Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, February 5, 2010


Woohoo it's nearly the weekend...and it's time for a new challenge at Wags n Whiskers!

This week Nikki is hosting our challenge. She is asking you to use metal somewhere on your card or project. This could be charms, spacer beads, head pins, brads or any metal embellishment.

To play our challenges you must use a Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamp as your main image to be entered into the prize drawing. If you don't have any Wags 'n Whiskers, you can go shopping here.

Once again, one lovely participant will win a Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamp of their choice.

For my creation I used Ride Em Ryan. I actually had a little boy in mind when I created this card. Last week I went to the Wags n Whiskers blog where I saw this. It really tugged at my heart strings and I thought the least I could do is make a card for him.

Here is the letter I read:


Dear Blog Friends,

I know you all love to make cards so what's better than to do something you realy enjoy and at the same time make a little boy happy in the most difficult time of his young life? Daan, the son of my sisters friend, is 4 years old and has a brain tumor which is sadly enough incurable. More and more body functions fail such as his legs can't carry him anymore. At the moment he gets radiation because his parents and the doctors will make his life as easy as possible and ofcourse no one will loose hope! I think it is heartbreaking and I'm so sad that I can't do anything to help him! That's why I ask you girls to make him a funny card so he has something good to look forward to and I think it will help his parents and two little sisters (Sacha (6) and Anna (2))as well. I also want to ask you to keep him in you prayers or send a little positive energy and thoughts to him, because you never know! Do you want to join in this small gesture, please send an e-mail to creatiefonline@upcmail.nl so I can send you the address you can send the card to. I like to thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Love, Renata

Maybe this plea for help tugs at your heart strings as well. You too can send a card to Daan, age 4. You can find the address by emailing creatiefonline@upmail.nl.


No back to my creation....In addition to making this card for Daan and the Wags n Whiskers Challenge I also incorporated

1. the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge hosted by Helen Phelps
2. hearts from Secret Crafter Saturday
3. die cuts for Practical Scrappers,
4. spots and dots for Cute Card Thursday
5. hearts for Raise the Bar

Here is the scripture and challenge for Stampin sisters in Christ.

SCRIPTURE:

Matthew 18:4 "Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

CHALLENGE:

Make a card or project with an image of a child or childlike things on it (such as toys or a saying about children), but not a baby card.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Ride Em Ryan from Wags N Whiskers
Papers : To the Nines Specialty paper from SU, Bitter Chocotlate Bazzill
Accessories: Label 4 spellbinders, Distressed stripes embossing folder, Swirls embossing folder, MS heart border punch, boot charm from Stamp and Create


I hope you enjoyed my creation. For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Sharon, Nikki, Lacey, Jacqui, Michele, Karen, Inge, Tina, Jeanette

We can't wait to see what you create. If you do create a card or project with a charm or some sort of metal, please leave a direct link on the Wags n Whiskers blog here.

Oh....almost forgot....this coming week we will be having sneak peaks of the new release of Wags n Whiskers images starting Wednesday at all the team members blogs. On Friday we will be having a blog hop with lots of fun. These images are super cute so you won't want to miss stopping by.

Well....I have a question...anyone else having glitches with blogger. Yikes it took forever to get the post done and I could not upload my photos. I actually had to switch from Firefox to Internet explorer to finish my post.....Slow.....I sure hope whatever it is rectified soon so I can go blog hopping today. For some reason my computer keeps freezing in Firefox. I can access things through Internet Explorer but the speed.....UGHHHHHH!

Anywhoo....hope to see you all later...thank for stopping by and for all your sweet comments. I can't wait to get a cup of tea and be inspired by your creations this a.m.

hugs and blessings,
Chris

40 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Your card Chris is super cute!Love the little cowboy image and fantastic coloring!
Hugs,Connie

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Chris! Your cowboy image is super sweet and beautifully colored!
Take care and have a beautiful weekend!
hugs
Risa:)

Jodie from Oz said...

Chris, your card is beautiful, a wonderful gesture and I am sure it will be some comfort for Daan and his family. Have a great weekend. hugs Jodie from Oz

Cheryl said...

How beautiful...you are so sweet Chris...and yes, that letter tugged at me too! Daan will absolutely love this....great colors, perfect for a lil boy!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, wow what a fabulous card, I love that image, youve coloured it so beautifully. The card design is gorgeous. And thank you so much for your beautiful comments you leave me. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
This is a beautiful card for a wee boy. I love the colours and your image is fantastic. I'm sure young Daan will love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, this is just too cute!! Love the way you've embossed the Labels 4 panel and the colors, so totally boy :D. Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Helen said...

