Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, February 20, 2010
Happy Saturday Everyone!! The weekend is here!!!! Our Daily Bread Designs and Saturday Spotlight are kicking off the weekend with a challenge!


This week's challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs- Shining the Light Challenge:

Since it is February and we are acknowledging national hero’s (President’s day) or people who are special to us (Valentine’s Day) in the U.S. , the challenge team is challenging you to acknowledge and case a crafter you admire or a creation you admire changing just two elements to make it our own.


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!
Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, February 25. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.

As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our
Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by February 25 at 8 p.m. EST.

If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC3. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


Now on to my take on the challenge!!....
I am always in awe of many bloggers and their creations that this was indeed a challenge for me. I finally decided that I just loved the elegance of this creation by my dear friend and dt sister Angie Crockett, at Body Mind Spirit and Stamps. Angie has so many jaw dropping creations and you really should pop by her blog. I chose to case this card. ( This is not nearly as gorgeous as the original by Angie so you really should check out that link) I changed my colors from pink to green, added pearls around the edge of the scallops, changed the punch I used to a MS flower vine punch, and added the hummingbird charm. I also incorporated the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge which was to make a card or project for someone you love letting them know how much God loves them. I think this sentiment says it all.


card recipe:
Stamps: Sing for Joy from Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: Basic Grey Origins, Gable Green, White
Accessories: hummingbird charm, pearls, Martha Stewart Flower Vine punch, Victoria Embossing folder, paper piercer, May Arts Light Green Ribbon

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

I hope you get a chance to create for this challenge. We so enjoy seeing everyone's creations.

************************************************************





Now on to today's Saturday Spotlight Challenge....

For this week's challenge.....
The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to do the Mess Around. Make your creation "messy" by distressing with ink, tearing edges, wrinkling car d stock, etc.

For our Spotlight sponsor this week we have...

Denise from




One Lucky winner will be randomly chosen to win a $15 gift Certific ate to be used at the Whimsy Stamps store....You could even use it for purchasing an image from their new Mythical Fairies and sentiment release on Feb 17 (4 fa iries and new sentiments)!! I know I love these stamps and I will be placing an order soon!!



Here is my take on the challenge:


For my creation, I used a special limited edition carousel horse digital image called Wing of Hope selling for $4 at Whimsy Stamps here. All proceeds (minus any Pay Pal fees) from the sale of this image will be sent to the American Red Cross disaster relief for Haiti.

This digital image will only be available to purchase, in digital format, from now until February 28th, 2010.

I had fun coloring this digi with my prisma color pencils and gamsol. The wings I gave a distressed look in keeping with the "Messy" challenge. Al the edges of my cardstock and dp is distressed as well with a distressing tool. I just recently purchased the dp from Michael's. I just love the colors and the patterns of this Tim Coffey (k&co. paper).

I used the sketch from the Everybody Art Challenge.

I also incorporated the challenges:
Stamp Something: think spring (colors, flowers, butterflies)
Everybody Art Challenge.- sketch
Little paper shop challenge Distressing
SophistiCat challenge Stitching
Crafty creations challenge Stitching
The pink elephant challenge Ribbon
Little red wagon Challenge ribbon
Pile it on challenge/ Flowers
Crafty Angels Challenge Flowers
Flutterby Wednesday- butterflies
Sketches by Tamara- recipe-staple, stamp and stitching
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge- digital coloring
Cute Card Thursday- metal mania
Fussy and Fancy- Dazzle Us- my flower is sparkly
Practical Scrappers- Flowers
Cuttlebug Challenge- Stitching
Creative Belli Challenge- butterflies or dragon flies

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

*Vicki (creator/coordinator)
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Jodi

REMINDERS For The Saturday Spotlight:
Be sure to place the DIRECT link to your creation in Mister Linky in order to qualify to win the prize from our sponsors or voting for the top 3 creations before Friday at 3 p.m.

If you upload your creation to an on-line gallery, please be sure to label it with the keywords SSHP19

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you enjoyed all my creations. I sure enjoyed creating them!! I hope you are having a great weekend!

72 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Chris this is a beautifully distressed card.. I love the image you chose..This is perfect for today's challenge.. Your cardstock is such a pretty color...Thanks so much for filling in and helping Vicki out...Have a great weekend.

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautiful cards - love 'em! Love the dove charm hanging from the bow!

Unknown said...

Chris great cards, love them both, love the verse on the top one, thank you so much for taking the time to share with us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
These are beautifully crafted card. I love the inspirational verse on the first one and the detail on the second one is awesome. Beautiful crafting work. Stunning cards.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Grace said...

Oh Chris you always blow me away!!! I just don't know what to say sometimes! Your case card is just beautiful and I love the soft greens! Love the verse you used and it a beautiful card you cased of Angies too! Your second one is amazing! Such a unique sketch and fab papers!!! Love that new dp!!! Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Okay Chris....how do you find-the-time???? Your creations are always STUNNING!! Your first one is absolutely GORGEOUS with those greens...I always have a hard time with greens, so I might have to case this one! LOL...

