Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, September 4, 2009
Happy Friday!!! The weekend is here and it is a holiday weekend to boot. Woohoo!! We have big plans to have a family night tonight at the campfire and this time there is not any rain. Woo hoo!!

Well I should have been working on some design team challenge cards today but I played instead. Shh don't tell! I just had to play with today's LSC236 Scrapling challenge. I had a blast making these little cards!!! Who doesn't have scraps they want to use up. These little 1 1/2 by 4 inch cards are so fun and cute.

Well here is my first one. I used the Bloomin Beautiful set and remade a card I made previously to be more CAS and a scrapling. I also incorporated Sharon's No Time to Stamp Challenge to stamp an image over your sentiment (SSNOTIME103). I didn't use any dp for the scrapling.


The second set below is also for the scrapling challenge LSC236 along with a whole host of others, including:
1. Sharon's SSNOTIME103 (to stamp an image over your sentiment)
2. Stampin B's Challenge (to use close to cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and creamy caramel0,
3. Stampin Sister's in Christ (to make a card for your significant other, Since Scott loves Goodies more than cards, I made a gift set)
4. WT234 (to use sanding on your card, I dry embossed my dp and then sanded over it with steel wool to give it a distressed look)

I used the new release Doodles 1- Get Well and Doodles 3- Friendship from Our Daily Bread Designs. The butterflies are made using my butterfly sizzix die and safety pins, ornament hooks, and beads. While I have made these before, there is a tutorial over on Priscilla's blog for making Safety Pin Butterflies (they are a little different but the same idea) if you are interested.


Scrapling and gift bag recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- Doodles 1 Get Well (partial sentiment on the scrapling), Doodles 2 Friendship
Paper: K&Co. Brenda Walton- Madeline Paper
Accessories: Swirls embossing folder, steel wool, MS leaf border punch (new), Butterfly Sizzix die from SU, ornament hooks, beads, ribbon, trim, honey toasted peanuts, cellophane bags

I hope you enjoyed today's post and the weekend!!! Have a great Labor Day (to everyone in the USA)! I look forward to visiting all your blogs. Thanks for all your wonderful comments. You always make my day!

Oh and yes.... TODAY is MY GOOD FRIEND DANNI'S BIRTHDAY. SHE TURNS THE BIG 40!! Please pop on over to her blog to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Happy Birthday Danni!!!!

31 comments:

Shirley said...

I love what you did with your image over the sentiment instead of stamping it. Also that safety pin butterfly is too cute for words.

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, I love this. So elegant and beautiful. The stitching is outstanding.

Crystal said...

Chris these are BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the pink and brown combo!!! The butterfly safety pin just rocks!!! Gorgeous projects, fab job with the lsc too!

Carol L said...

It's simply AMAZING how you incorporated so many challenges into these fabulous projects today! They're so beautiful and I especially LOVE the scrapling with the beautiful bloom and text! I wish my sewing machine did fancy stitches like yours - WOW that's a pretty border!! TFS your dazzling talents!!

Danni said...

Aww, thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes! These are all just so wonderful projects! I love what you did with the Bloomin' Beautiful set..gorgeous!

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Chris... these are BOTH fabulous sets! I love the pretty pinks and popped up flower of the first one but the "chocolate" toned one just calls to me too... what a neat way to give some yummies! Love your clever use of these sets! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy family night! I'm fixing my hubby Maine Lobster tonight as a special treat! Shhhh... he doesn't know! I hope they come out OK... they cost a fortune! Oh the stamps I could have bought! LOL! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness Chris, I love the femininity and elgance of the first one. Plus, the color combo is my all time favorite. And the second one is just way to fun because it has butterflies on it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE butterflies :D:D:D. Enjoy your family and the camp fire. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I love your project Chris!! These are so stunning!!! All the beautiful details are so amazing!!! You have done an fabulous job!! HUGS

Kristine said...

This is awesome Chris! All of them! I'm sure your hubby loved the goodies ;) Thanks for playing in our SSC Challenge again!! Hugsx

jacque4u2c said...

This is just stunning! you are so very creative!!!!!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous cards -- aren't those scraplings fun? Beautiful coloring on the poppies and what a great idea to use the die cut as a bag topper in the second project. Both are wonderful gift sets!!

Patti J said...

Chris - these are just gorgeous! I'm lovin' them!!! I had so much fun playing with scraplings - don't know why I quit?!!? Beautiful work here, girl - enjoy your family!

Lovely Linda said...

Chris - what 'treats for the eyes!' I love both cards, the colours are gorgeous and compliment your images so well! Love the feminine feel of the first one and the YUMBLY chocolate feel to the second one! Thanks for shring Chris - always inspiring!! God bless you!

Rachel said...

WOW!! these are AMAZING Chris!! sooo beautiful!
have a great weekend.
hugs,
Rachel

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness these sets are just beautiful. wow.
Hav a great weekend!
Christine

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - this first Set is super gorgeous - Chris!!! Love the second one too, but the first project stole the show - LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

Annette Bowes said...

What a beautiful selection of projects, those butterflies are cute, have a great weekend, when you have time pop over and see me there is a little something for you, take careX:)

Michelle said...

Man, how do you manage to get so much accomplished? LOL...it takes me DAYS to make one card sometimes!! I love all your projects! Your scrapling is adorable & I love that gift bag! Have a great weekend!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow are these ADORABLE!!! I cant believe you can put so much detail into such a cute little thing!!! I am in awe of you my friend!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE the Bloomin' Beautiful bloom on that scrapling...PERFECT image for that size card. Such pretty colors!

The brown butterfly bag and scrapling...SO STRIKING! I love rich brown tones!!

Cheryl said...

OMG Stunning creations!!! Yet again you have done a magnificent job with the Bloomin Beautiful set,this is the image I have not used yet and I just love your stitching,it really adds some elegance to your card!! Love your gift bag set,beautiful colours and pretty butterflies!!
Hugs xx

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh my, Chris! These are truly magnificent and beautiful creations!

Jacquel said...

Wowzers Chris! Love your projects...they're so pretty! Awesome work & tfs!!!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Chris,what a beautiful creations,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria Matter said...

oh these are beautiful!!!
I love the pink set with the stitching and your scrapling is wonderful Chris!!!
Love the brown embossed butterfly too...it's just all so beautiful!!!
Have a lovely weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki G said...

Beautiful things come in small packages too! WOW!!!! This is stunning!

Chrissy D said...

WoW! These projects are beautiful!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Chris, I LOVE your scraplings!! Awesome job!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris! You've made me remember how much I love that stamp set!

Thanks for playing in our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We hope you'll join us again!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You sure have a gift, girl! Beautiful work!!!
~Chelsea

Michelle said...

Chris - beautiful creations but I have to tell you I LOVE the roses - such a pretty card and scrapling - Absolutely beautiful!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.