Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, August 3, 2009
Happy Monday to all!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! I had a fab weekend except for more rain. It really is quite unbelievable this summer. We have NEVER had this much rain. We are up to 32 inches for June and July. There is standing water everywhere in our yard!

To go with the weather (which is great if you are a duck? LOL!), I created a duck card using Pond Pals from Sweet -n Sassy. I made it for a friend who has been feeling quite under the weather lately and has been recently diagnosed with Lymes Disease and Bells Palsy. She is miserable. She already has Rheumatoid Arthritis real bad and the medications she is taking are counteracting eachother. I am hoping this card gives her a smile.

I used the DTGD09one_happy_stamper sketch, DTGD09blonide090277 Paper tole, DTGD09becca_stamps- Cut it out with punches and dies, DTGD09sgtstamper-shades of blue, DTGD09bevmom- Sew unexpected, DTGD09deborahlynnes - Taken with Texture and IC191 Inspiration Challenge. I was inspired by this towel at Heavenly Hostess.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet -n Sassy- Pond Pals
Paper: Cloud Nine- Flower Field, Baja Breeze White, Garden Green, Teal
Embellishments- Blue Rhinestones, Soft Sky Ribbon
Tools: EK Success Moroccan Punch, Cuttlebug Swirls and Swiss Dot Folder, Circle Nesatabilities, Copics, Sponge. Sewing Machine

AWARDS

In addition to this card, I have several awards to give away. I am so sorry it to long to post but I was not able to save things to my friends laptop and therefore just noted the blogs where I received awards and went back to save them after I got my computer back. I know that I have missed a few here and I am so sorry. Please know it is not at all intentional and I love you all!!


The first award was given to my by my dear friends Linda and Christine. Their kindness, endless ambition, and creativity inspire me. Thanks for thinking of me Christine! It is a real honor. The rules are to link the award to who you received it from, list ten true things about yourself and award it to 10 others. This is a really tough one for me because I don't have too many interesting things to tell. But here it goes:
1. I was an elementary school teacher, special education teacher, and an assistant principal prior to staying home with my girls.
2. I now homeschool my two girls: Nicole, 10 and Meghan, 7. I love it most days but some days can be trying. I know it is the best thing for my girls and I enjoy the time I can spend with them.
3. I had a terrible time with pregnancies and was sick ALL the time. I had natural delivery for my first and was in labor for 64 hours. My daughter had severe collic for the first year and I swore I would not have another. But I did so my first daughter was not an only child!! My second delivery ended up in a C section after 48 hours labor and the baby being in stress. She too had Colic!! I am done!!! Love my little girls but 2 times is it!
4. I currently have one sister and one brother. I had another brother who died when he was an infant.
5. I really am kind of shy and reserved and it took a while for me to get a blog started as a result.
6. I grew up on a dairy farm as a child.
7. Both my parents immigrated from different parts of the Netherlands when they were teens.
8. I went to college 12 hours from home and barely had the opportunity to come home. I hated it there. I stuck it out and received an awesome education but I hated it in Michigan.
9. My husband and I originally planned to elope but decided to have a very small wedding where our parents and immediate siblings could attend. I am so glad we did as his Mom's cancer returned right before we were married. She passed away a few years later after a hard battle. (I really miss her and never a day goes by that I don't think about her.
10. In addition to crafting I like to camp, play with my girls, play piano and sing.

I would like to pass this award to some super blogging friends with some real talent who have inspired me with their creations and their kindness.
1. Michelle- Daydreams by Michelle
2. Jane- The Paper Affair
3. Kathy- Inspired to Stamp
4. Maria- Joyful Stamper
5. Kim- Stamping Between The Laundry and Dirty Dishes
6.Charlotte- Designs from Within
7. Sue- Mc Mahon Five
8. Jessica- Solocosmo
9. Cathy- My Creative Space
10. Jeni- Jeni's Custom Cards

The next awards comes from my blogging friends Stef, Lynn, Cheryl, Jean and Becky! I love them dearly and enjoy visiting their blogs daily. They inspire me not just with their creativity and amazing talent but with their example and kindness. They always put a smile on my face! Thanks girls for this honor and for always making my day. I would like to pass each award on to five to ten blogging friends since most of these awards I received double.



