Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, April 18, 2010
Happy Sunday Everyone!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Although it has been quite chilly and cloudy here, it has been going well.

Since today is Sunday, I have a new challenge for you from Stampin Sisters in Christ which is hosted by my sweet dt sister: Candace.

Candace chose the verse: Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever." How true this is...as we go into spring with all the pretty flowers and the green grass, we are reminded that this is temporary for Spring and Summer but when winter comes, they are gone. God's presence and Word is here each and every day and in every circumstance, joy and sorrow. What hope we have in Him!! When others are not there, He is!!
The challenge to accompany this verse this week is: Use flowers on your card or project.

This week's Sponsor is Michelle Perkett. Michelle has so many awesome and fun digitals, check out the Stampin Sister in Christ Challenge for this week's Sponsor prize.

Here is my take on this week's challenge using Lauren Meader's Shutterfly box template, Sing to the Lord image from ODBD, and Friendship from Our Daily Bread Designs. The background is embossed in Victoria and Swiss dots Provo Craft folders. My image was water colored.

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:
Candace , Grace , Kathy, Kristine , Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi

If you should create a card or project for this challenge, please leave a direct link here. Should you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword SSIC35.


**********************
Card Drive:


This week my Stampin Sister in Christ dt sister, Kristine, learned of a Christian Kindergarten teacher who was in a terrible car accident. She taught her oldest daughter a few years ago. Her name is Cathy Downing.

By the looks of her car afterwards here, it's a miracle that she is alive! Angels were definitely watching over her -- God must still have a plan for her here. *Ü* Her family has set up a page at Caring Bridges network to post updates on how Cathy's doing.


Card Drive

Of course prayers are always appreciated!! But Kristine would love to hold a card drive too. She knows that there are so many caring stampers out there who's beautifully hand-made card can bless someone's life in such a positive way and so we are passing that opportunity on to all of YOU!

If you'd like to send Cathy a card, please email Kristine, to get her address. She will leave it open for the next few weeks and then she and her daughters will pass them on to Miss Cathy. We would greatly appreciate any cards that can be shared to send on to Miss Cathy to encourage her.


Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!! Have a blessed Sunday.

32 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Chris

your gift box is super gorgeous, your attention to detail is just amazing.

Joey.x

Sarah said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous, love the colours and the image is beautiful x

Lovely Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris, what a gorgeous project, I love that image and the gorgeous way you have framed it! You have used such pretty DP too Chris - your eye for detail is fabulous! What a truth - our Hope is in Him!! Thanks for sharing! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Chris another gorgeous creation I just get lost for words when I see your work it is just so.....beautiful...words never seem enough to describe how I feel.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Chris,
Your gift box is beautiful. I love that color combo, your image is darling. The bling is a perfect finishing touch. Just beautiful, as always.

This teacher will be in my prayers. I saw the photo of the car. Angels protected her for sure.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Holly Young said...

This is just gorgeous Chris! I love the color combination and the pearls are really nice too! Just beautiful!

Grace said...

Oh Chris this box is so beautiful!!! LOVE this bird and the pretty colors! Soft and pretty! Thanks for adding the card drive to the post... Have a great day! Hugs!

Maria Matter said...

what a wonderful word for today in these troubled times...God is ALWAYS there for us! PTL!!!

Gorgeous box Chris! I love everything about it especially your added pearls & gems...just stunning!!!
HOpe your enjoying your weekend!
Hugs & blessings, Maria

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just beautiful. I love the little pops of blue.

I saw the picture of that car, she will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Chris, this stamp set is one of my favorite ODBD stamps and you did such a beautiful job making it come to life. This little box would be such a great gift for a someone special.

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful Chris,I love the papers and colours and that image is just gorgeous!!!

OMG I saw the picture of the car and yes she must have had someone watching over her. My thoughts are with Cathy and I hope she makes a full recovery.
Hugs xx

Candace said...

Chris, I LOVE what you did for the challenge...absolutely gorgeous! Have a great week! :)

Kathy W. said...

Great box Chris!! Love the colors and the dp is lovely. Have a great week!!

cheryl said...

oh hun another gorjus creation oh would love to see you in person and watch you craft bet its a real privalge,hugs cheryl xxxx

♥...Mo...♥ said...

What a wonderful project
I'm always impressed

Crystal said...

WOWZA Chris, how do you do it girl???? Every post of yours is totally AMAZING!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and I miss you girl.....Maybe we can catch up tomorrow!!! Hugs!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

A truly beautiful box, Chris! And I completely agree with your thoughts on the scripture.

I'm so glad you're all feeling better. And by the way, I love the new springy look of your blog!

Hugs,
Lisa

Lori said...

Beautiful bird! Great job on this challenge with this box.

peggysue said...

That is a beautiful box! I love the colors and the whole focal image . . . and that touch of stitching, wonderful!

Shawne said...

That box is beautiful, and the verse of inspiration is too. What a beautiful gift to give!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous creation Chris, beautiful colouring and such wonderful detail, take careX:)

Danni said...

So gorgeous Chris!! Fabulous job!

Angelwood said...

Hi Chris! This is another gorgeous creation! Who wouldn't want to receive a gift so beautifully decorated. Beautiful work! hugs, Angela

Risa said...

Hello Chris,
Your decorated box is beautiful in every way! I love everything about it!
hugs
Risa:)

1CardCreator said...

Wow, what a neat idea. Love the bright colors on the bling and the bird is awesome. Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, that box is stunning, and so beautifully coloured. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful treat box! I love the stitched tag and the gems around the image. Gorgeous work!

Tina said...

So elegant and beautiful!

Jodi said...

A very beautiful box you have made Chris! I love all of your awesome details and this beautifully colored bird!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chris said...

Lovely passage and I love your box to go with it...that bird is glorious!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so beautiful! Gorgeous colors too!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.