Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, September 28, 2009
Happy Monday to you all!!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I know I did! I had guests over the weekend. I was spoiled rotten. My parents came for a visit to celebrate my birthday early with me. They brought me lots of goodies including 2 bushels of apples to make applesauce and apple pie fillings with (I am going to be real busy!!!). They took me out for dinner.....

Over the weekend, I received my new sets for Our Daily Bread Designs so as soon as my guest left, I just had to get them inked up!!!! When I saw that Nancy Ruth was the featured stamper at SC, I just had to do this week's featured stamper challenge. Congrats Nancy Ruth on being this week's Featured Stamper!!! Your gallery is incredible and I have always admired your designs.

I cased this card . I changed the stamps, sentiment and added one extra panel to her layout but kept the basic layout (with the extra panel, this card meets Mercy's MTSC40 . I wanted to do up my card in pink like Nancy Ruth's but I just couldn't get it to look right with my cat tails and dragonfly so I had to change the color.

This card also incorporated Judy's LSC239- S.O.S.

S= Sponging
O= silver bauble shaped like and o and Our Daily Bread Designs
S= Sympathy or silver

I used two of my new sets from Our Daily Bread Designs that will be new release in October:
Praying for you and With Heartfelt Sympathy which met the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge perfectly!! Their challenge was to create a Thinking of You or Praying for you card.

This picture for some reason turned out darker than on SC or in my files. If you click on the photo you will see the sewing and glitter much better!


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Praying for You and With Heartfelt Sympathy
Paper: BG Marakech, Baja Breeze and white
Accessories: Silver Baubles, corner punch, prisma color pencils and gamsol, sponge, glitter for dragonfly, sewing machine, White ribbon, Swiss dots and swirls embossing folder

This week is going to be a very busy week for me. I am still gathering goodies for my birthday blog candy on Wednesday. I have lots of goodies to share!!!

Since it is nice and early, it is a great time to go blog hopping. I have missed you all!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your comments.

31 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Another stunning card, love the embossed panels, the dragonfly looks wonderful all glittered, more fantastic stitching too! Take CareX:) p.s. Happy Birthday week:)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris, happy Birthday for Wednesday I hope your day is filled with love and laughter, family and friends!! I love this card, a beautiful case of NancyRuth and fits the other challenges so beautifully!! I hope your busy week runs smoothly - enjoy life's moments my friend! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful, Chris! Happy Birthday! Beautiful card, I love dragonflies and cattails! That is what we call them in Indiana, don't know the real name!

Grace said...

Just beautiful Chris!!! Your colors are so soothing and the glittered dragonfly is gorgeous!!!

Tina said...

So beautiful! I love the softness.

Lisa Foster said...

This is really beautiful Chris! I love every detail (especially the glitter on the dragonfly! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

stampinfrog said...

Chris this card is Gorgeous! Love the color combo and the stamped image is perfect!
Hugs,Connie

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Chris! The soft colors and embossing are fab!
hugs
Risa:)

LINDA said...

This is simply gorgeous!! Love the design and the colors are wonderful..
Hugs, Linda

Darlene said...

This is gorgeous Chris!! Love the colors you've used ... so calming!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous creation my friend!! LOVE the white and texture!! Awesome details lady!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday!! You deserve to be spoiled once in a while!! HUGS

Unknown said...

chris...this is gorgeous! love the soft and serene colors and the dp. i hate that a sympathy card had to be made, but it sure is beautiful!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...so glad you got a chance to play along! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Lesley said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!! Love the softness to it!

Lynn McAuley said...

Oh, my, Chris!! What a gorgeous sympathy card!! Absolutely stunning!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ohhhh!! This is gorgeous Chris!! I love the soft colors, and your cattails and dragonfly are just stunning!! Fabulous card!!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely FABULOUS Chris...it's GORGEOUS! Lovely colors, embossing and stamping!

Glad you had a nice visit with your parents, and I can't wait to see your blog candy!

Stef H said...

sounds like you have an absolutely fabulous weekend! and now applesauce & pie??? what time is the next flight to NY - LOL!!!!

gorgeous card. the reeds are awesome!

hugs,

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Gorgeous, Chris, and Happy Birthday to you!!

Kerri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you used and all the textures! Sounds like a wonderful weekend : )

Melody said...

This is a really beautiful card Chris, so soft and elegant!

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness..you have outdone yourself again. Beautiful, simply beautiful!
Christine

C said...

Lovely card, Chris. The soft colors are just perfect. Nice job incorporating all the challenges.

Lori said...

Lovely!

Kristine said...

Another gorgeous card Chris!! I love this stamp set and your soft colors. The image is perfect with that sentiment. Thanks for entering our SSC Challenge!! :)

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo beautiful, Chris....such a wonderful new stamp set and what beautiful, serene colors you used...gorgeous work!!!!

Cheryl said...

Stunning,so soft and pretty and such beautiful stitching!!!
Hugs xx

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhh, there's just something about cattails that I LOOVE. What an awesome image and awesome card, girl. The soft blue and white is beautiful with the cattails.

Betty Wright said...

So beautiful!!! Wonderful soft colors and I love your sky and scene design!!! Lovely card, Chris!!! Blessings!!!

Maria Matter said...

wow, such a beautiful sympathy card! The image and your coloring are just so calming...just beautiful!
Blessings Maria

Kelley said...

I am loving that glittery dragonfly...AWESOME!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.