Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, August 14, 2009
Happy Friday!! Can't believe the weekend is here!!! Time just flies by so fast but I do know that my husband can't wait for the weekend to come. He was in a very good mood this morning knowing that this was his last day of work for the week. Things have been rather hectic and challenging at work for him lately. Knowing that, I also realize I better get my crafting and stamping done today because he is going to want to do something or spend time together (stamping won't be on his agenda LOL!)

Well I began early this a.m. and I was so excited to have finished today's Limited Supply Challenge (Summer is on its way out- so use a summer activity as your theme). This stamp just cried out to me. We have not had much of a summer here but each year we usually go to the ocean (which we were unable to do this summer). Using the Summer By the Sea stamp gave me a chance to reminisce on past trips to the ocean. It is such a cute image.

I used the AVS202 (Verve's second Anniversary sketch) incorporating Jackie's challenge to include sewing, Flutter By Wednesday (to include a butterfly or fairy), the Thoroughly Modern Dp, Retired SU Summer by the Sea and the Our Daily bread Designs -Birthday (butterfly stamp) for this card. I am just loving the new in color Bermuda Bay!! I water colored my image and added stickles for some sparkle. The butterflies are from the Our Daily bread Designs Happy Birthday set. I so love their versatility of these butterflies to be added as an accent on a creation. I made two of them to be dimensionalized.



Stamps: SU Summer By the Sea, Our Daily Bread Designs: Happy Birthday (Butterflies)
Paper: SU Thoroughly Modern, Bitter Chocolate, White, Watercolor paper
Tools: Circle and oval Spellbinders, Cropodile, sewing machine, SU Markers, Chalks for the background
Embellishments: Jumbo bronze brads, Sheer Brown Ribbon, Stickles

Now I have 3 more of the Verve sketches to go!! Yee ha!! What fun!!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Pretty watercoloring. Thanks for commenting om my blog, btw. Smiles!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Chris,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Connie M. said...

This is just so very pretty, Chris! I just love the colors and those beautiful chocolate bows!! WOW!!

Unknown said...

OHHH!!! Love your colors!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, some of my favorite colors.

Maria Matter said...

Sooo beautiful Chris, this image is a lovely summertime stamp! Gorgeous papers and bows!
Great job getting your crafting done so you can enjoy time with your husband, your a good wife!!
take care
Blessings, Maria

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a lovely summer scene, Chris! Your watercoloring is always fabulous, and I love your color choices here! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Chris....can you believe we're now at the tail end of summer...sniff sniff...

Have a great weekend!

Abby:)

Stef H said...

oh it's gorgeous. i love how you use ribbons! they are so "fluffy" and perfect!

enjoy your time with hubby!!!

hugs,

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Chris!!!! Love these colors and the ribbon detailing is fantastic!!!

Cheryl said...

Chris that is wonderful! Some of my most favorite colors and that wonderful set.

Crystal said...

What a great summer card!! Beautiful colors, image, everything just stands out!! Gorgeous work Chris!!!

LINDA said...

Gorgeous card..Great colors and details.
Hugs, Linda

Ann Kranitz said...

This is fantastic....enjoy your time with hubby!! I hope you do something special

Cheryl said...

So beautiful!!! What a gorgeous colour combo and so beautifully put together!!
hugs xx

Shirley said...

One of my favorite stamps and you have really done it justice! So beautiful.

Amy Johnson said...

This is such a classic stamp set that will never go out of style. Beautiful card. Love the layout and color combo. We haven't had much of a summer here either. Although its hot now, its been cold all summer. So depressing.

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful Chris. Wow. There is a little something for you on my blog if you don't mind picking it up!

Have a great day.

Roberta

Jacquel said...

What a beautiful card Chris! Your coloring is amazing...you really made that old set look fantastic! excellent work & tfs!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable Chris. I love your coloring. I am sad that summer is almost over. That means kids back at college.. But more time to stamp. Super job. Hope you and your family have a great weekend. I think hubby needs to learn to stamp so that he can have a stress reliever..LOL..

Grace said...

Chris you do such beautiful work... you blow me away every time!!! Love how you colored this and your ribbons are sooo pretty! Love the big eyelets... I have them and forget to use them! Thanks for the reminder! I love this set! I have so been wanting to go to the ocean this summer but it doesn't look like it's going to happen for us either. So your pretty card will have to be enough... it's gorgeous!

Denise Marzec said...

I love this SU set, and I haven't inked mine in a long time...I totally should! Love the way you did the ribbons and eyelets.

Nicola said...

Such wonderful colouring on this beautiful image Chris and your papers are so pretty. Loving your ribbon and stitched detail too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Stamp and Smile said...

Beautiful layout and LOVE the stitching! I'm a brown and blue color person... very calming! Such cuteness and blown away with the DP's!! Enjoy your time with hubby.... TFS! :)

Risa said...

Hi Chris,
Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the vivid colors and butterfly on the first card. The second card is my favorite. Your image is gorgeous and the color combo is yummy!
hugs
Risa:)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.