Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Friday!!! Are you glad the weekend is here?!!! I am!! Not that we have many plans since it is suppose to be another rainy day (like today) but it is nice to have Scott home.

Over the last week, I have been so busy with dt cards and creations and I so wanted to make a card for Paige. I have read several posts about this thirteen year old girl and her boating accident. My heart goes out to her and her family as it looks like she will be having her arm amputated. Poor girl!! I also applaud Erin's efforts (Paige's neighbor and Whimsy Stamps Dt member) to get a card drive started with a goal of 100 cards to be sent Paige. Erin also has blog candy for anyone who makes a card and sends it to Paige. You can view all the details here.


Denise (Whimsy Stamps Owner) has also generously donated a digi stamp to be sold where 100% of the proceeds will go to Paige's Hospital Bill. To view this stamp, please click here. How sweet and generous are these girls!!!

So anywho....here is the card I created for Paige. I incorporated the sketch from Mojo Monday 103, Whimsy Stamps challenge 18 to sew on a card, WT235 from Splitcoast- Revved up on Red, Stamp Something Challenge to use your favorite embellishment.




I used one of the new Elizabeth Bell Images exclusive to Suzanna Custom Arts and Designs called Emma. (Susana has a beautiful selection of Elizabeth Bell images, reasonable prices and excellent customer service!). I colored her in with prisma color pencils and gamsol. She is popped up on dimensionals in different areas of the image to give her dimension. The background paper is one K& Co.'s new dp pads called Winter Wonderland. It is gorgeous dp with a lot of vibrant colors and beautiful designs! My fave embellishment is the Butterfly that is laced on the black grosgrain ribbon. I don't know where I purchased it from but I do know that I have been using them sparingly. The flowers are prima flowers. The middle layer I distressed with brown distressing ink. The middle stip on my card is made using the Rennaissance Border from Spellbinders.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Elizabeth Bell- Emma- Exclusive to Suzanna's Custom Arts and Card Designs
Papers: K&Co. Winter Wonderland, Black, Real Red, White
Accessories: Red Rhinestones, Circle Spellbinders, Spellbinders Renaissance Border, sewing machine, butterfly charm, prima red flowers

I hope Paige likes this card!!!
**************************************************
The second card for today uses LSC237 ( I used the new image from Lori and my old Tulle which has been in my craft cabinet for years!!!!! I finally found a use for it.) and the new sketch challenge Crazy 4 Challenges. This week's sketch was hosted by Cindy Haffner. I so admire the creations of all these dt members that I just had to join in their first challenge. One of the dt members, Lori Boyd, is beginning her own line of digitals. On her blog she had one available for free. I thought it appropriate to showcase her image for the dt's first challenge in her honor. Love this image Lori and the new challenge girls!!


I colored her in with Prisma color Pencils and Gamsol. Her skirt is paper pieced and has tulle adhered over top. I also sewed around the edges of the card.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Lori Boyd's Digital Image
Paper: Bloom And Grow, Bazzil Chocolate, White
Accessories: Pearls, nestabilities, Fiskers Punch, tulle, corduroy button, white satin ribbon, teal satin ribbon

Thanks for stopping by today!!! I so appreciate all your comments. Tomorrow I will be back with the Inky Impressions Blog Hop!! We will be revealing Inky Impressions 8 new stamps!! Today is the last day of the sneak peek. For sneak peeks, visit :

Crystal

Kristen

Have a great day and weekend!! Hope to see you back tomorrow!!

blessings,
Chris

29 comments:

Lisa B said...

These are GORGEOUS! I see that you also love to stitch on your cards. I am extremely empressed that you were able to stitch that circle so neatly ~ my hat is off to you!

Thank you for leaving such kind words on my blog. I am going to become a follower of your blog so I can be continued to be in awe of your work!

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Chris, your creations are always so gorgeous!! What beautiful details on both of your designs!! Thank you SO MUCH for adding to Erin's cause to make cards for Paige!! I'm sure she'll just LOVE your gorgeous creation!! HUGS

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Chris, this are stunning! I love the red and black, that image is super cute and colored perfectly and the stitching is wonderful too. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy this week and for mentioning our cause for Paige! :)

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful Chris! I love your Emma card, your design is fabulous with the red and black!!!!

