Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Thursday everyone!! Today is another Divine Diva Challenge and Lori sent this inspiration:


Yes..this is in the tropics. This is a picture of a hotel that Lori will be staying at. Lucky girl!! I am away but not there. Boo hoo. I am upstate New York visiting my parents in the boonies where it is even colder than home. Now what's up with that? Should have rethought my time away....just kidding...it is great spending time with family and I have been looking forward to this!

Anywho....here is my take on the challenge:

When I was looking through my stamps and papers, I did not see any palm trees or pools or chairs, or stucco....so I was inspired by the bright blue tile in the pool and the leaves. I decided to make a "keeper box" using the template from Leigh Ann Baird and little 3x3 note cards.





stamps: Sketch an event, Forest Friends, God's Beauty all from SU
Paper: White and SU Pacific Point DP
Accessories: Ribbon, silver baubles, piercer, victoria embossing folder, script embossing folder, little leaves sizzix die, button
Template for Keeper Box from Leigh Ann Baird

Challenges:
Our Creative Corner- Something old from your stash- Sketch an event stampset- I don't think I have used in 3 years
Totally Papercrafts Challenge- buttons and bows
Allsorts Challenge: 1,2,3- 1 button on my box, 2 colors, 3 papers (Pacific Point, white , Pacific point dp)

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

Anne
Lori
Donna
Julie
Kerri


Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC22. Have fun!!

Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!! Have a great day!

blessings,
Chris

33 comments:

Chris said...

Love the blue and white cards - so clean looking and elegant!

Guylaine Seyer said...

this is awesome
very cute!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

What a gorgeous color! Very pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

Stef H said...

oh i absolutely love the blue! this is all fabulous!

hugs ♥

Crystal said...

WOW LOVE your box you created....This is fabulous and what a great job with the inspiration!!!!! I just love that blue color!!! AWWW so glad you stopped by to say hello I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family!!! Miss you girl!!! Hugs!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

The blue is just gorgeous, Chris! fabulous project. Hope you're having fun with family!

Cheryl said...

Awesome Chris! What a neat box, and your cards are gorgeous hun...love all of those details!

Have fun with your fam : )

Tina said...

Spectacular, as always! Amazing color choice.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
This box is beautiful. I love the paper and the ribbon is fabulous. The card are really great with the selection of images and the punched borders and ribbons. I this this set is marvellous

Lisa Foster said...

What a fabulous project! I love the box as well as the gorgeous notecards! Just incredible as always, My Friend!!! :)
Hugs,
Lisa
P.S. Congrats on winning the GD spot on DS&C :)We're all so excited!!!

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is simply gorgeous.. Love the colors.Very lovely project!!
Hugs, Linda

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, girl, this is stunning!!! I absolutely love your colors and all of those little touches like the embossing, piercing, pearls....AWESOME!!! I'll have to try to make one of these cool gift sets. They sure would make nice teacher gifts and just because gifts ;D. Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Unknown said...

Chris, if this box of beautiful cards needs a home, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Absolutely stunning!!!

Kerri said...

OOH, I love your take on the inspiration! Your keeper box looks fabulous, and those cards are gorgeous! Glad you're having a good time with your family : )

Donna said...

Beautiful! Hope you're enjoying your time off!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just amazing, Chris! I don't know how you get so much done. You're such an over-achiever, lol. I love your wonderful set and the keeper box is fantastic.

Grace said...

Chris I love this box! You pulled off the IC beautifully! Love the blue and white! Hope you are warming up up there! Today it's finally starting to feel like a normal winter day here! Your project amazes me... just fabulous! You rock gf!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fabulous card set! Gorgeous shade of blue!

Deb Neerman said...

Wow, just fabulous, Chris! LOVE that rich blue and white combination. A fab set!!

Shirley N said...

Hey Chris, this is a fab project. You've totally inspired me!!!

Holly Young said...

Chris, each of your notecards is lovely! The blue and white are so clean and fresh looking. Wonderful box you've created as well. Enjoy your visit with your family!

Rachel said...

WOW Chris!!! this is gorgeous! love that blue and your keeper box is too cute!!
hugs,
Rachel

Shawne said...

Ooooh, awesome little card set, I love things like this, it is really really pretty! Hope all is well with you!
xx

Carol L said...

Chris, this is fantastic!!! The rich blue color is amazing and each card is just beautiful! All the embossing and great stamping is so pleasing to the eye, and the box is fantastic!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous inspired Set!!! Love the box and each card...!!! The Silver Pearls rock and are the perfect embellishment :)!!!

Have fun with your parents!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

This is a great set, Chris! Love the blue and white combo!

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow what an amazing set! I adore the colour scheme you have used and everything is just perfect! Wonderful work! xx

Harriet H said...

Beautiful card and I love the papers and your design on Leigh Ann's template..

Harriet

America said...

BEAUTIFUL BOX SET!!! Love those pearls!!!!

Ciacchina said...

bellissime, molto eleganti!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is an eye popper Chris. I love that rich vibrant blue and your simplistic elegance in this fabulous creation. You seem to be able to do any style artistry with perfection. Well done my friend.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

redstamper7 said...

Sweeeet! What a refreshing color combination and so well put together. Very nice!

Lori Rider said...

Sorry that I'm so late in commenting - I had to wait till getting to the airport to get a good enough wireless connection! :) I just love your card set - the designs are wonderful and so is the box. I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to get one of these sweet little beauties!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.