (unsure of the name). The layout uses the Die Cuts r Us Sketch for this week. The Lace trim is from Joanne's and the lace is from Wright. I water colored my image with SU markers (ruby red, crushed curry, blush blossom, and cameo coral- all of which are retiring this year- boo hoo!!)


other challenges:
Stamp scrap doodle - Birthday
Simon says Stamp: movies and dry embossing (Cinderella)
Sew Many Cards Challenge- Lets see some stitching
Stamp Something- stitching

Raise The Bar #13 "Let's Spring For It"
My Time To Craft - pretty pearls
The Corrosive Challenge - Texture
Crafty Angels - My Favorite Things

Practical scrappers- glitter and bling (my layout)
Papertake Weekly- cutie pie
Creative Card Crew: Happy Birthday
Abc challenge- S is for Sparkle (both creations have glitter)
Pink Elephant challenge - 1 image, 2 die cuts and 3 fave embellishments ( I used it on my card which included 1 image, 2 oval die cuts, and pearls, lace and ribbon)
Pollycraft Monday Challenge- pink and brown plus yellow or green (my layout with pink, dark brown, and green
Cupcake Craft Challenge- Childhood memories- both bring memories- nursing a hurt bird as a child and dressing up for Easter


I hope my creations inspire you to create!! If you do create a card or project with a butterfly, angel or fairy please leave a direct link here. For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters. Their links are on my sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!!

56 comments:

Grace said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Chris!!! Love this sweet page of your adorable kids and love the sweet image on the second too!!! Love all the sparkle, sewing, bling.... everything! You always wow me gf!!!

Unknown said...

I love coming and seeing your card- there are always so many things to see and so many techniques that are really beautiful! Of course, the sewing has to be my favorite-not too many people add such a wonderful texture to their cards and you do it perfectly!

Angela
SewManyCards

Country Mouse said...

Adorable card!! Love that butterfly! Your girls are beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!!!

dolcreations said...

Chris your layout it stunning of your girls. I love the girls in their Easter dresses! Using one of your images on your layout is a wonderful idea. You card is beautiful too. I love the stitch you used on the card with the sewing machine...and that flower ribbon across the bottom...adorable!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Goodness, I don't know which one to praise first! LOL Both are stunning creations! I love the soft colors on the second one.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, I love your scrapbook page its beautiful and your card is stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your creations are so lovely ! Smiles from Catherine

Darlene said...

OUTSTANDING!!! Your work is always GORGEOUS, whether it is a 3d project, a card or now a layout! You are amazing girlfriend!!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!!
(p.s. Miss you!)

~Jeri~ said...

WOW! Just beautiful!!! Wonderful work and detail!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!

Jodi Collins said...

These are FABULOUS Chris! I LOVE your layout!!! That is something that I am afraid to do!!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Your layout is just so pretty! I adore the picture, and the darling image you added matches perfectly.
Hugs
Tanya

LINDA said...

These are simply GORGEOUS!!! And your girls are just Beautiful..
Hugs, Linda

Kimberly S said...

Such gorgeous cards Chris, WOW! You are so wonderfully talented, I'm amazed every time I stop by your blog. :)

Marlene said...

WOW. I'm stunned. Really. Your layout is FANTASTIC. I can't believe that pushed you out of your comfort zone! You're a freaking natural!!! It's positively GORGEOUS!!!! Your card is adorable, too! I am so impressed. Really. Not one word of sarcasm, either. I'm just like wow. Ok, I'll shut up now.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh Chris these are just beautiful! Kim

kris said...

Gorgeous creations Chris!! i absolutely LOVE that butterfly on your scrap page!! Wonderful work to see... =D

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, gorgeous layout and that butterfly is just amazing.

Gorgeous card too and I love the image you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

Sue said...

Hi Chris
two beautiful cards, your scrapbook lo is gorgeous, luv all the detail, very pretty, never have guessed its your first go,sue.x

bettyboop said...

Great work Chris, love the stitching on the card, gives a lovely effect. Thanks for playing over on Crafty Angels.
Marie.

Jill said...

wow Chris I love your scrapbook layout those papers are gorgeous and I love the butterfly. You card is stunning and the stitching looks great thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Holly Young said...

That picture of your girls is incredibly sweet and I love the layout you did with it! You should step out of your comfort zone more often Chris! Very cute card too - love the lace!

Lelia Pierce said...

These are both stunning creations! The layout is beautiful...and that butterfly? WOW!