1. Barb- Albums and Cards = Blessings
2. Jodi- Inked Inspirations
3. Denise- KC242 Designs by Denise
4. Lynn- Spyder's Corner
5. Lovely Linda- Lovely Linda's Craft Central
6. Carolyn- Creative Card Corner
7. Vicki - Summerthyme Studio
8. Charlene- Where M&m's Gather
9. Becca- Amazing Paper Grace
10. Deborah- Dream in Color

1. Cassie- For the Art of It
2. Ann- Stamp with Me
3. Michelle- Michelle's Creative Journey
4. Grace- Th-ink-ing of You
5. Leilia- Green Goddess Creations
6. Chris- Blessings Ink
7. Tina- Wooded Views
8. Lorelie-My Paper Adventures
9. Silke- My Life


1. Cheryl- My Cardmaking Haven
2. Nicola- Nicola's Creations
3. Stef- Glitterbabe Greetings
4. Vicki- Stamped Smiles
5. Angie C.- Body Mind Spirit and Stamps
6. Priscilla- Priscilla Styles
7. Connie- McStampin Dusk til Dawn
8. Abby- Abby's Garden
9. Risa- Life's Simple Pleasures
10. Riet- Riet's Blog

1. Nancy- Southern Yankee Crafter
2. Shawne- Paper Art from Studio 313
3. Judy- Joy in a Jar
4. Jane- Anything But Plain Jane
5. Sandee- Simply Southern Sandee
6. Christine- Change of Heart
7. Becky- A Diamond in the Rough
8. Anne- Inking in Red
9. Sonya- The Pink Paper Penguin

1. Crystal- Crystal's Crafty Creations
2. Nicola- Nicola's Creations
3. Lorraine- Coldwaters
4. Patty J.- Cherish Each Precious Day
5. Betty- Stamping to the Wright



1. Kimmie- Kimmie Kayes Designs
2. Heather- Heather's Heavinly Stampations
3. Kim- Impress Yourself
4. Harriet- Allycat Cards
5. Danielle- Paper Inspirations by Danielle

This last award goes to all my followers that I may have missed!! Thanks for always inspiring me and making me smile!!!

Hope you have a great day!
Hugs and blessings,
Chris

33 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on all of these fabulous awards, and girl you deserve them, you are so gifted, your creations are so detailed and always so lovely.
Thank you for thinking of me, I am so blessed, but I own this award too, :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all of these awards hun!! Thank you ever so much for thinking of me!! I just ADORE your sweet ducky card!! So fun and the layout is just fabulous!! You rock girl!! HUGS

Tina said...

So super cute! The layout is incredible as is all your layering.

Vicki G said...

Your card is absolutely delcious!!! Thanks for the award.......wow that's a lot of them!!!! You've been a busy lady since I've had the opportunity to blog surf........love all your creations!

Hugs,

Vicki

Danielle said...

I love this duck image and the card you've done! Those cattail embellishments are awesome!
Hugs, Danielle
ps. Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing on that beautiful award! :)

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

First of all the card is adorable, such a cute little duck and great paper.
2nd, thank you for the award, you certainly are in my Circle of Friends! I appreciate the support you give me in my endeavors!
Hugs!

Chris said...

Thanks for the award Chris! :) What fun.

Your card is amazing...it has so many fine details, it must have taken forever but it shows! Wonderful...

Patti J said...

I love your card, Chris! I am going today to look at the stamps at Sweet and Sassy! I don't have any, and I'm feeling quite left ou as they are so cute! Thanks for the award - you are so sweet! This blog entry must have taken you forEVer - you are such a sweetie! Hugs!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Chris what a wonderful display of awards golly gosh lol...but you so do deserve each and everyone, you are one awesome lady and crafter and have always been such a great inspiration I thank you with all my heart for thinking of me with this award although I already have it I love that you thought of me that means more to me than anything. I also adore your card it is quite beautiful.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.
Thank you very much your the award.

Hugs Riet.x

Crystal said...

AWWW Chris you are SOOOO SWEET!! Thanks for thinking of me...I will post it with my post today!!! Hugs!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Chris, this card along with all of your cards, amazes me! I am not surprised at all these awards you've received! Thank you so much for the award - my very first one which makes it even more special!! Hugs, Harriet

Kerri said...

