Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, August 9, 2009
Happy Sunday!! I am finally back and trying real hard to catch up here. I thought I would leave an early post today before going off to church this morning. Thanks to everyone for stopping by while I was away and for your lovely comments.

I was so excited to find out that I was invited to be a part of the Inky Impressions team!! There are so many talented dt members there! How exciting!! They have such cute images which are so fun to color! I look forward to sharing these creations with you in the future.

Today's card is using beautiful bird image from Sweet 'n Sassy called My Little Chickadee. I had so much fun watercoloring him. I used this past Wednesday's SC240 sketch and yesterday's IC192 challenge. Stef challenged us to use a vase from a Bellacor vase site she linked us to. My inspiration can be found here. I used the colors (Brown, black, and yellow) and the circles in my design (dry embossed circles behind the image). The dp is from the newly released SU Razzleberry Lemonade dp. I love all the colors and designs in this pack of paper. The lace is from Jo Ann Fabrics.


Card Recipe
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy- My Little Chickadee
Paper- Bitter Chocolate, Crushed Curry, White, Razzleberry Lemonade
Embellishments- lace, yellow rhinestones (Michael's)
Tools: Label 4 Spellbinders die, Classic frame Spellbinders die, Cuttlebug Vintage corner die, Moroccan EK Success punch

I am so excited to see Joanne aka Sleepy in Seattle as this week's featured stamper. I can't wait to case one of her creations. Congrats Joanne!

I have missed so much and I so hope I can catch up on my blogging today and see all your wonderful creations. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!!

18 comments:

SueStampin Daly said...

very pretty!!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card...simply adore your coloring!! Good to see you back!

Michele Kovack said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your creations here are gorgeous! I am so happy to work with you this month! Fabulous card!

Sue said...

Aw, cute little chickadee, they visit my birdfeeder and bath in the bird bath. Love your coloring. Very nice.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Oh Chris! Your cards just knock me out!! I love all the things you put into the bg before you even get to the image!! That chickadee is a darling stamp, and your coloring is fabulous! I love the colors and coloring, and the cb and nesties!! WOW!

Stef H said...

glad you're back and what exciting news!!! woooo hooo! you are SOOOOO talented and every DT you're on is just lucky to have you!

gorgeous card. love the yellow!

hugs,

Crystal said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats...I just knew you would get picked Chris...I am sooo thrilled to be working with you on this dt...Hope you enjoyed your time away and to come back with fantastic news is wonderful!!

Your card is beautiful, love your use of the curry...gorgeous image!!

Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW,just beautiful......love all the layers and textures and that beautiful image!!!
Hugs xx

Patti J said...

Chris, this is beautiful! It looks like you could just reach out and touch that bird! So realistic! Wonderful job!!! (And black, white, and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations too!!!)

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Chris,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Kerri said...

This is soooo beautiful!!! I love that sweet image and all of your fabulous details : )

Kristen H said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the curry color you used, and the image is so darling. What a sweet image and all the additional embellishments you use are GREAT!!!

LINDA said...

Simply stunning.. Love it!! Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love this stamp set Chris. You've done a beautiful job with this card! Wowser! It's perfection all the way...I especially love the lace and those decorative corners. Nice!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, I like these colors together Chris and all your dies/punched elements! Very pretty indeed! Beautiful watercoloring too!
Blessings, Maria

Risa said...

Congratulations on making the Inky Impressions DT Chris! Way to go girl!
Your card is very pretty! I love the birdie and the color combo is fab!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Chris, this is just beautiful!! HUGS

Jodi said...

Good morning Chris! This is just so pretty and what a great card to wake up to! I love the colors you have chosen and the pretty layout you used too.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.