Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, August 16, 2009
Good Morning!! Happy Sunday!! I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!! Today I wanted to leave you with a brief post before church and going away for the day. My dear husband and I needed a change of pace so we are leaving for the day.

The card I am sharing with you today is for the Verve Anniversary Sketches. I also incorporated Jackies challenge to include sewing on a card. This is my third one AVS203!!! Woohoo! Two to go!! On SC, they challenged their readers in Limited Supplies Forum to create a card with a summer theme. Since I like to garden during the summer and watch the hummingbirds and butterflies, I decided butterflies and flowers would be perfect for my creation. I used the set -In His Time from Sweet n Sassy Stamps I just love this butterfly!! The colors and some of the design were inspired by this photo from yesterday's IC193. The dp is Basic Grey Bittersweet. Since I wanted to add some texture but I didn't want to make the sentiment unlegible, I embossed the panel using the negative side of the Textile embossing folder.



Card Recipe:
STamps: Sweet N Sassy Stamps- In His Time
Paper: Bittersweet DP from Basic Grey
Accessories: Morocca Lace punch from EK Success, pink ribbon, pearls, Rectangle nestabilities, sewing machine, vintage corner die, Juicy Prima Dandie, Textile embossing folder


Today is the beginning of a new challenge which sounds like so much fun!! It is located at the new site Stampin' Sisters in Christ. It is an Inspirational Scripture challenge! This challenge wil biweekly (the first, third, and fifth Sunday of the month). Click on over and check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!! If you do stop by, please leave a comment so I know you were here and can return the favor.

Blessings,
Chris

23 comments:

Nicola said...

Stunning card Chris, I love your layering and embossing. Your butterfly is gorgeous and sentiment so sweet. Your papers are so pretty and your flower and ribbon are beautiful accents.
Take care sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful, Chris! Love the pinks and the butterfly is gorgeous! Enjoy your day!

Stef H said...

you know what i'm going to say, right? yep. you got it! it's GORGEOUS! gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! ok. so i said it 3 times! it's gorgeous!

hugs,

Cassie said...

What a lovely card, Chris! I hope you have a wonderful day with your man, and that it is just what you need ;D

dolcreations said...

wow..your cards are just full of great detail that just leaves me with such inspiration!
Christine

Michelle said...

Oh my how beautiful is this!! love the colors and of course the flowers and butterfly are awesome!! What a beautiful card, Chris! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love the papers and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Carolyn said...

This is so gorgeous, Chris!! I LOVE these colors. You have such a way of putting a beautiful card together. Your butterfly is lovely, and I can't get enough of that border punch. Enjoy your day away today. Wish we could do that more often. Summer will be over before we know it. :(

Hugs,
Carolyn

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Chris!!! Love these colors and your detailing!!!

Cheryl said...

Stunning!!! Gorgeous papers and images......and such a fabulous design!!
Hugs xx

Maria Matter said...

So pretty! I like the embossed white panel with the sentiment....beautiful corners and butterfly too!
Hope you had a nice relaxing time away!
Blessings, Maria

Stamp and Smile said...

Thank SO much Chris for all your lovely comments on my blog... I'm so far behind on returning! LOL!

Your card is very elegant and great colors! And such a fabulous butterfly... no details missed! SMILES... Michelle :)

Lovely Linda said...

Chris, your card is gorgeous - I say this every card, but it is true each time! I love your colours and that adorable butterfly - but most of all I love that scripture!!! Thanks for sharing!! I am going straight over to check out the new Sisters in Chirst challenge - how exciting!! Hope you and your DH has some quality time together! God bless you my friend {{{hugs}}}

Cheryl said...

Chris I hope that you and your hubby had a wonderful day. Your card is stunning and I really like the way you used the negative side of the embossed panel.

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Chris! The colours are lovely and that verse is so beautiful in its simplicity! I hope you enjoyed a beautiful day out with the family!
Hugs, Danielle

Unknown said...

So very pretty!!! Love it!

Carol L said...

Your card is just stunning! I love everything about it! Beautifully designed and created!

Jacquel said...

I love this card Chris! It's absolutely beautiful...tfs!!!

Barb said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and all of the layers & details!

Kathy Jones said...

*SIGH* Such a gorgeous card Chris!!! Love the colours you've used, beautiful flower and butterfly, love the embossed BG, corners and of course the pearls!!!!! Absolutely devine!!

Jodi said...

Just beautiful Chris!! Sorry I have been MIA, just so hectic lately, and Saturday I attended a function that had about 35 people but maybe 25 were bloggers and the rest crafters only. I have a pic on my blog now. =) Wish you could be here to join in the fun!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Nancy said...

WOW!!!
Another Gorgeous card.
I love that butterfly on the DT.
Great paper and colors.
I'm glad you are a GD for Sweet n' Sassy, or I never would have found your blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow Chris,
your card is sooo fantastic. Beautiful colours and very pretty paper. Great!
Hugs Andrea

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.