This card is so gorgeous! I love everything about it, including your heart for sending it to the little boy. They are going to love it!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
Blessings!
~H

Amy Johnson said...

oooh, this has to be the cutest image I've ever seen, and you did such a great job with it. I love the charm, the embossed background, and the twine. And how sweet of you to send this to that poor little boy.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is fantastic, such a darling card, and the charm finishes it off. Thank you for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week. Great use of die cuts too!
Hugs
Tanya

RosesMarijke said...

Very gorgeous card!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Chris, love this! All the textures and layers ... so much eye-candy!! Love that l'il boot charm too!

Holly Young said...

Chris this card is just flippin' adorable! I love all of the texture and of course that darling little boot charm! Daan will surely enjoy this little cowboy!

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is just darling sweetie!! I love your image and your charm is so sweet and goes perfectly with it!! ;) You work magic with your creations hun!! Have a great weekend!! HUGS

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Chris this card is amazing! The detailing is unbelievable and that is one of my very favorite images. Your coloring is fantastic and love the distressing. The wrapped twine, the embossing, the layering, it's just all gorgeous! And what a wonderful thing you've done making it for Daan! Fantastic card! Have a great weekend! hugs!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

fantastic card chris !! love the ryan image .
hugs tina46

Pamela said...

This card is amazing. there is so much work put into it! I can't believe all the detail and I love the little charm!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Thank you for passing that email along. Do you know if it is on the prayer request line that ODB started at SCS?

I love the card you made! I love the different types of embossing you used, and that precious, "Howdy Partner!" And, to me, it looks like the little boy on his rocking horse
is almost infront of the card...like a room.

Beautiful, work!

BTW, do you know your music isn't playing this week? I usually turn it on to listen to, while I do other things. I just wanted to make sure you knew. Have a fabulous weekend!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Chris and I love all the details and added texture, cute charm too! What a perfect card for a special little boy, Hugs, Nikki x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Chris. Love the way you've coloured the adorable Ryan and all the details also. Hugs Michele x

Mina said...

stunning card Chris its beautiful, I love the background
Mina xxx

Christine said...

Stunning creation gorgeous colour combo & that beautiful image love it all..thanks for joining us at SCSC

Hugs Christine xx

Crystal said...

Hey sweetie, this is darling, LOVE that charm and these fabby colors!!! This is soooooooo sweet!!!

Me and my little one have been under the weather, haven't created much this week :( Hope you have a wonderful weekend can't wait to see your post tomorrow!

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Francie G. said...

Such a sweet image, Chris! Your details are amazing! Beautifully done!

Such a heartbreaking story about little Daan! May God bless him and his family!

Darlene said...

This is so adorable Chris and all your little "extras" are perfect! I'm so sorry to hear about this little guy's health issues ... your card will certainly help put a smile on his face!!

Darlene said...

Ooops, forgot to thank you for joining us at Raise the Bar! THANKS HUN!!!

Debby said...

Thanks for the info on Daan! And yes yay for the weekend. I love this little guy. How clever you embossed and added color to your nestie background. I love it.

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! You have such a knack for pulling all the elements together so nicely!
I've heard many people saying they are having issues with posting to blogger..hope it's resolved soon!

cheryl said...

stuning card hun,you really can make the most stunning designs hugs cheryl xxxx

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris this card is so wonderful and I agree reading that letter really does pull at the heart strings! Beth

~*Joni said...

Oh Chris this card is so sweet! Look at that adorable image, he is just the cutest with his stuffed horse in tow. Love the way you added the heart - very sweet with all the stitching as details. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

cabio's craft corner said...

You always have the unique touch on your card. I love the way you picked your DP & embellishments for your creations. They are always so much fun to look at. Love that boot charm for this image, very cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Denise Marzec said...

This is SOOOOOOO FUN! I love the stripes behind the main image and how you did the criss-cross twine. Cool!

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Chris
Your colouring is just beautiful, awesome design and details.
Have a great weekend

Karen x

Rebecca said...

That embossing folder is so perfect for a background for a little cowboy. Love it!

Cathy said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for joining in the ABC and SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

di said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is absolutely amazing! It is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing a long with us at Practical Scrappers!

Tasha said...

Wow this is really beautiful. i love the image and your choice of colours
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.