Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day to all!! Today is my birthday and my girls have been planning how to make it special for days now.

Two days ago, Nicki, decided we needed to have pudding on my birthday at 7 a.m. in the morning. She failed to look at the chocolate pudding packs to see that one of the packages she grabbed was cook and serve and the other instant. They just couldn't figure out why it would not thicken up. Too cute...of course at the time when I saw the mess in my kitchen, I was not thrilled. They dumped out my entire cupboard to find these packs and I had mix everywhere. What a good feeling to be loved so much, though!

The girls have been up since six trying to make my day special. I think my birthday will not be about me but my two sweethearts instead. We plan to make an icecream cake together. Not good for my diet but we do have to splurge once in a while, right?

Today I have two challenges share with you which are perfect for my celebration. Infact, I think I will give my project to myself. LOL! The Inky Impressions Challenge is to make a gift (unless it is a gift card holder)and not a card and the Flutter By Wednesday challenge is to use a butterfly or fairy with Sapphire (September's Birthstone).

I can't wait to share my project with you but first let me give you the details for Flutter By Wednesday....Danni will have some blog candy for this last week of her Birthday celebration so make sure you pop by her blog and check it out!! She also has a guest this week, Anna! Her blog title is scrap and crap but it is far from crap!! You will be in for a real treat so stop on over and leave her some love!! We also want to welcome back Taylor and Kristie to the Team!! Woo hoo!! You were missed and we are so glad to have you back. Since this is the last week of the Birthday celebration at Flutter By we want to thank you all for making it such a fun time for us all!

Today's project is made using Flower Lili from Inky Impressions. She is just so sweet!! I colored her with Prisma color pencils and gamsol. The dp is from the Retired Urban Garden paper stack from SU. I decided to make a treatbox. This is my own design without a pattern so there is no one to blame if there are any flaws but me!!! LOL! The flowers I created using the MS Cosmo flower punch and Boho Blossoms punch from SU. I am sorry this photo looks so far away but the treat box is so big I had a hard time getting the whole thing in the picture.










The goodies inside are my absolute favorite!!!!!!!!Dark Lindt Chocolate!!!!YUMMY!! Now before my diet I would eat a handful of them no problem but well...now I may not eat even one although the temptation is there. Infact the temptation is so great that I just decided as I am typing this post that maybe today as a celebration for my birthday that I will make a small treat bag and fill it with these chocolate goodies!!! I will randomly choose a winner for anyone who comments on this post before midnight tonight!!!

I hope you have enjoyed today's post and that you are inspired to either create a gift using and Inky Impressions stamp for the Inky Impressions Challenge or use a fairy or butterfly with sapphire (it can just be embellished with sapphires). If you do join the FBW challenge please leave a DIRECT link on Danni's blog. If you upload your creations to SC or PCP, please use the keyword FBW.

For more inspiration for the FBW challenge please visit my dt sisters:


For More inspiration for the Inky Impressions challenge to create a gift or gift idea (anything other than a card), please visit my Inky sisters:

Jenn
Kristen
Kristine
Michele
Naoual

Should you create a gift using an Inky Impressions stamp, please leave a direct link here.

I hope you have enjoyed today's post!! I had hoped on posting this much earlier so I could put up my blog candy but there are just so many details that I am forgetting.


I hope to have my blog candy up within the next hour. I have been so blessed with health and happiness over the past year. I am also blessed to be surrounded by a loving husband and daughters, parents, siblings, friends (including you my blogging friends) . I decided as a way of saying thanks, I am putting up my first blog candy (not for a dt or for a hop just from plain old me.) I tried to include different things that people had commented on in previous posts as well as a lot of my faves. Hope to see you there. Kelley , owner of Our Daily Bread Designs generously donated one of my fave stamp sets for my birthday and Nicole , owner of Inky Impressions, also donated a cute Birthday stamp! Thanks girls!!!

