Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, September 18, 2009
Happy Friday All!! Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am!! It is suppose to be beautiful weather wise. Woohoo!! No rain!!!!

Today I would like to share a card I made for the upcoming Christmas Holidays. I have seen so many cards with a Christmas theme and I have barely started so today I said I might as well join the masses. I created this card using the Stampin Sister's in Christ Sketch challenge for this week. I just love the simple layout. I added a couple of things to it but I think you can pretty much see I followed the sketch. I used one of my favorite Christmas sets from Our Daily Bread Designs, Angel.

I watercolored the edges of the dress with Baja Breeze on regular white cardstock. The hair, hands, and face were colored with prisma color pencils and gamsol. (Boy do I ever know that I used gamsol. It has an odor and my daughter accidentally knocked the entire thing over. What a mess and stench!!! Oh well accidents happen right. I hope my hubby understands when he walks in the kitchen and smells the odor.)



O.k. .... I was looking at the sketch after I uploaded it and I noticed I made a mistake. I put the bow on the top rather than in the middle. Oops!

Card Recipe:
Stamps- Our Daily Bread Designs- Angel
Paper: SU Ski Slope, Glitter paper (white), Metallic silver, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Silver Baubles, sewing machine, glitter, Vintage Corner Die from Cuttlebug

This is a part of a set that I will be posting on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog on Tuesday. I will provide you with a link on Tuesday as a reminder.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Inky Impressions Blog Hop and the last day for the Blog Hop candy here. If you have not left a comment, on the post or gone on the hop (there is some great prizes along the way), you may want to do so now. Just click on the highlighted "post or gone on the hop" and it will take you there.


I do not think I will be posting tomorrow as I plan to spend whatever time I have blog hopping and visiting your sites instead. Just not enough time to craft, blog and blog hop with life mixed in.

Have a super weekend!! Thanks as always for stopping by and leaving such encouraging comments.

38 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card! The angel image is beautiful and your stitching is amazing!!

Joanne Travis said...

The angel image is so fabulous!! I love this card and sketch. Beautiful work, Chris!

Danni said...

So beautiful!!!

Stef H said...

gorgeous - but of course!

would love for you to stop by the stamping boutique tonite for our grand opening. but only if you have time.

i have not been in my craft room all day today and ya know, it was nice for a change. however, i have been on the computer all day with the blog hop & now the grand opening.

what? my butts not big enough? i have to sit on it all day too???? LOL.

hugs my dear friend.

cheryl said...

this is so beatuiful hun love the colurs you have used love cheryl xxxx

dolcreations said...

Oh Chris...I would love to receive a beautiful Christmas card from your creations! Someone is going to be so lucky. You are so talented!
Christine

Holly Young said...

This is beautiful Chris! Just gorgeous!

Kristine said...

What a "SHINING STAR" you are! I love this gorgeous card Chris!! Love the angel and verse... and of course your soft pretty colors and stitching. So lovely...just like YOU! =0) Thank you for playing in our sketch challenge... I feel so blessed!! :)xXx

Grace said...

Chris this is gorgeous!!! Your angel is stunning! I'm sorry you lost your gamsol all over but this sure was worth it!! Hugs!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Chris, this is incredibly beautiful!!! Isn't that an awesome sketch? I hope I can play before the deadline!

Anonymous said...

What a truly gorgeous creation Chris!! I love your beautiful stitching and the ribbon and pearls are so elegant!! HUGS

Lisa Foster said...

Wow Chris! This is absolutely stunning! What beautiful stitching! And your angel is just breath-taking!
Hugs,
Lisa

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful, Chris! Love how you colored the angel. Just a gorgeous card!

Ann Kranitz said...

Chris this is stunning. I love your coloring and I am so glad you are in for some nice weather...enjoy!!!

Crystal said...

Chris your angel is soooo pretty, beautiful colors for this beauty!

theneon said...

Chris, this is just amazing. Anyone who receives a card from you is indeed a very lucky recipient.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - this is just fabulous...I love this challenge and love your card - the colours are gorgeous and so perfect with that image! Your sewing on your cards always adds so much - I have not ventured there yet, but you definitely inspire me! Thanks for sharing! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Karen W said...

What a gorgeous card, I love everything about it!

Unknown said...

You could've stuck that bow anywhere and it would STILL look fabulous!! It's totally gorgeous.
Viv xx

Cheryl said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Chris!!!

Happy Saturday!

Betty Wright said...

Stunning, Chris!!! Beautiful colors and cut work detailing!!! Wonderful scripture card!!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely Stunning Chris!! Your coloring is perfect and with the stitching & pearls ... oh my stars .. I just love this creation!!

Patti J said...

Wowzers, Chris - this is absolutely heavenly! Eeks, my poor card pales in comparison!!! BEAUTIFUL card, girl, one of your all time bests! Love it...

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Chris - this is super gorgeous!!! Fab take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

stampinfrog said...

Chris I love everything about this card! The angel is colored so beautifully,the papers and of course your stitching is so beautifully done!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Linda Beeson said...

Wow do you ever have a lot of great detail here! I love all that you included on you creation and it looks wonderful. I love verses like that.

Maria Matter said...

so so beautiful Chris!
Hope you have a chance to relax this wknd!
blessings, maria

Cathy said...

This is beautiful!! Love the colors. Thanks for my cute card!! I love it!! Hugs, Cathy

Lynn Put said...

How pretty! I love all of the details!

Crystal said...

Hey Chris its me again :) I wanted to say a HUGE congrats to becoming a spotlight diva looking forward to working with you some more!!! Hugs!

stampingtink said...

This is just beautiful! I love your work and just want to tell you how excited I am to be creating with you as a Spotlight Diva! Let's get started!

Susan

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Chris - once again girl you have totally blown me away!!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!!! Love the colours, love this angel (one of my favs as well!!) and all the details you use - ribbon, corners, pearls, SEWING!!! What an incredible artist you are my friend!!! Miss You!!! ~hugs~

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, Chris....what a STUNNER of a card. WOWWW!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh I want this set so bad! It's on my list to order from ODBD as soon as I can! This is so gorgeous Chris!

Lori said...

Sooo beautiful, Chris! You are so talented.

Crystal said...

Gasp....! My goodness , what a stunner ! And your scalloped stitching leaves me speechless ! Just beautiful , Chris !

Connie M. said...

This is just stunning, Chris!! Love how you layered the circles, and the fabulous silver and blue combo!!

Lenoria said...

This card is spectacular and I am amazed at how perfect the scallop stitching and everything is. Wow! Everything is perfect on this card (in my opinion) I don't think your rbbon is in the wrong spot at all.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.