Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, August 27, 2009
Good Morning!! I hope you are all doing well. Today is the day I leave to go camping. Before going, I have the privelege of going to meet a friend for brunch two hours from here. I would have rather not have done it today and waited until a day I had more time but she starts teaching again next week. Boohoo! There is such a distance between us, that it is hard to get together as often as we would like. I am so excited to go see her today!!! She is such a special friend and I have missed her so!

I did manage to get most of the camper packed. Scott, my dear husband, told me not to worry about getting done on time. It is a vacation he says. LOL why didn't I think of that. No, I did know that but didn't want to let the kids or him down if they wanted to leave at a decent time.
The forecast isn't looking so good. Rain again! I am praying real hard that they are wrong. This summer, however, the forecasts with rain were never wrong. I feel like we live in the rainforest sometimes. Just kidding!

Well today I wanted to share a card I made with one of the sweet Sarah Kay images: Fanny's Cuddle. I love her illustrations and I can't get enough of these stamps.

I made this card for a friend of mine's niece. Hope she liked it. Her favorite color is pink. The paper is from Basic grey and Walk in the Park (SU). Love the combo together. I used an old MMSC sketch. Loved this sketch!! Some people have been asking about the punch I have been using for some of my borders. This is Moracco Lace from EK Success. I bought it at Michaels.


Well I better get going! Hope you all have a fab day. I plan to schedule a few posts for while I am away so I may be gone from my home but not my blog.

blessings,
Chris

27 comments:

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Chris and love the image you used! Hope you have a great time with your family!!

Betty Wright said...

This is so adorable, Chris!!! The paper pieced dress is stunning. I love paper piecing clothing as it makes me think of paper dolls. Fabulous sewing detailing, too!!! Great card!!! Enjoy camping!!! Blessings!!!

Denise Clark said...

Just precious, Chris! The image is so sweet and you showcased her beautifully. There's that punch again and I love it! I have to get to Michael's and check it out! The papers you chose are terrific together and very fitting for the image. Love your corners!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - sp precious!!! I love this Sarah Kay image too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

stampinfrog said...

Chris this card is gorgeous! Love the papers and the Sarah Kay image is soooooo cute and colored so beautifully!
Have a great time with your family!
Hugs,Connie

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the oolors and that image is adorable!! Hugs, Cathy

Patti J said...

I received some new Sarah Kay images in the mail yesterday - can't wait to ink them up! Love your card - beautiful job of coloring, and matching the DP's...and I do so love that punch! Have a wonderful trip with your family! We want to see pictures when you return. Hugs and blessings...

Tina said...

So adorable. Have fun camping!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Your colouring is amazing and these papers are just scrumptious! Very lovely layout which showcases the image so beautifully! Have a great time camping with the family and I'll be praying with you to keep the rain away!!
Hugs, Danielle

Lorie said...

A beautiful card Chris! Have a super time camping and I've said a prayer that God would keep you safe and rain free! :o)

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is just gorgeous!! I love your papers, texture and coloring!! They are always outstanding! :) HUGS

Cheryl said...

Stunning......always gorgeous colouring,texture and stitching!!! I love it!!
Hugs xx

Maria Matter said...

oh so beautiful! What lovely papers you've chosen to compliment this sweet SK image! Just beautiful Chris!
Rain, rain go away....have a wonderful vaca!

I have something on my blog for you! :)

Blessings, Maria

Lisa Foster said...

Chris this is so pretty! Hope you have fun camping...I'll pray for sunshine for ya! Have a safe trip! Hugs, Lisa

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This is just darling Chris!! Have fun brunching with your friend, and camping too!!

Holly Young said...

Wow Chris, your sewing on this is so special! I love your coloring and the layout on the card too.
Have a great time with your friend, and I hope the weather clears up for your vacation!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally gorgeous!! Love Fanny's Cuddle and the papers you chose. BEAUTIFUL card!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodnes, Chirs, you have me drooling again ;D. I love Sarah Kay and this little card is just outof this world gorgeous. I have always loved pink and brown together and this is no different. GORGEOUS!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lori said...

I think any girl would love this card. The dp's are fantastic together! Have a wonderful trip, relaxing, if that is possible while camping, (I'm not a camper lol).

Crystal said...

OO Chris this is one of my FAV dps...Beautiful girl!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jodi said...

Oh so cute! I love these images too!! I love the pink you used for the card and your pretty coloring of course!
Hugs
Jodi =)

dolcreations said...

Have a great time with your family. I hope the weather does cooperate for you!
Your card is just precious. I love that image and how you have coloured her all up! Love the layout!
Christine

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Chris..this image is just lovely! Awesome card! :)

Chris said...

Hope you have a wonderful (and dry!) trip together with your family. What a great friend you are to go 2 hours for lunch on a day that is already so busy...wishing you the best!

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Chris. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Hugs Michele x

Nicola said...

Wow Chris, I adore the depth to this fabulous creation. Your image is coloured to perfection as always and your stitched detail is so pretty. It is always a pleasure to browse your blog as eye candy is always here.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.