Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, September 15, 2009


Happy Tuesday all!!! This week is a busy week for me here at blogger since I have three days in a row of challenges to share with you, on Tuesday through Thursday. Today I Welcome you to another MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH!
Remember you have until midnight to add your link for MMSC18 to Mr. Linky on Priscilla's Blog.
MIDNIGHT MADNESS MASTERPIECE AWARD

Each week we are awarding a special Badge Award to one person for their outstanding sketch submission. If you would like to be considered for this award, please make sure your card link is posted to Mr. Linky by Sunday of each week. This is our way of let you know how wonderfully talented you are and how much we appreciate you sharing your craft with us. This week we are proud to say the“MIDNIGHT MADNESS MASTERPIECE” Gold Star Award goes to.....

#5. Vicki (basement stamper)
Enjoy your award and please display it proudly!
(if you would like the blinkie code, just email me ;)
Sketch Challenge Star Award MMM

Woohoo Vicki!! Way to go girl!!

The MM REMARKABLES WEEKLY AWARD!!
The Midnight Madness Team has created a very special award called The “Midnight Madness Remarkables” Award !! We would like to acknowledge those entries that are just exceptionally Remarkable!! During our voting each week, due to the caliber of the cards entered in our challenges, we end up with so many ties and close votes, so this Fairy logo is for those recipients to display proudly. If you would each like to take our fairy logo for your side bar, she would love to come stay with you.
Thank you all for playing and please help me in congratulating our “Midnight Madness Remarkables” award winners…..
45. Sandee
54. stephanne
Congrats Girls!! Your creations were st
unning!!!

MIDNIGHT MADNESS PRIZE SPONSORS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Continuing to their Sponsorship this month is....

This month we posted our Month end sponsors, so be sure to take a look at all that is up grabs this month HERE. Continuing to support our challenges this month is DRS Designs!! Every two weeks on a Monday, DRS Designs host a blog challenge and invite you to join them! Their online site features a gallery for each designer as well as a customer gallery. If you get a chance I hope you will participate in their challenges too and you can even email your cards so to them so they can include them in their growing galleries. In addition to their wonderful craft supplies, they also offer a wide assortment of images, sentiments (serious and humorous) as well as easy background images and technique stamps such as our stained glass and our plaid stamps.You can find them at http://www.drsdesigns.com/ and http://drsdesignblog.blogspot.com/ The Midnight Madness team is having a lot of fun crafting with their wonderful stamps. Just take a look at our sketch example cards this week. Thanks DRS Designs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are so lucky to have "62 Cards"
as our Weekly Bonus Sponsor
A very special thank you goes out to Sammye Jo Monroe Singer for sponsoring us this week. you are going to love her give away!!! 62Cards began as an intriguing hobby of a twenty-something wife and mom who desired to do something she loved. After a tragic car accident in 2005 took the life of her little brother, Matt, 18, she knew she had to do something that not only kept her busy, but honored him at the same time. The name of the company itself does just that. 62 was Matt's football number. The company offers something that is special, unique, and fun, just like her beloved brother. He loved to help others, and 62Cards is helping keep his giving spirit alive by donating part of its profits to benefit The Matt Monroe Memorial Scholarship Fund through Citizens First Bank. This fund awards three scholarships every year to high school seniors to help them with the expenses of their post-secondary education. 62Cards was founded on the idea that quality and trendy paper crafting and embellishments do not have to be mass produced or cost a fortune. From handmade cards, embellishments, and gifts to party favors and banners, 62Cards strives to offer something for everyone. When you purchase a product from 62Cards, you are not only getting something fun and exciting for yourself, but you are helping today's youth further their education and are keeping the spirit of one very special and loved young man alive. Visit the site at www.62cards.com and join in some great crafty chit chat and giveaways on the blog at http://www.62cards.blogspot.com/!

Winner will get one of her NOT YET RELEASED 6x6
Album Kits entitled Sweet Summer.

Sammy Jo would also like to offer a free bonus gift with purchase to our Midnight Madness followers. Just enter "Midnight Madness" in the checkout to get their free gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW FOR OUR WEEK #19
SKETCH CHALLENGE


And Now for my take on the sketch!!!


For my card I used the stamp 3 Flowers and a Butterfly from DRS Designs. I stamped the butterfly separately and added it to the side of my design rather than adding it to my image panel. The dp is from SU Walk in the Park. The flowers were created with crinkled cardstock and the SU Boho Blossom Punch. The flourishes were created using the Spellbinder Flourishes Die, Bitter Chocolate Bazzill and embossed with Holographic Glitter. The punch used on the side of my image panel is the Morraco Lace punch from EK Success. The corner is punched with the Vintage Die from Cuttlebug (It actually has four dies in the set, I used the one corner). The Inside of the card is created using the Butterfly sizzix die, hero arts pearls, rhinestone flourishes, and a new release this month from

Our Daily Bread Designs Doodles 2 Thinking of You and Doodles 3 Friendship Stamps.

I created this card for a dear friend, not for her birthday or for any occasion, just because she is so sweet and I want her to know how much I appreciate her. I hope she likes it!!