Don't forget, one lucky person will win some Lindt chocolate on me for my birthday. I will announce my winner tomorrow on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog hop!! You don't want to miss the hop either cause the dt has awesome cards and projects to show you using the new release and there are prizes too! Can't beat that!!!!!

Speaking of my girls, I better go check on them. Too quiet!! They have been plotting my day since 5:30 a.m. Scary!!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!!

I have added this to my post because I have been working on my blog candy post with little success. Every time I press post it says it has a Java script error. Looks like I will be starting over. Maybe it will be up by 12 p.m. I AM PRAYING!!!

39 comments:

Nicola said...

Happy Birthday Chris, I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the icecream cake. I am sat here giggling over the chocolate pudding - ah girls will be girls and their hearts were in the right place - just wrong packet rofl!
Ooh wowee what a stunning project you clever girlie. I adore your gift box, the paper is mega delish and your image as sweet as the contents. love your ribbon and gems and wow those flowers and butterflies are awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Patti J said...

Oh Chris, I so hope you have a wonderful day! You are always scurrying around trying to make everyone elses days good - you deserve an amazing day yourself! Happy birthday dear girl. Your box is fabulous, as is your coloring of that sweet image! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday darlin'!!!

Grace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!!! Your girls are sweeites and are just finding out the joy of giving.... the pudding story is too cute! Love your little treat box and aren't you the clever one to make the design yourself! I love it!!! I hope your day is the best ever!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy Birthday Chris, hope you have a great day. Love the little box and the cute image which you have coloured beautifully. Hugs Nikki x

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day, and your project is wonderful!!!!

Danielle said...

A very Happy Birthday to you for today Chris - I hope you are spoiled by your beautiful family! As for your project - I love it! And you should definitely treat yourself to it (I would, esp. when I saw it contained Lindt chocolates, lol)!!!
Big hugs, Danielle

Jane Wetzel said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy ChRiS!!! hUgs, Jane :)

Stef H said...

i love the treat bag and your girls can make pudding me for anytime!

and i wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

hugs,

Darlene said...

Happy, Happy Birthay Chris!!! It sounds like your girls have a "whopper" of a day planned for you! ENJOY!!!
LOVE your project ... so awesome and of course the Lindt chocolates are the perfect addition! Love how you incorporated Flower Lili on the outside ... just tooo cute!!!
ENJOY your day ... can't wait to hear all about it!! BTW ... I think pudding for breakfast is a dandy idea!!!!

Lelia Pierce said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!!! I hope your day is as wonderful as your girls want it to be! How funny...love the pudding story!
Your treat bag/box is amazing! I love it! Wonderful work, as always!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Kathy Jones said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!! Hugs and Best Wishes for a wonderful day!! LOVE your chocolate box and your colouring is AWESOME girl!!!! LOL @ your pudding story......and I'm willing to take all that chocolate off your hands if it needs to go to a good home!!! LOL!!! ~hugs~

stampinfrog said...

Happy Birthday Chris!I love the pudding story LOL! I hope all your wishes come true! Eat a piece of the ice cream cake for me!PLEASE!!!
Your treat box is so cute! Love the papers and your coloring is so fantastic!
Hugs,Connie

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! WOW, those are my favorite chocolates!! Have a great day and hope you recover from it soon -

Lovely Linda said...

Happy birthday to you Chris! What a day you are having already!! Don't you love the dimension children can put on birthdays!! Enjoy every second, they are celebrating you, their Mummy!! Love this gift box - the colour is just stunning and that image adorable! You have added your special touch Chris and made it irresistible - just like those choccies!! Enjoy your day my friend - it is the day that the Lord has made - it is your day! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Happy Birthday, sweet friend! I know the girls have more surprises in store.......what fun. These are things you will all remember the rest of your lives!
I love your box!! Goes right into my CASE files!!
Have a lovely day (and forget the diet!)