This is sooo adorable, Chris! It is sure to give your friend a smile : )

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Oops, I'll try again on that. First off it was nice to learn more about you Chris, some I knew, some not. Second thank you for the Scrap award, I'll see what I can do and lastly - you sure have alot of card making and blogging friends. Hope your friend gets well, my hubby had Bells Palsy - makes it hard to smile but I am sure it will warm her heart to know you cared enough to send your very best!!

Danni said...

What a sweet card! Awesome job!
Congrats on all the awards! and thank you for your kind words on my blog today.
It was neat to read some things about you!!

Emily said...

This looks awesome! Love the colors you used! Great layout too! That image is adorable! Love the stitching! Congrats on your awards!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Thank you so much Chris. :) I liked learning a little more about you. It's seems we have several things in common besides crafting, including colic in babies and homeschooling. I love your little duck card! Could you send some of your rain my way? I live in the very dry Southwest and we sure could use some moisture! :) Michelle

Sue McMahon said...

WOW! You spent some time giving out awards. Thank you so much! It was fun learning more about you! I'm so sorry you hated it here in Michigan. The older I get the more the cold winter days bother me, but I sure do love the fall!

I love that cute little duck card too! So sweet.

Michelle said...

First off thanks for the award - that is very kind of you! Second your card is awesome - I so hope it brings some peace to your friend. It sounds like she's going through a very difficult time! Lastly I have to comment on WOW you know a lot of bloggers!! Good for you - how awesome to receive and give so many awards - you are blessed!!

Connie M. said...

Oh my Chris! What a crazy amount of awards!! Each and every one of them so well deserved!! Thank you so much for passing one onto me! You are just the sweetest!

Your ducky card is just adorable too!

Christine said...

Your a second generation American. That's great!

Thanks for the award. I really appreciate it.

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Wow Chris it's pretty clear you're a special lady....so many lovely awards! Thanks so much for passing one along to me. I sincerely appreciate your kindness. Your creations inspire me daily:)

Abby:)

dolcreations said...

Wow..what alot of time you have put into all the awards....very thoughtful of you! Your duckie card is just so adorable!
Christine

Maria Matter said...

Wowza Chris, congrats on your awards!!!!
A testimony that you're a lovely person!!! with a great blog!!! :)
Thanks you for thinking of me, I awful at posting awards...I have a post like yours in my drafts! lol You may have just inspired me!!!
many blessings, Maria

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love all the textures and colours and such a sweet image!!! You are always an inspiration!!
WOW so many awards,but I am not surprised....you have an amazing talent and are a beautiful person.I am so honoured that you thought of me,thankyou my dear friend.
Hugs xx

Shawne said...

Aww, you are so sweet to think of me among all of these other great card artist! I really appreciate it, with my time off I'm feeling a little out of the loop so it is nice! I had about 2 min. to check in on the computer while hubby had baby so it was a great ssurprise, now he is calling me(poopy diaper!) thank you, You are a big inspiration to us all, p.s I know about the looong labor w/ c- section. My first was a surprise breech! :)

Joy said...

Congratulations on all your blog awards! checking out your blog...you are very deserving of them =) I am enjoying your cards! found you through Jodi...Inked Inspirations. this is a fun site to visit! love your cards you have created! thanks for the inspiration!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Chris! Thank you so much for the award! You are so very sweet! I'll get this on my blog as quick as I can! And congrats on all of your awards! You are so sweet and encouraging that I am not surprised! Have a great week!

Spyder said...

Thank you soooo much for this award Chris! (I haven't got this one!!) I will place it on my sde bar with a link back to you!Congrats on all your blogging awards!and thank you for thinking of me!

((Lyn))

Carolyn said...

Chris~ I am so honored that you thought of me for this award. You have become such a wonderful friend and fabulous DT sister. I just love working alongside you on the MMDT. You are an amazingly talented woman with so many admirable characteristics. You are an inspiration is so many ways, and I can see why you were given so many awards. You deserve them ALL!! I loved reading a bit more about you and can totally relate to the long labors and rough baby times. Had that will ALL of mine. You are a special person. Thanks again!!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Priscilla said...

thank you Chris..you are so sweet..I am off to post it to my blog awards post.

Kim said...

My goodness, Chris! So many awards!! Sorry I am so slow in coming by! Thank you so much for awarding one of these to me!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.