Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, August 26, 2009


Good Morning!!! Today is Wednesday and it is time for another Inky Impressions Challenge!! I just love these adorable images. This week Tonya created a sketch!! How Fun!! She challenged us (and you) to create a card with her sketch using an Inky Impressions Stamp.

Here is the sketch:


[sketchgif.gif]

This is my take on the sketch. I used the Lili's Prayer stamp from Inky Impressions. I just love this paper. I just bought the K&Co. Classics boxed set and this is some of the exquisite paper in it! I just love this red and brown with the gold. I colored my image with Prisma color pencils and gamsol. I cut out the image and popped it up on dimensionals. Rather than add extra layers around the Label 4 cut piece, I brushed the edges with gold to separate it from the background paper. The flower is hand crocheted and layered with some Primas (also from Michael's).


CARD RECIPE:
Stamps: Inky Impressions- Lili's prayer
Paper: K&Co., Glossy Gold Metallic
Accessories: Oval punch, Rennaissance Border from Spellbinders, Ivory lace from Wright, primas, hand crocheted flower, pearls, Spellbinders Oval and Label 4

Thanks for stopping by. I will be back very shortly with today's Flutter by Challenge featuring stamps from Sweet N Sassy.

Have a great day!!

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Chris wow girl LOVE your take on the sketch...what a sweet sweet card!! I love your papers and the touch of gold...BEAUTIFUL!!

dolcreations said...

Love your take on your sketch. The papers are just gorgeous and just love that image how you coloured her all up!
Christine

Holly Young said...

ooh, I love the colors you chose on this! The lace is really a nice touch and I love the flourish behind your flower. Great job on hand crocheting that flower too!

Sandy said...

I love the deep rich colors of this card! It's gorgeous, just like all your cards.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww,what a beautiful card Chris,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the papers and pretty lace.....and a fabulous take on the sketch!!
Hugs xx

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, is this gorgeous or what?!?! Wow, Chris the richness of this card is breathtaking. Absolutely amazing card!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Priscilla said...

Wow what a great card :) Just love it!!

Anonymous said...

Chris - beautiful card! Love the frame w/the gold on the edges...love the oval layered on the label die! Lili is so sweet and you've colored her up to go so well w/the pattern papers...did you crochet your own flower? have a great trip!
Pam Going Postal

Kristine said...

Hi Chris! This is sooo gorgeous!! Leave it to YOU to make a cute li'l praying girl into an elegant masterpiece!! LOVE your papers and colors especially. So stunning! =0)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Chris, this is just gorgeous hun!! I love the coloring, the lace and all the gorgeous details!! HUGS

Jodi said...

Very pretty vintage card!! Love these colors and the way you colored her! The lace is perfect for it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

stampinfrog said...

Hi Chris! This is a gorgeous card!Love the papers and the sweet image is colored so beautifully!!
Hugs,Connie

Lori said...

Very nice! I love these colors too, and this little gal is so adorable. Nice coloring.

cats whiskers said...

What a fab card dear love the colours and colouring and that lace is the perfect touch
Hugs Jacqui x

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.