Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Good Morning All!!! After reading my previous post, I decided I just had to break it up into two since it is just entirely TOO long for me. I encourage you to read the next post for the awards given out and the monthly prizes!

Congrats to Shawne on the DT Miss Congeniality Award. You are so deserving. I appreciate your friendship and your amazing talent. What an honor to be on a dt with you! Also congrats to Rowena at Crafty Pagan for winning this week's Gold Star Award!!

Although this info that I am about to share is redundant of my former post, I felt it was important to share since many of the Midnight Madness SC Designers are using this week's weekly bonus donor's digis or products.

This week our sponsor is Sue McMahon from “McMahon Five Designs” She is also one of my dt sisters. A few months ago, she opened an online store called "McMahon Five Designs". She currently offers digi’s, "REAL" wood paper , embellishments & is adding new items every week! She even has a that rewards you in store cash for displaying the McMahon Five Designs Logo on your blog. Click here for more details. Make sure to scroll down to the next post to see what you can win from her store.

You won't want to miss the info on the Monthly Bonus Give Away offered by Simon Says Stamp. They have generously donated a $50 gift voucher to their store. Scroll down to the next post for more info.

MMSC14
Here is the sketch that was designed by Sue. Many of the dt are featuring digis or products from Sue on their cards this week.


THIS WEEKS SKETCH


I used Sue's clematis image which is available in her store. I decided to make the image the focal point using a bright pink and black to make it pop. I had a hard time getting a good picture that would show the texture on the black. It is dry embossed with the textile embossing folder although it is not noticeable in this picture. The image was colored with prisma color pencils and gamsol and embossed several times for a shiny look. They were cut out and layered on dimensionals. I sewed the edges of the card in a silver metallic thread.




Card Recipe:
Digi- Clematis- from McMahon Five Design
Paper: Black, white, Magenta CS
Tools: Spellbinders Rennaissance Hearts border, Textile and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Mega curved rectangles Spellbinders Die
Embellishments: pink rhinestones, sheer white ribbon, black velvet ribbo, hodgepodge hardware

I hope this inspires you to create and maybe even create using one of Sue's Digis or this sketch. If you do use this sketch, please post your direct link to Mr. Linky here. If you upload your creation to SCS, please use the keyword MMSC14. For more inspiration using this sketch or the digi's available at Sue's store, please visit my dt sisters:
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I did start to visit blogs yesterday but then had severe thunderstorms with hail and horrid wind so I shut down my computer. It was a horrific storm and I didn't want to lose my computer again. Thankfully I am feeling much better today, so I do look forward to seeing your awesome creations.

blessings,
Chris

29 comments:

Danielle said...

Very beautiful card Chris! I love your colouring of the clematis! The papers and layout work together so beautifully!
Hugs, Danielle

Cindy Haffner said...

YOUR CARD IS GORGEOUS.

Tina said...

This is magnificent!

Patti J said...

Wow! That silver thread really shows up beautifully on your dark background. Great card!!!

Anonymous said...

What a really GORGEOUS creation!! I love this!! HUGS

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Chris :) this is a gorgeous take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Juls said...

gorgeous! love the striking colour combo and the shine on those flowers! love it!

Joani McDonald said...

Oh how beautiful! I love how you embossed the flowers to make them shine! Very, very nice!
Thanks for your bit of inspiration!
Hugs,
Joani

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow, is this gorgeous Chris! I LOVE the clematis image and how you've colored it! Your design around it is soooo appealing!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful....so peaceful and elegant and I love Clematis. I also love the colours and the shiny effect on the flowers fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Gorgeous job Chris! I think this Clematis is just glowing. Your comment on Priscilla's site had me cracking up. You're so cute and funny.. So glad I get to be your friend, xox ~Jeni

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL - love the color combo, so striking! Your flowers are gorgeous...great card (as usual, my friend!).

Crystal said...

Wow Chris this is sooo gorgeous, love these colors and those flowers..STUNNING!!! Beautiful work!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love the image and colours.

Jodi said...

Very pretty card with this floral image! I love the silver thread you used too!! Love your 3D effect on the flowers too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Chris, I really like those colors you chosen for your card. I like the way you colored the flowers and glossed them, almost looks like a morning rain. You know all about that this year!! Beautiful!!

Carolyn said...

This is gorgeous, Chris! I made a card with this image, but mine did not turn out nearly as beautiful as yours. I may have the courage to post it to my blog one day, but I will wait until long after people have seen this beauty. I really love the pink/black color combo. Very sharp!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Chris!! Love the border behind the sentiment treatment!!

Michelle said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love it!

Stef H said...

not as busy as usual but it's gorgeous none-the-less! i love the pink and i love the flowers and i love that border. just gorgeous!

hugs,

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Chris this is such a pretty card, I love the color combo and you are right the Clematis do POP with the black and pink. Your coloring is gorgeous and I love how the flowers shine! Beautiful as always.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Kathy Jones said...

OOOoooooh this is awesome Chris!!! LOVE the colours you've used and that funky ribbon treatment across the bottom and of course it just wouldn't be a 'Chris' card without all that stunning sewing!!!!! Wonderful my friend!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally GORGEOUS card, Chris! Love it!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - your MMSC cards seem to be in a league of their own, well, along with all of your other cards! This is gorgeous, I love that image and those colours are divine!! There is always something else to see when I visit your Blog - stunning Chris!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Sue McMahon said...

Chris, I am so amazed at what you did with this Clematis Digi! It's so pretty being shiny and glazed! I would have never thought to do that. FANTASTIC card! Thank you again so much for using one of my images. It is truly a pleasure to see what you will create!

Sue

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card! Love the Clematis!

Kristine said...

This is SOOO PRETTY! Seriously...love these colors and your amazing coloring on those flowers...and that crystal effects is the perfect touch! :)

OH MY GOODNESS! So, what a coincidence that Sue from McMahon Five Designs is one of our sponsors for our new challenge blog as well and you and I are both on the Inky Team together! :) LOL. FUn!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Chris, I'm so behind this week since school started. One of my favorite flowers are clematis. They are so beautiful and you've re-created these just wonderfully. I love the shading, they look so real. :) Michelle

Carol Hurlock said...

Chris, I love how you made the Clematis so shiny...wouldn't they look pretty as a brooch? Your colors are dreamy and perfect. What a beauty.
Bear hugs,
Carol
www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.