Your second one has so many beautiful details, I don't even know where to begin! Do you also scrapbook? I can only image how fantastic those layouts would be too!

Seriously girl, you are SUPER-talented!!

Enjoy your weekend! xoxo

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Chris!Love the papers and the verse on the first is perfect and the Wings of Hope Carousel horse is colored beautifully!Love the distress look!
Hugs,Connie

Francie G. said...

Two beauties in one day! The ODBD creation is just gorgeous, Chris! Your details are amazing! The embossed background and yummy ribbon are perfect with the lovely dp! Both cards are so beautifully done! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs!

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris - your ODBD card is beautiful!!!! Wonderful take on Angella's card!!!

Your Sketch card is another BEAUTY...so much details...!!! I wish I could do that...LOL!!! Keep them coming!!! Hugs ~S~

Rosanne said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for Piling It On!

Darlene said...

Both creations are truly AMAZING!!!! You always inspire me and today even more! You are an amazing person to keep up with ALL OF THIS and do such a BEAUTIFUL job on each & every one!! YOU ROCK!!!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Chris these are TOTALLY gorgeous!!!! I love how you used the wings of hope image...my goodness girl Denise will LOVE this and so do I!!!! You are sooooooo talented sweetie!!!!! Hugs!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, that digi horse is gorgeous I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and your first card is so lovely and stunning. With love and ugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the softness that all those greens together create. where did you get the charms Chris? I love them.

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi Chris! these both are just beautiful. The first one with the amazing soft greens and the second one is over the top with color, beauty and texture! GREAT use of charms on each! Hugs,

Jennifer said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the colors, and it has inspired me to purchase the digital stamp myself. Great card! Thanks for joining us at PIO. Hugs!

Lori said...

Fantastic! Do you think up a card in your head and out it comes? I can't get over how you create so many beautiful cards and find the challenges to put them into! Your rock, girl

Amy Johnson said...

Both cards are so lovely. I love the embossing and pearls on the first card...and the charm is the perfect finishing touch. Love the second card too! The colors and papers are great!

Danielle said...

Two gorgeous cards Chris! Wow - the spiritual verse is so beautiful and I just love the colour and that dove charm!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Shawne said...

Oh my goodness, I am speechless! really, I saw the first card and was thinking how beautiful and then the second...BAM! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, what can I say besides you rock in so many more way than one!! :) BOTH of your creations are just GORGEOUS!! I really adore that winged hope image and you've done such a stunning job with it of course!! I am so very blessed to know you!! You are one amazing lady and I so appreciate your hard work with EVERYTHING!! BIG HUGS to you and ENJOY your weekend my friend!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Chris, they really are stunning
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cats
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stef H said...

oh are these both gorgeous! just gorgeous. i just love the green one! glad ur home safe & sound.

hugs ♥

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful cards Chris!!! I love your work hun, and have left something for you on my blog!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Tina said...

Amazing cards, so full of detail. I love all the layers and stitching.

LORi said...

WOW...not one, but 2 fabulous cards...love that green ribbon on the first one!!
So happy you shared with The Pink Elephant this week!!

HUGS - LORi

The Pink Elephant Blog

Anonymous said...

Wow-again, Chris!

If you look at these two cards side by side...they look like they are from two different people's art!

I have said it before, and it deserves to be said again...You are so diverse in your art. You can switch from "elegant romanticism" or a "lovely pure angel" to "extreme chaos" that you make look so beautiful! I love how even your "messy" art is so colorful, and has the mark of YOUR art...all of those many details coming together to make something extraordinary! Thank you so much for sharing it all with me/us!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Chris,i love your images and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Chris, just beautiful!!!
love the colors and scripture on your first card.
Your SSHP card ROCKS with all those layers and stitching!

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Crystal said...

Gorgeous work! THanks for playing at P.S.

Danni said...

More gorgeous, wonderful cards!!

Patter Cross said...

Chris, stunning again! I LOVE the green on your ODBD card! Everything about it is amazing. You used just the perfect touches in the perfect places. Love it! Blessings,

Anonymous said...

Two very beautiful cards!!!!.great to see you ..
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges..look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Chris......your CASE is AWESOME!!! I love those colors and the way you have highlighted those scallopes in the border even more with the pearls...genius.
And your second card...OMGOSH, a piece of ART!!!I love all of those layers and embellishments....so gorgeous!! You never cease to amae me my friend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Unknown said...

Oh honey, you always leave me with my jaw dropping onto the floor! You inspire me in such a delightful way. I say ditto to the comment directly above this one...
You always amaze me with gorgeous creations!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Annette Bowes said...