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

OK Let's try this again! Sorry Chris, I just got booted out when I tried to post my comment!
Gefeliciteerd met je verjardag! Happy Birthday to You! I hope your special day continues to be so much fun as it has started out to be! What special girls you have wanting to make it a day to remember for you. Enjoy each moment and I hope that all your wishes come true for Your day!
Extra big hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

dolcreations said...

Happy Birthday to You! I hope you have a very special day! Your project is so cute! I just love it. You always come up with such cute idea!
Christine

Cheryl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your ice cream cake......how sweet are your girls,trying to make their mum's day special...lol....!! A gorgeous gift box and decorated beautifully,love that image and choccies YUMMMM!!
Hugs xx

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!!! What a great idea for this week's challenge...who doesn't love chocolate? And, the pudding story is absolutely precious!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a cute, cute project! And that is my FAVORITE chocolate too! I say, forget the diet, and enjoy the chocolate! Life's too short to deny yourself constantly! LOL! Your birthday story of you and your girls cracked me up! Oh, to be so loved.

Jacquel said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I hope you have a fab day!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

WOWWZER!! This is just amazing hun!! I love it!! I hope your birthday is just FABULOUS lady!! HUGS

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun, I just love this!!

Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!! I hope you have a Spectacular Day! :0)
Your box is Beautiful, and that Lily is so precious. you did an amazing job with both.
{{BIG HUGS}}!!
Rachel

Katarina said...

What a fab box. Happy birthday by the way :)

Crystal said...

AWWW Chris I LOVE this!!! Beautiful colors!!! HUGS!

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!!! Sounds like your girls have a fabulous day planned for you : ) You are a woman after my own heart because dark chocolate is my FAVE!!! I would not be able to resist the temptation lol! Adorable gift box : )

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Your girls sound wonderful, they seem to be having a lot of fun for your b-day. How do you do it? Find the time, I mean. This box is just amazingly beautiful! I work outside of the home and have 1 daughter, (and a very helpful husband) but I am so slow with my cards and things!! You rock the paper, girl. Hope your candy post quits giving you problems, on your birthday even, darn blogger!

Lori said...

p.s. no soccer game after all, so I made it!

Annette Bowes said...

Happy Birthday Chris, sounds exciting your girls plotting some wonderful surprises for mum! Love your creation, the flowers and butterflies are gorgeous and Lily is coloured so beautifully, take careX:)

Danni said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! Love your creation! Beautiful as always!! You are such a blessing...hugs!

Jodi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!! I just love your cute cute box and image! I hope that you celebrate well. Have a wonderful day!
Big Hugs
Jodi =)

Kristie W. said...

Happy Birthday Chris!! Your creation is so cute and thanks for the welcome back!

Ann Kranitz said...

First let me wish you a wonderful joyous birthday!!! I hope it was filled with all sorts of fun and happiness!!!! Your project today is super sweet. Just like the candy inside!!! LOVE IT!!

Michelle said...

Chris - I so enjoy reading your posts and looking at your wonderful creations! This creation is no exception - it's beautiful!! And wowzers did you get the color down or what!?! Happy birthday again to you...I hope your daughters made it extra special.

I'd love to win your little goodie - I mean your creations are one of a kind and well I've never tried the chocolate that you are talking about :o)

Donna Baker said...

I just came over to wish you a Happy Birthday from your friend Lori! what a cute candy package!

Evelyn C said...

Hope you had a lovely Birthday - just had to po on and say your box of chocies is fab - i think you should keep it for yourself - a little treat just for you x

Beccy said...

Gorgeous presentation bag for the candy - I agree look much to delicious to give away you should treat yourself.

Beccy

Heather Schlatter said...

Chris,

Your talent is endless you are not just a talented Card maker but your 3D items are just never ending talent!!! You incoorporate so many elegant pretty creations and embellies onto your projects and your knack for colors is totally wonderful too!!!

You totally rocked the FBW challenge today I just love it!!!!

Gorgeous!!!

Heather

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.