You did a lovely job with Lori's little cutie too! So many sweet details!!!!
Your cards are always beautiful and inspiring!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Blessings, Maria

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - both cards are gorgeous!! I love your card for Paige - that image is just adorable and you have used every element so well! Love it and I am sure Paige will be touched to be getting all of these cards!!
Your second card is just carling - love that image and the sketch - I actually made a card for this challenge, but missed the deadline - I will be linking it anyway - such a great sketch and it works so well this this image! Thanks for sharing, your work and your heart Chris!! {{{hugs}}}

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely stunning cards, the stitching is so perfect, love the deep reds and black, just fantastic how you have put them together and Emma is just adorable. I am sure Paige is going to love this card so much. Have a great weekend, take care, AnnetteX:)

Vicki G said...

Both cards are magnificent Chris!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with Lori's image!

Hugs,

Vicki

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Chris...these are both fabulous! Paige will love hers! Hugs, Lisa

StampOwl said...

Your card is so sweet, thanks for playing our C4C challenge

cheryl said...

2 stunning cards great dsigns and such great detail too love cheryl xxxxxx

LORi said...

Holy Toledo!! Chris they are both fabulous!! I love what you have done with Little Ballet Mouse. Love the colors...love everything!! Thanks for joining us and for using the digi mouse!!
Hugs ~ LORi

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I'm lovin all your cards.

dolcreations said...

Chris your cards are just gorgeous! I love all that you have done! Paige is just going to love your card.
Have a great weekend,
Christine

Danni said...

Both of these are wonderful!! Love the Emma one, so nice with the red and all that stitching! And you know I love the butterfly!
The little mousie ballerina is just too cute!
Wonderful job, my friend!!

Grace said...

Wow Chris! These are both adorable! I LOVE the EB image on the first one and great layout and colors! Thanks for increasing awareness of Paige and the card drive for her! She will LOVE it! The second one is so cute too! I have to check out that new challenge! Hugs!

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Chris!!! Both cards are beautifully colored and detailed!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Chris, both cards are absolutely darling. But I have to tell you the first one is beyond GORGEOUS!!!! Those colors, I am speechless, that's how awesome they are. That butterfly buckle is such a nice touch and the coloring on the main image, WOW!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Chris! I am sure Paige will love her card! GORGEOUS!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful card Chris!!! I am sure Paige will be tickled with this gorgeous gift.
Blessings
Mary Lou

Stef H said...

i am speechless! they are gorgeous! that black & red is .... there are no words to describe it. you should get an award from somewhere for this one!

hugs,

Melody said...

Really wonderful cards Chris. Your coloring is amazing. I love the soft look on the first one.

Michelle said...

Oh Chris - Paige will definitely love it! It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your coloring with pencils and gamasol! And of course, all the sewing, layers (awesome DP...gotta get some), and embellishments - well it's PERFECT!!

your second card is very cute! Such a cute mouse and I'm diggin the blue and brown color combo!!

Jacquel said...

What a beautiful card Chris...I LOVE it and the other one too! It will surely brighten her day...tfs!!!

Cheryl said...

They are gorgeous,such beautiful colours and your stitching is perfect!!!
Hugs xx

raindropecho said...

Wow, these are amazing! One is so great and dramatic and the other soft and cute...just gorgeous!
- Ann

Shirley said...

You first card is just so beautiful, lovely and she is so pretty too! Your second is just adorabble!!

stephanne said...

Ohhhhhhh, would you look at these!! First of all, the card you've made for Paige is PRECIOUS!!! I will be keeping my eyes peeled for that DP and that stamp, I have been wanting to try an Elizabeth Bell stamp and this, oh yesssss, this is the one!! It's magical and I love it!!

Your second card is beautiful as well, great job dressing up Lori's digi stamp, and I adore how you've punched and layered the papers and put pearls on it, lovely!!

Now, I'd better get crackin' on a card for Paige as well, got the digi from Whimsey stamps, now I'm just waiting for that burst of mojo to get the card done right, lol.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW and WOW!!! Two fabulous cards as always Chris, but really, that red one blew me away!!! TOTALLY STUNNING my friend!!!! ~hugs~

Erin... said...

I don't even know what to say about your card, it's just so amazing!!!!!!!! The stitching is fabulous and just all around WOW!!!! Thank you so much for making this for Paige and spreading the word about her story. I know she'll love it!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.