Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, April 8, 2010
Happy Thursday!! Today I have more to share with you. This is a card I created for today's Stamping In Time Challenge for Our Daily Bread Designs.

The Assignment: Any and ALL ODBD stamps! WooHoo!

The challenge: The challenge this week is brought to you by our challenge host, Randi Barrett. Randi is challenging us to tearing or faux tearing . You can create wonderful layered torn looks, framing, or create a faux torn look on your cards. We would love to see what you create using your ODBD stamps with this challenge!

Here is my take on the challenge using Happy Father's Day (image) and Dad (verse). The dp is Basic Grey Marakech. I did lots of distressing and used some real thick thread for my sewing. One of the panels is embossed with A Sizzix diamond template. It was done a few times to give it a more worn look. The layout is the same sketch that I used for the card above (SC275 from Splitcoast).

This card also meets the challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts which is to make a masculine card and include a Bible verse and A Spoon full of Sugar which is to create one for the boys.



Card recipe:
stamps: Happy Father's Day (image) and Dad (verse)
Paper: Basic Grey Marakech

For more inspiration for the Stamping in Time Challenge, please visit some of my dt sisters:
Randi, Betty, Angie, and Debi.


We hope you can join the fun!! If you do create a card or project with tearing and an ODBD stamp, please leave a direct link here. If you upload your creation to Splitcoast, please use the keyword SNTODBD7. This challenge will end in two weeks.

Have a blessed day!

Chris

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Chris! The paper is the perfect choice for a mans card and I love the image! The sewing & twine add just the right finishing touches to the card! Have a great day!
Hugs, Danielle

Dawn said...

fab guy card Chris...love the twine

Grace said...

Beautifully done Chris! This was a perfect sketch for this set! Love the rich masculine tones and the sewing.... perfect!!!

stampinfrog said...

Fantastic masculine card!Great papers and image!Love the twine!
Hugs,Connie

Anonymous said...

Only 4 comments so far, heehee, by the time I get here there are at least 54. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure it was a challenge to not use pearls, bows and everything nice you do but I still love the Chris look! BTW, I love your new BG pretty, pretty.

Debi said...

Chris this is fabulous. I always love your attention to detail and there are so many wonderfully done details!

Jodi said...

I am just loving this card! Very perfect for Father's Day!! Great colors and papers Chris!!
The days are going by so fast I have yet to make a Mother's Day card too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lori said...

The thick thread does give a different look and I really like it! This is a great fathers day card. I n-e-e-d this set for my dad-in-law, who is a contractor, carpenter, custom cabinet maker, ha!

Danni said...

This is fabulous...I struggle with masculine cards but wow, you don't as this is just awesome!

Caroljenks said...

Another fab card - I love the 'chunkyness' of the matted pieces (IYKWIM!)

Carol x

Betty Wright said...

Chris this is fantastic! Great colors and I love the real sewing. Great distressing and twine accenting! Wonderful scripture card!

Rufus said...

Love the colors and papers. Great image!
R/

Karen W said...

Chris this is just a wonderful masculine card, I really like this set also and will use it over and over. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love this! It's so hard to make a man card but you pulled it off perfectly!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.