Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, September 21, 2009



Happy Monday All!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! I sure did. I did everything but stamping but sometimes it is nice to take a break and just spend time with the family and do other things. My hubby and I spent Saturday creating wood projects and doing some tole painting for a charity auction to be held locally next week. It was fun to do something that would help others as well as have quality time together.

Today I am on the bandwagon trying to create, create, create.... The card I am sharing with you today uses today's TLC239 Layered Buttons, Mojo 105 Sketch, and the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge to use fall colors on your creation. The stamps used were Angelica's Daydreams, Shy Little Nickie (bench only) and Fall Whimsy (retired from SU).

It was fun creating a fall scene and creating these buttons. I don't know why I never thought to make these earlier. They are very easy peasy and can create the perfect coordinating embellishment. All you need is card stock, a circle punch (to match the size button you want to create), waterproof glue that doesn't bubble the cardstock, and crystal effects or some other medium to give it a glossy appearance. I decided to sand the edges of my buttons to make it one layer but not to add gloss to my buttons to create a distressed look.

The image is colored with prisma color pencils and gamsol. The dp is from MME 29th Market Street. I have been hoarding this paper and just had to use it for this fall creation.




Card Recipe:
Stamps: Inky Impressions- Angelica's Daydreams, Shy Little Nicki (bench only), and SU Retired Fall Whimsy for pumpkin and leaves on the bottom panel
Paper: My Minds Eye 29th Market Street, So Saffron, Bitter Chocolate
Accessories: Brown lace trim, EK Success Moraccan Lace Punch, Spellbinders Scalloped rectangles, Circle punch, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! I can't wait to visit your blogs!!

30 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Great job on the sketch -- it's a perfect autumn scene! Beautiful coloring on this adorable image, too!!

Tina said...

How perfectly adorable!

stampinfrog said...

Chris this card is so adorable! Love the fall colors and the handmade buttons are perfect! Your coloring of this little sweetie is gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Stef H said...

oh i love this! i think it's my new fav! i love the colors and those leaves... wow! wow! and more wow!

HUGS,

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)

dolcreations said...

This is such a gorgeous fall card! I love that image and you have coloured it perfectly! That pumpkin is just perfect with the leaves!
Have a great day,
Christine

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Chris, this is one stunning card!!!! Love that cute little gril! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Cathy said...

This is beautiful Chris!! She is so sweet and cute. Perfect for fall!! Hugs, Cathy

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful fall card, Chris, and your coordinating buttons are terrific! I hope to find time to play with that particular challenge tonight. What fun!

Chris said...

Sweet, sweet! She really does look likes she's daydreaming. I love it.

Cheryl said...

Great Mojo Chris, it's gorgeous!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Chris this is fantastic that image is just so adorable and the colours are fabulous I love the rich, dark Autumn colours.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Danni said...

Wonderful card and fun to make the buttons!!

Darlene said...

OMGoodness Chris ... you are amazing! This is just wonderful and great job combining challenges!! LOVE the colors ... GREAT job!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I just had to look at this again, Chris!! Such an adorable image!! I just bought that punch, so I really am glad to see how you used it!! Great job!!

Holly Young said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. I agree that it's good to get away from your stamping for a bit now and then. I think it did wonders for you because this card is just adorable! Love the colors and the buttons are fantastic!

Cheryl said...

So adorable and love the rich Autumn colours!!!
Hugs xx

Grace said...

Oh my... just adorable Chris!!! LOVE the fall colors and cute image! Love your hand made buttons! Great take on all the challenges! Hugs!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this precious card, Chris!! Fabulous for fall!!

Shannon said...

Awesome card! Love the leaves - who makes them>

Ann Kranitz said...

Chris, this is precious!! I love her little daydreaming gaze!!! Very sweet and great take on the MOJO Challenge!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - Chris - she is super duper cute indeed!!! Awesome Mojo card - my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

Melody said...

She is so cute! And I love the fall colors and embellishments

Maria Matter said...

So beautiful Chris! A sweet image and all your elements are just wonderful! love these colors!
blessings, Maria

Kerri said...

This is just adorable and beautiful, Chris! I love that sweet Angelica image with the pumpkin! Gorgeous dp and buttons : )

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous and so precious, Chris!!! Wonderful details and coloring!!! Beautifully done!!!

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous autumn card this is of course I love the image, and your colouring is fantastic
Hugs Jacqui x

Risa said...

Your card is definitely as cute as a button! I love everything about it!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Well this card IS as cute as a button hun!! WOW!! What a gorgeous card with fun Fall colors and lots of texture!! :) You rock lady!! HUGS

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Cute as a button is absolutely right!!! I love this sweet card! thanks for supporting our challenge blog, Chris. You're the BEST!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.