Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, April 25, 2010
Happy Sunday Everyone!! I hope you are all having a great weekend!! It was nice today as I was typing this (this is scheduled on Sat.) but today, Sunday it is suppose to be rainy. I am very thankful, however, since we really need the rain here. It is so dry!! We are suppose to have a church picnic after church which will be a rainy affair but oh well.....

Anywho.... today I have a Stampin Sister's in Christ challenge to share with you. This week's hostess is the ever so sweet and talented Randi.
Randi has chosen the verse: Ex. 20:12 Honor your father and your Mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you.

I count myself blessed to still have both my parents here to show respect and learn from. I have lost my mother in law but her testimony and faith live on. Each and every one of us who have Christian parents are so blessed to have our parents to guide us even as adults. Soon it will be Mother's Day so this is an appropriate time to thank God for our Mothers. They have a special place in our hearts and lives.

Randi's Challenge is: Make a Mother's Day Card or project for your Mom or someone special you would like to honor this Mother's Day.

Here is my take on the challenge:
For my card I used the Happy Mother's Day set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I tried to give it a touch of elegance with my sewing and embellishing.

Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs: Happy Mother's Day
Paper: SEI Claire, cs
Embellishments and tools: Spellbinders Lattice Borders, Spellbinders Lotus, pink satin ribbon, silver baubles, pink ZVA creative pearls, cameo roses, Belle Arts Novelty prima roses

Challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge 11 - make a Mother's Day card
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge - lots of flowers
Our Creative Corner - use blooming blossoms on your card
Shirley's 2 Girls: Spring with a twist- flowers
Sew Many cards: Anything goes
Creative Belli Challenge- Die Cuts
Your Next Stamp - Stitching
Pennys - Open week
Practical Scrappers- ribbons, floss, fibers

Sentimental Sundays - use a sentiment and flowers on your creation
Paper Cutz Challenge - Mother's Day
Clearly I Stamp - All Tied Up - Lace & Ribbon
Alota - Mother's Day
DCRU - Earth day - Flowers

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters: Candace , Grace , Kathy, Kristine , Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi

If you should create a card or project for this challenge, please leave a direct link here. Should you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword SSIC36.


Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments! Have a blessed day!!

hugs,
Chris



56 comments:

Swaantje said...

Your card is wonderful..
Fantastic colours and great details
Have a nice sunday
Hugs
Swaani

Nannieflash said...

Wow Chris your mum is going to love that beautiful and absolutely stunning card of yours. The design and flowers are beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

~Jeri~ said...

WOW Chris! This is absolutely beautiful!! The detail that you put into your creations is exquisite!!! What an inspiration you are!!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!!!

Grace said...

Wow Chris! This is gorgeous!!! I love love love those flowers!!! Love the lotus pendant and the gorgeous colors!!! Great take on the Mother's Day challenge!!!

Cassie said...

Very stunning card, Chris. You were very blessed to have 2 Christian parents ;)

Tracy said...

This is so pretty and I love the flowers and pearls.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Elegance it is. So very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love how you used the nestabilities and that flower is gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine

Sandy O said...

WOW, this is perfect...ummm...yeah...that is the word, perfect!

Thank you sew much for sharing your card with us at this weeks Sew Many Cards challenge.

KanataNewf said...

This is just gorgeous - I think I'll be CASEing your card for at least one of my mother's day cards this year!

Kristine said...

G'morning Chris! Your card is GORGEOUS!! I love that color and all your bling is wonderful. Hope you have a fun time at your church picni...rainy or not! *Ü* ((hugs))

stampinfrog said...

Chris your card is beautiful!Love the flowers and the pearls!
Hope you have fun at your church's picnic!
Hugs,Connie

carol said...

what a beautiful card, love the punch detail,thanks for joining in with Sew Many cards, x carol

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Chris, this is such a beautiful Mother's Day card!! TFS!

Tammy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Chris!! I love that lattice border!! The colors and sewing are so beautiful!! Stunning creation!
Hugs, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is a beautiful card!! I love that SB Lotus die as it creates such a focal!!! It works so well with the lattice border. Your colors are so yummy! OK, I think it is just stunning! Have a great week, GF.

Lori said...

Love all of the "lattice" looks on your card! Reminds me of my mom. The colors are so pretty...

