Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, August 22, 2009
I was going to say good morning but now I see it is past noon!!! Where does the time go?!!! I had such an awesome morning!! Not only did I create a card using one of my fave sets from Our Daily Bread Designs, I got to meet my great friend and dt sister Grace (Th-ink-ing of You) for a coffee at Dunkin Donuts!! It was so fun to just sit down and chat with her for an hour!!!!! rather than chatting through cyberspace! She is just as sweet as I knew she would be and we had an awesome time together!! She is out from NC visiting her father in law this weekend in NY which gave us the opportunity to meet up!! What a blessing it was!! Thanks Grace for making time to get together. I so enjoyed spending time with your husband and daughter as well!!

Well...I was saying I had made a card for today's IC194. I used these two photos from the Pylones site as my inspiration: Pink flowers and Butterflies. I used the Happy Birthday set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I loved all the pink in the inspiration so I chose to use Rasberry Tart paper from SU and the Regal Rose CS. All the borders around the circle, butterflies and the verse are from the same stamp set. It is just so versatile and you can do so much with it! I added the hatpin, sewing, and corners to give it some elegance.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- Happy Birthday
Paper: Rasberry Tart Paper, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, White CS
Accessories: Spellbinders Label 3, Spellbinders Circles, Vintage Corner die from Cuttlebug, Regal Rose Ribbon, Swiss Dots and Leaves Embossing Folder, EK Success Moracco Lace Punch,
Hero Arts Pearls, hatpin, pearl and pink crystal beads.

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you have an awesome weekend!!! I can't wait to be inspired by your creations!

blessings,
Chris


24 comments:

dolcreations said...

Your Daisy Wedding card is just so pretty. So soft and elegant. I just love it! Your tart blooms card is so beautiful as well. I love the finishing touches you give your cards! You
always give such fine details to your cards.
Christine

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, Chris, what a stunning card. Just gorgeous. Wow, and you've got to meet Grace in person! How special is that!? Have a blessed weekend, Sabrina

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Chris - love that colour combo! Glad you had a great time with Grace - bet it was nice to put a face to your blogging buddy!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LINDA said...

Gorgeous card.. Love the colors.. Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

Stef H said...

isn't it just the greatest when you can meet someone that you've only talked to thru emails and/or blogs? i look forward to the day i get to meet YOU!

of course your card is beautiful. that raspberry tart paper just works beautifully for you here. me? eh! and i love that you sew on your cards! just gorgeous!

hugs,

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Chris this is amazing! Looks like you and I had the same 'pink' frame of mind today! I love the border at the bottom, the hatpin and your design is perfect! Just a gorgeous creation!

Dawn B. said...

I am so glad you got to meet Grace. Isn't she awesome. I get to see her soon I hope. We live so close and don't get together enough. Your card is super. I love the stitching and this verse is really great with the butterflies. I think this paper is probably one of my favs. You always have the best layouts on your cards. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Sounds like you have had a super day, Chris. How fun to meet a cyber friend irl. Your card is just beautiful. The detail is amazing.

Kristine said...

Chris, this is so beautiful!! And what a super time you must've had with Grace! That's soo awesome!! I hope to meet some of my online friends IRL one day...even just one would be absolutely wonderful! (I'm kinda in the boonies) LOL - gorgeous card though!

Crystal said...

Chris your ic card is stunning!! I just love those butterflies and how you did your images around the sentiment...Beautiful work as always sweetie!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Curt in Indy said...

Gorgeous colors on this one! And your detail is awesome! Beautiful! Best, Curt

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh how much fun to meet an online friend. I hope we will get a chance soon to meet. It is just 2 hours after all. This card layout today is very pretty. I love that little panel on the side. Great job!!

Holly Young said...

So pretty Chris! I love the colors you chose but I really like how the label frames that circle! Glad you had a good morning. It's always fun to meet up with a kindrid spirit!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Chris this is a stunning creation love the colours and design and that sentiment...I can remember that this was the words to one of my favourite songs in church and really did want to make you rejoice.....excellent work.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Such a pretty card Chris, love the pretty papers and all the wonderful details. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Karen W said...

Very pretty Chris, love the colors and everything about this.

Beate said...

Beautiful! So soft and pretty!
Hugs and smiles

Janie said...

How pretty! I love the pink and the butterflies!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful combination of DPs with the butterflies and your stitching is right on the mark!

Jodi said...

Another pretty creation Chris!! I just love the layout of your card and the color combo!!
Hope you had a good weekend!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Deb Neerman said...

Stunning!

Grace said...

Oh goodness Chris, this is soooo pretty! I LOVE all the pink and your fab sewing!!! Great use of this set! OMGoodness I had so much fun meeting you in person... you are just as sweet in person as you are on line!!! It was the highlight of my trip!!! I hope we can do it again when we have more time! You never cease to amaze me with your talent gf!!! Gorgeous is all I can say!

Anonymous said...

What a very beautiful work of art Chris!! Love the layout and the pearls with the stick pin are so gorgeous!! :) HUGS

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.