Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, August 10, 2009


Happy Monday to all! It is the beginning of another week. Boy do I have a lot I would like to accomplish. Unfortunately I am not feeling well so I am not to sure what I will be able to do today. I did manage to get one card done for you at least today.

The card I am sharing today is one of my favorite sets from Sweet -n Sassy. It is called Birthday Buddies. I love the little critters in this set and I can guarantee I will be sharing more of this set with you in the future. They are the cutest and so fun to color!!!

I used the Sweet -n Sassy's Sweet Stop Sketch #16 for the layout.

I don't often make long and narrow cards so this was a neat change for me. Since I colored the skunk in skunk colors (black and white with pink cheeks and cake), I decided to use those colors for my color scheme. I love how the black makes the other colors pop.

Although it is hard to see in the picture, I tried to add more texture to my card. I used a dry embossing folder to emboss the black and the white behind the skunk. I also added liquid applique to the tail and top of the head.

The octagons are a new set of spellbinders I recently purchased. I love the shape of them and I can see they will definitely get lots of use. The border is the new Spellbinder Fleur De Lis Border set.

I haven't done the inside of the card yet but I am thinking of writing "I hope your birthday comes out smelling like a rose" I thought after the fact that it would have been fun to make it a scented card, but I did not make this one scented. Next Time!!!


Card Recipe-
Stamps- Sweet 'N Sassy- Birthday Buddies
Paper: Pink Pirouette DP, Pink Pirouette, black, white glittered paper, white CS
Tools: Spellbinders Octagons, Swiss dots embossing folder, Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Border. liquid applique
Embellishments: pearls, Offray Embroidered ribbon

I hope you all have a wonderful day!! I hope it is full of sunshine! Thanks so much for stopping by today.

19 comments:

Crystal said...

Aww Chris this is sooo cute!! Love your colors!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Hope you feel well soon Chris!! I like the longer narrower card, certainly a change from what we are used to doing. Cute card and new nesties. I like your sentiment you are thinking, goes well with the front and funny too.

Cheryl said...

This is so very cute,such a sweet image and a fantastic take on the sketch,I might have to have a go at this sketch!!! I hope you are feeling better soon.Take care!!
Hugs xx

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, your card is spectacular. I love the color combo and that border, too fun!

Cassie said...

That is very stinkin' cute, Chris! Those colors are perfect for your little skunk. Great job on that layout ;D

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

specialcraftmom4 said...

REALLY neat cards!

Jodi said...

Very cute and sweet Chris!! I love the cute image, and the color combo!
I hope that you start feeling better soon!
Take care!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Connie M. said...

hehehe! This is just way too cute, Chris!! So sorry you are not feeling well!!

Shawne said...

very cute, love the color scheme! feel better soon!

Patti J said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Hope you are better very soon... it's not fun being sick. Your card is adorable - love those colors!

Grace said...

Oh this is very cute Chris!!! I love the long card... it's a fun change! Adorable image and love the color combo... and the pretty punched edge! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

dolcreations said...

I hope you feeling better soon...no fun being sick!
Your card is adorable..I love that sketch. You don't see them long like that! Very nice!
Christine

Teresa Kline said...

nice job with the sketch, very pretty!

enjoy *~*

Dawn B. said...

Hi Chris. I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. That always affects my stamping but it sure didn't yours. I love these colors. They are my fav.. I never make this size card either. Great job. You asked about my stick pins on my card. I got everything at Hobby Lobby but have seen them at Mikes too. I just used jewelry parts. The end is the backing on earrings. You can get everything at HL or Mikes. If you need any more info just let me know...Take care.

Risa said...

Hi Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well today. Hopefully, this bad feeling will pass over and you will feel a lot better today:)
Your card is super cute Chris! Your image is adorable and I love all the details...especially the border..very yummy! The sentiment you mentioned is so perfect for your card, I love it!!
hugs
Risa:)

Priscilla said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and I love you pink shading deep inside the flowers.

Kathy Jones said...

Sorry you haven't been well Chris - hope you feel better soon! Love this adorable card - it is just so darn CUTE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it Chris!! hat color combo is always a hit in my book :). Thanks for playing along with our sketch!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.