Chris, more wonderful creations, I so agree with Sabrina, have a fantastic weekend, take careX:)

cheryl said...

chris once again this is just fantastic gosh love coming to see what you create and you never disapoint me you are a wonderful inspiration hun hugs cheryl xx

gina g said...

Hi Chris These are gorgeous i love the verse and big bow on the first one, and the image and detail are beautiful on the second one. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge again this week. luv gina xx

Audrey said...

Wow! Stunning card. I love everything about it.
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

theneon said...

Chris, more amazing work -- it is just so fun to come visit and see what you've been doing.

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful cards!! Love that carousel horse!

Denise Marzec said...

You are AMAZING! Love the fresh green on the first one and that hummingbird charm. The details on the second one.....WOWIE!....totally amazing!

Kristine said...

OOOOHHHH CHRIS! I am in love with your green card! I love every single part of it from the verse to the colors to the gorgeous leafy border punch and pearls--this is so fresh and LOVELY! Definately my FAVE!! :) Thank you so much for playing along with us--this is surely going to bless your recipient *Ü*

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love them both!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Deanna said...

Beautiful Bow!
Dee - LRW

Anonymous said...

Oh my is this gorgeous! I have to agree with Kristine in saying that I love everything about it. You can't go wrong when you start with a great person to CASE. Thanks for sharing your art with us at SSCC.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!! Your case of Angie's is FANTABULOUS!!!! I love your take on it and of course all the pearls around the verse!!! :)

The second card is wonderful too - full of all your special touches and done in your classic signature style!!

Karen W said...

All of them are just so pretty. Gorgeous!

Tracey said...

Your cards are always so gorgeous Chris!! I love these!! xx

Alyssa S said...

All I can say is WOW! I love that border punch on the first card and the second card is amazing! There is so much going on but it all works so well together. It's just gorgeous!!

RosesMarijke said...

Very...very...beautiful cards!!

Karen Wilson said...

Wow Chris. I have to tell you, you inspire me every week with your creations. You make me want to get my stuff out and try those sketches. Your work is beautiful!

Carol Hurlock said...

Chris I just love both of your cards. I looked at the Carousel horse yesterday and fell in love with it. What an exceptional creation. I love the color of the ODB card and the wonderful embossing, charm and lace...perfection at it's best. I did the SSHP yesterday and you will see it tomorrow. I really tore it up and it is something different from me. It was so much fun.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Yvonne Hagane said...

They are both fantastic cards, Chris! I just love the green color on the first one. Sooo classy and elegant, and the second is just so fun! Your work is always gorgeous!

Zoe said...

Hello Chris, I love both of your awesome cards and I love the charms on both of your cards.
love
Zoe
xxxx

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, where do I start...Both your cards are beautiful!!! The green colors are just lovely and the image on the second card is sooo pretty!!! I just love the coloring, colors, sewing, papers, flowers, charms....everything is absolutely gorgeous, Chris!!!!!

Rachel Witthaus said...

Wow - gorgeous creations! I love the moody colours of the second card. Thanks for sharing :)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Nice job! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Cheryl said...

I have missed seeing your gorgeous creations and as always your attention to detail is magnificent!!! Beautiful work!!
Hugs xx

Jeanette said...

Messy is very nice the way you do it. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at FlutterBy.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Chris, I am totally honored that you would choose one of my cards to case for the "Secret Admirer" challenge!! Your card is so awesome!!!! And I love you too, sister!!! God Bless!!!!

Risa said...

Hello Chris,
Both of your cards are stunners! Your detailing is awesome and your color combo rocks!
hugs
Risa:)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning cards!

Allison Rankin said...

Love these design and ♥ that paper!

Jodi said...

Chris, oh both of your cards are gorgeous! Love the card you did for Saturday Spotlight! Very pretty image and love the colors you used too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris absolutely I enjoyed these two creations! Beth

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous creations Chris! Love the tiny butterfly punch addition! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous cards, Chris! Your ODBD card is a stunner! I love all of the wonderful details on your second card. Thanks for playing along with us again on the Belli Challenge!

Tamara Wheeler said...

What a Gorgeous Card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches! {by tamara}

{tamara}

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh what a hbeautiful card. Love the DP and all the stitching.

Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy & Fancy.

Kelley said...

More and more awesome cards! Such a treat for the eyes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Why is it that your "messy" does not look at all like my "messy?"

I made a bookmark for SSHP19, and I wanted to leave everyone a comment at that blog. Well, I went to do it...and they didn't have the "anonymous" choice, yet they required comments.

Here was mine:

"Hi there! I think I may have gone overboard with my "Distressing." At least you can surely call it "messy!"

This is my first time doing this particular type of challenge. I need to work on falling between "distressing" and "ruining."

You have an awesome team!!! I loved everyones examples! How great!

He IS Able,
Traci S."

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.