I hope you enjoyed today's post and that it inspires you to create and maybe even create for the Midnight Madness Challenge. Should you create something using this sketch, please leave a direct link to Mr. Linky here.

Should you upload your creation to SC, please use the keyword MMSC19. For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters. They have an awesome array of examples using this sketch. Many used images from DRS Designs.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Tomorrow I will be back with another Flutter By Wednesday and Inky Impressions Challenge Post. They are both continuing their Birthday Bash!!! Don't forget Inky Impressions continues until Sept 19!!! You don't want to miss it cause there are many prizes including blog candy from me. There is a link on my sidebar!!

Have a great day!! Oh Today is Risa's Birthday!! Happy Birthday Risa!! Please stop on over to her blog and wish her a happy birthday.

30 comments:

Stef H said...

guess what i'm gonna say?????

i just love the way you work that edger punch! yes, my dear friend, it's GORGEOUS!!!!! i love it!!!!!! super duper!

hugs,

Cheryl said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Chris!! Love the colors and that stitching is beautiful!!

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW so much gorgeous details to look at,it is so beautiful and I really love that stitching!!!
Hugs xx

dolcreations said...

Oh my...this card is gorgeous. Once again you have given such great attention to detail. That stitching is so nice!
Have a great day,
Christine

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Chris, beautiful creation once more and in my fav color combo! Love the details on this one too, the butterflies are gorgeous and of course your scalloped stitching is always a winner. Fabulous job!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Anonymous said...

Oh Chris, your creations are absolutely gorgeous my friend!! :) Both the inside and outside are just as amazing!! You've done a wonderful job with the DRS images and I'm so honored to have a gold star...such talent is on that team!! HUGS

Tina said...

Wow! Such a stunner!

Holly Young said...

This card is amazing! You do such exquisite work and have so many details that every time I look I see something else that catches my eye!

Sonya said...

This is gorgeous, Chris!!! NTM my fave color :)
I think you've done a fab job with every little detail from the stitching to the definition behind your blossoms! Wonderful work!!! :)

Danni said...

You constantly amaze me with your talent!! This is gorgeous!!

Carolyn said...

Just love this, Chris! Absolutely LOVE those colors. I have chose to use those with my next couple of MMSC's. Had to force myself away from them after I did two in a row. This is strikingly beautiful, and I love the inside just as much. Awesome this week!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Shawne said...

So beautiful, I love the black border with the pink jewels, really great way to incorporate that part of the sketch!

Kristine said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous Chris! You sure have an artistically creative mind to take a look at that sketch and turn it into this magnificent creation! LOVE everything about this card! :) Great job!!
xXx

Crystal said...

Chris WOW this is GORGEOUS!

Jacquel said...

This is very pretty Chris and I do love the sketch! tfs!!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Your card is so awesome this week, you really pulled out all the stops. Tons of detail, you must have stayed up all night. What a treat for all of us to view, everything is perfect.

Dawn B. said...

This is really beautiful Chris. I love the stitching you added. This is my favorite color combo and you did such a great job with it all. I really like the pretty butterfly with the swirls on the inside. TFS

Cindy Haffner said...

Very soft and pretty.

Dianne said...

Chris you are so amazing and creative. This is one of my favorite color combos. Absolutely gorgeous !!!

Priscilla said...

Hi Chris..you always go way out on your weekly posts...THANK YOU :) Do I really need to comment on your card?? OF COURSE I do!!! It is beautiful. Thank you for all you do :)
Priscilla

Denise @ kc242 said...

This is just such a beautiful card! Love the colors and the sentiment! Beautiful take on the sketch challenge.

Silli said...

Chris, your card is so very pretty. I love the soft colors and your play with spellbinders. Great work. Big hugs Silke

Nicola said...

Wowzers Chris you have rocked this sketch. Your card is stunning both inside and out, loving your punched and stitched detail and what super yummy swirls and flowers. Ooh your insert is super sweet with that awesome butterfly and swirl of gems then we come to such a beautiful sentiment. Pure candy for my eyes.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Risa said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the color combo and the embellishments are fabulous Chris!
hugs
Risa:)

Jodi said...

A very pretty card Chris!! Love your colors for it and all the fabby embellies!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Darlene said...

This creation is STUNNING ... both inside and out!! LOVE the colors and the soft touches! WOW ... amazing!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card!

Carol Hurlock said...

Just one look at this card explains why you get chosen to be on design teams. Wow is this ever exquisite. There is just something about pink and black that is so elegant and classy. Not to mention all your wonderful stitching that looks so fantastic. You are amazingly talented.

Hugs,
Carol

cabio's craft corner said...

Chris, I am speechless, that is gorgeous!
I got some blog candy on my blog if you are interested.
Hugs,
Cabio

stephanne said...

There are just so many gorgeous elements about this creation, I really would be rattling on and on to list them, and of course, you made the card, so you know what it is I am drooling over, lol!! Wonderful work, your friend will love it!! Thanks for stopping by and visiting my entry :)
Stephanne

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.