Hugs,
Lelia

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris~

What a great layout with your girls! It is fabulous! They look so wonderful! I would love a dress and hat like that! If I couldn't have that, I would sure love that awesome butterfly! It is great! The pearls add so much to this card. You always make phenomenal cards! You did it again! WOW!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Michele Roos said...

WOW Chris your layout is just stunning. Love the gorgeous details and such a gorgeous photo of your girls. Hugs Michele x

Chrissie said...

Beautiful layout and lovely card Chris... super photo too... enhanced by those pretty pearls!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MTTC this week!!
Chrissie

Debby said...

OMGosh this is flippin Gorgeous! Your card card is beautiful too but wowza, the layout SHOUTS!

Jodi said...

Chris! You did a fabulous job on the scrap page even if it was the first time for you!! Your work is always a pleasure to see and I love the pretty photo of the girls too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Harriet Skelly said...

Chris - you did an awesome job with the page layout - your daughters are so pretty - just like their mama! The page is gorgeous!

Lori said...

Super page! You have done an amazing job for your first one. Your card is adorable. I love the daisy chain, lace!

Joy said...

such a wonderful LO. love the DP and the embellishments you used! fabulous! the card is sweet too. happy hump day!

Linda said...

Oh....So Sweet! I love them.

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous layout, Chris!!! I LOVE that butterfly!!

Your card is so precious, soft and sweet :)

Francie G. said...

My goodness, Chris, these are both fabulous! The layout with your sweet girls is just beautiful! That card is precious! Your coloring and details are amazing! I'm always impressed with the sewing!

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful layout and beautiful photo of your pretty girls! Love your stitching on both creations as neat as ever, the butterfly is gorgeous, take careX:)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so sweet, Chris! The soft colors are wonderful and your stitching is always perfect.

Jen said...

Lovely projects, I especially like t he scrap page with that stunning butterfly!
Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Angelwood said...

Love this image, Chris. Beautiful card layout and she is colored beautifully!

Love your scrapbook layout too! Aren't your girls just the loveliest! :0) What a beautiful butterfly embellishment and adorable stamp! hugs, Angela

Chris (catt871) said...

This card is beautiful!!! I love the soft pinks and that image is perfect for Cinderella!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
Chris & the DT

Maria Matter said...

omgoodness your LO is gorgeous as are your sweet girls!!! love the butterfly and little lolli!
Adorable card too, I haven't played along on SCS forever!!! When I first started crafting, I participated in all the SCS challenges, getting up early in the morning and getting a card done & posted. Then I didn't think about carding until the next morning! lol oh, those days are so gone! This DT stuff keeps ya busy from sun up to sun down at times. lol
take care hun
blessings, Maria

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This card is really neat! Great idea using scallops and rickrack together for the border details - you created the perfect amount of interest.

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

-Sarah

Shirl said...

Beautiful card and love the water colouring. Stitching detail is stunning. The LO of your girls is very very sweet.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels and good luck with the top 3.
Hugs Shirley x x x

Anita said...

So cute, thanks for stitching along with us at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You've done an amazing job! I love your creations!!!

Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

kim.mom said...

WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Love both of your projects but that LO is so SUPER SWEET!!! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!!

Amanda said...

Your card is too cute!! I just love how girlie it is and your stamp is adorable.. Thanks for joining at SSDS this week..

Amanda :0)

Victoria said...

pretty card

thank you for joining us on abc S is for Sparkle challenge this week x

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card, fab cute image and colours and I love the layout its gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Victoria said...

love your layout Chris and your card too. Sweet memory to accompany it


Thanks for joining in at Cupcake and Creative Card Crew

Hugs
Victoria
x

Angela said...

This is really beautiful; your coloring is fabulous also! Thanks for playing along with us on The Corrosive Challenge Blog!

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh wow!! Chris, your layout is gorgeous! I can't believe you never did one before! And your girls looks so sweat in their Easter clothes!! I love the butterfly :-)
~Lacey

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at SMC

merniebug said...

Simply lovely. The design is so pretty and the color so yummy.

Cheri said...

Cute layout and lovely card. Thanks for joining SMC's challenges.

Danni said...

What a gorgeous layout and a beautiful card!! Love them both!

Paula said...

Oh wow what a beautiful card the image is adorable and your scrapbook page is fantastic.Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Anonymous said...

fantastic layout and an adorable picture of yours girls, Lovely card too, Thanks for joining us on the ABC Challenge this time, Samantha :0)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.