Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today I am so excited to be sharing both the Saturday Spotlight Challenge and the first weekly Our Daily Bread designs Challenge!!!

Woo hoo! Today is the first weekly challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!!! The challenge team has so much to share with you!


CHALLENGE: Since Valentines is quickly approaching, the team is challenging you to use hearts. The hearts can be on your designer paper, in your image, on your embellishments (ribbons, pearls, gems, charms and etc.)


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, February 11. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.

As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will also be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by February 11 at 8 p.m. EST.

If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC1. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge:

This is a lunchbox I made using Lauren Meader's Lunch box template, the Our Daily Bread Designs stamp sets Sing to the Lord (image), Friendship (flourishes) and He Watches Me (Sentiment-A bird does not sing because he has an answer, he sings because he has a song). The paper is new yummy paper from Basic Grey called Origins. This is fast becoming one of my faves....maybe because it is so springy looking.


In addition to incorporating the hearts for Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the light Challenge, I also incorporated the new Assignment Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs hosted by Betty. This week's challenge and assignment are:

The Assignment: ODBD Sing to the Lord stamp set.

The challenge: Adding Dimension and Texture!

Lunch Box recipe:

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- He Watches Me, Sing to the Lord , Friendship

Paper: Origins from Basic Grey, very vanilla and garden green CS,

Accessories: Spellbinders Fleur De Lis, May Arts Light Green Grosgrain ribbon, ZVA Creative pearls

Lauren Meader's Lunch box template


other challenges:
Raise the Bar~ hearts
Creative Belli~ribbon.
Dutch Dare~summer theme.
Pile It On~non winter colors.
Pollycraft~things w/wings
Practical Scrappers~die cuts

This really was a fun project to make. I loved adding all the different textures and details.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

America Kuhn
Christine Okken
Francie Gumprecht
Natalie Dever
Patter Cross
Sabrina Jackson

I sure hope you get a chance to join the challenge. We sure would love to see your creations!


*************************************************************************

Saturday Spotlight Challenge #17 Teeny Tiny

For this week's challenge.....

The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to go the opposite from last week's challenge and think "teeny tiny" when making your creation this week!! ;) Please feel free to interpret this as you see fit!!


For our Spotlight sponsor this week we have...

Independent Distributor Kathe Slack from:

click HERE to go to her Angel store.

**One lucky winner from the entrants for the teeny tiny challenge this week drawn from random.org will receive this really AWESOME stamp set! **

MY TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE:

I had so much fun with this challenge!! I used Leigh Ann Bairds smaller version included in the Cute Carton Template for my treat container and made a matching little scraplet card to go with it. My image and sentiment is from the SU True Friend set and the Bloomin Beautiful set. The paper is from some Time Flies scraps I had in my scrap bin. The colors are inspired by Die Cut Dreams Challenge and the Divine Diva Inspiration

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are inspired by my creation to join this week's challenge. For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:

*Vicki (creator/coordinator)
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Jodi

REMINDERS For The Saturday Spotlight:
Be sure to place the DIRECT link to your creation in Mister Linky in order to qualify to win the prize from our sponsors or voting for the top 3 creations before Friday at 3 p.m.

If you upload your creation to an on-line gallery, please be sure to label it with the keywords SSHP17

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you enjoyed all my creations. I sure enjoyed creating them!! I hope you are having a great weekend!

blessings,
Chris

54 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

All of these are FANNNNNNNNN-TASTIC girl. I'm especially in love with that lunch box. So many gorgeous details. WONDERFULLY done!

Cheryl said...

Oh my Chris....I am speechless! Your lunchbox is absolutely GORGEOUS! Those papers are so pretty, as is the bird...you did an amazing job girl...I wish we lived closer for you to show me how to make one! : )

Ohhhhh, and I love your second set too! That is one of my fave SU! sets, and I love the black/white/red....awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOOOOOOW!!! Chris, your creations are all so stunning!! That lunch box is just adorable girl!! How exciting to be starting up challenges!! :) And speaking of challenges, you sure did an awesome job with the tiny projects too!! Such a sweet box and card hun!! Hope you have a fabby weekend my friend!! HUGS

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Chris, totally stunning, how do you do it!!! Your lunch box is just amazing, love all your wonderful detail/embellishments on all your creations! Have a fantastic weekend, take careX:)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
These are all stunning. I love all you colours and the detail on each is fantastic. If I had to chose a favourite it would be that gorgeous lunchbox but it's a difficult choice. Thanks for sharing these.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Chris, OMG, girlie, you are on a roll today. I adore that darling lunchbox! Your heart punch and that dainty Fleur De Lis, is just stunning! Love your image too! Then to your teeny tiny....wow, so striking, love the red, black, and white! you are amazing!
Thanks for linking up to Practical Scrappers again this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Angelwood said...

Hi Chris, love how you've decorated the lunch box template. Very pretty! Wonderful papers and very pretty image. :0) Angela

Mummylade said...

That lunch box is absolutely adorable!

Becky said...

This lunch box is awesome, and the teeny tiny is gorgeous. Do you ever have a bad day?? :)

dolcreations said...

Oh my, that lunch box is so darn cute. I love those papers that you used on there! That image is so suitable for the box! Wonderful work..again!

Francie G. said...

You are on a roll, Chris! So many gorgeous creations!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome creations, Chris! These gift boxes are amazing -- they don't even need to be filled because they are gifts just by themselves!! Of course a little chocolate would never hurt...

The scraplet card is gorgeous and proves that not only can tiny projects still pack big 'Wow' factor, but using scraps is possible, too!!

Crystal said...