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Your rose is fabby and I love the pink pearls!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Ann Kranitz said...

This is so lovely Chris!!! Those roses are amazing!!! Hope all is well.

Queen La Rubba said...

Chris ~ So gorgeous! What a FAB Mom Day card! I love the color! Great DP! It all just works so well together!
Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sew Many Cards Challenge“! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future!
I invite you to hop on over and celebrate my DT positions with me by entering in my candy giveaway! Ends May 17th!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sasya said...

Ohh, this is just GORGEOUS!!! Love your card, love the color combo and the bow and these flowers!! Perfect!!
Thank you so much for joining us at Practical Scrappers~!
Sasya

Kathy W. said...

Gorgeous card Chris!! Love the layout and dp. The rose is very pretty. Have a great week.

peggysue said...

This is beautiful and it definitely has that touch of elegance from the nestability outlines to the roses to the stitching and paper choices. Lovely! And those who have godly Christian parents who guided them when they were younger are truly blessed.

Xiomara said...

I love the sentiment on your card and the colors! Everything on your card create a balance that is really beautiful!
Thank you for playing with us this week at SMC Challenges!
Hugs,
Margie

cheryl said...

wow this is just fantastic hun the layout and detail supurb hugs cheryl xxxxx

Denise Marzec said...

Stunning card! Always such beautiful details, Chris. Love everything you do!

kim.mom said...

FABULOUS!!!! Love all the details you added!!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

pbo said...

One word -- Gorgeous!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Chris! The colors, the stitching, the bow. Everything is just wonderful.

Jeannie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

~*Joni said...

Chris your cards are always so amazing! Just when I thought I didn't need any more spellbinders, you come out with the most amazing projects using them. ;) Love the challenge over at SSCC - your card pays wonderful homage to moms everywhere!
Thank you for joining us at DCRU this week!
~*Joni DCRU DT

Candace said...

Chris, this is sooo gorgeous!! Love it all! I hope you have a great week! :)

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Beautiful card. The lotus die cut looks so pretty with that gorgeous DP. Thank you for sharing this with the DCRU group.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@DCRU

raindropecho said...

OOoh another pretty card! They just get better and better :) Thanks for entering this into Sentimental Sundays, Chris!
- Ann

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Chris!! This is so beautiful!!!! Love the colours and those beautiful flowers and the way you've framed your sentiment is just stunning!!! :)

Marlene said...

This is gorgeous! I think I need that Spellbinders "Lotus" die. Wowza.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Chris, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!!! The colors and design are spectacular! That rose is amazing!

Thanks so much for the prayers, my friend. It means so much!

Hugs,
Lisa

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning card and the color scheme is perfect!

Tina said...

So gorgeous!

Tricia T said...

What a beautiful card! It will definitely be treasured. Thanks for joining us for the Clearly Inspired Challenge!

Helen Dooley said...

What a beautiful card Chris! Thanks for playing along this week at PCC.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Chris this is yet another stunning creation just so beautiful thank you so much for sharing this with us at SMC
Hugs
Lorraine x

Helen said...

So beautiful! Those flowers are awesome & I love your colors!
Blessings!
~H

Anita said...

So cute, thanks for playing with us this week at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs, Anita

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful die cute you used, Chris, and I just love allt he pearl flourishes!!! The is one gorgeous Mother's Day card!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge again!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Belli this week! Hope you will join us again!

Liz Williams said...

Nothing could be more gorgeous, Chris. Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge. I've loved all your cards.

Kelley said...

You succeeded as it is very elegant and lovely!! Such a pretty card!!

Ann English said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Shirleys2Girls for Twisted Thursday!

Lisa said...

Love the detail!! Thank you for playing with Shirleys2Girls!

Unknown said...

OMG your creation is gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along at SMC

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris - this is just a beautiful card for Mother's Day - your work just keeps on amazing me - I would love a day in our head my friend! Love the bling and that gorgeous BOW!! Those flowers look like they have been picked from the garden, this is delightful Chris - thank you for sharing and being 'You! God belss you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Kevin Renz said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Thanks again for visiting us at Clearly iStamp.

Cat said...

OMGosh! What a beautiful card! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive it on Mother's Day! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Helene said...

Nice card Thanks for entering the Alota Rubber Stamps Mother's Day challenge

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.