WOWZA Sweetie GORGEOUS projects!!! WOW you are amazing Chris!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Chris you are indeed one of the most talented and inspiring artists in blogland. I am always amazed at what you create every week! Have a good weekend....I believe you and I are both snowed in on the east coast:)

Jane Wetzel said...

talk about hitting a home run...WOW CHRIS!!!

Grace said...

Both your projects are soooo fabulous Chris! I just love this lunch box and the yummy ribbon on it... and what a great way to work in all these challenges! Your tiny challenge scraplet and little milk carton are just too cute! Way to go on both my friend!!! You totally rocked them all! Whoo hoo on the start of this new hourney with weekly challenges on ODBD!!! Great job with that too!!! Hugs!

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous projects Chris!The lunch box is a big WOW!Love the papers!
Hugs,Connie

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, I so envy your ability to create such stunning projects and both of these are stunning. You certainly are one talented lady. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Kerri said...

Seriously, Chris! These are both AMAZING!!! I need to get some of that new BG paper and the second set with the red/white/black combo is fabulous! Love it all, girl! Have a wonderful weekend : )

Spyder said...

These are lovely, I wouldn't know where to start!! Amazing makes, I just love it!! Papers are really pretty, wish I'd bought back a siut case full from the States instead of a dozen!!
Followers Awards on my blog, I'd love you to pop over and choose one!!

ChristineCreations said...

Your embellishing on the ODBD lunch box is just amazing Chris. You've given it such beauty too with the colors!

And WOW what beautiful pop of color on the other. That's gorgeous!

Holly Young said...

Chris, these are both such beautiful projects! You have got to be the embellishment queen!

Sue said...

oh wow these creations are stunning,beautiful colours and a lovely crisp clean finish to them all,thanks for joining us at pollycraft

sue
xx

~*Joni said...

What an adorable lunch box - such perfect colors for the sweet image. I love the heart border around the edge, your creations are just so wonderful Chris! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week, we love your participation!

Nicola said...

Wowee Chris your creations are so beautiful, I am always in awe of your creative skills. Ooh the lunchbox is fantabulous, loving the colours and beautifully coloured bird - details as always are mind blowing. I adore the colour combo of red/black/white and treat container and scraplet are so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Victoria said...

Wow Chris I'm so jealous I didn't make this!!! It's absolutely gorgeous

thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Susie Sugar said...

Chris both are fantastic projects you are an amazing crafter everything you touch is a masterpiece
Also thank you for being a great guest designer for us this week
Thank you for playing with us at the DCD challenge this week we hope you will join us again next week, good luck
Hugs Susie xx

Gaz, Caz n Lucy in NZ said...

wow your work is truly beautiful, love it all. thanks so much for joining us over ata PS

Rebecca said...

These are fabulous. I love the dp on the lunch box, I can definitely see why you like it so much. I love that quote, too. And the red and black projects look so elegant. Nicely done!

Karen said...

Wow Chris, brilliant work, you're so clever. Thanks for joining us at DCD and for being our GDT.
xx

cheryl said...

wow these are all stunning gosh would love to be able to create something half as stunning as these hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Dawn B. said...

These are terrific projects Chris..The teenie tiny project is perfect for this challenge. Great creations...

Betty Wright said...

Chris, this is wonderful! Beautiful colors and detailing! Lovely project! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

Danni said...

More wonderful, inspiring, fabulous creations! You are so talented!

Audrey said...

What a beautiful birdhouse. I love the DP you used. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You are so talented! Stunning work!

Darlene said...

OMGosh Chris ... Both of your creations on this post are amazing! You are such a talent! Thanks for all the inspiration you share with us week after week!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!

What an amazing "teeny-tiny" you made! How in the world did you get that piece to stand up! I have no idea where we need to send the teeny-tiny entry...but hopefully, you or one of your guests will let me know. (please)

My husband is pretty unhappy for his birthday next week with a BIGGER number than he has ever had...I think I might make him a tiny birthday card...you know,not make a big deal out of it! LOL

You are so talented and so creative. Thanks for showing me/us all of your great accomplishments!

He IS Able,
Traci S. (Traci S. is how you can find me at SCS.)

Anne Harada said...

Wow Chris, what wonderful cards and projects!! You are one busy lady!! I especially love that little milk carton! The new ODBD challenges sound like they're going to be fun!! TFS your amazing talent!! Hugs, Anne

Unknown said...

Fabulous projects!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers this week!

Emma said...

Wow such stunning creations, beautiful colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Dawn said...

fabulous Chris!!

Lori said...

Classy, Chris! The colors and stamp sets are so pretty together.

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Chris, what wonderful inspiration, these are all beautiful creations. Donna x

Jennifer said...

This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Jodie from Oz said...

Chris, oh my these are wonderful, I love the colour combo, a fab take on the challenge.
Hugs Jdie from Oz

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Chris, your projects always take my breath away!! thanks for adding ribbon to so many to play in the Belli Challenge!

Darsie Bruno said...

This is just stunning! Thanks for joining us on the Belli Challenge!

BlueRose said...

Hi Chris, just wanted to say HI. I just love looking at your cards they are so filled with detail everyone is stunning♥ Thanks

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Chris-Both the lunch box and the little box are spectacular. You really have a gift for bringing the gorgeous details and embellishments. Absolutely wonderful again!

Bear hugs,
Carol :o}

Silli said...

OH Chris, your creations are so wonderful...I love your work...Happy day! Hugs

Davi said...

Wowzer, beautiful creations you have made. The great soft colors on the one and the bold on the other!!

Chrissy D said...

Both of these are WONDERFUL! Love this! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge! Join us again next Wednesday!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Chris....every little detail on all your cards and projects is absolute perfection!!!! Your eye for color and design is amazing!!!!Thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge...it's such a pleasure to visit and drool over your gorgeous work!!!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.