Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, December 4, 2009
Happy Friday Everyone!! Today is time for yet another Wags n Whiskers Challenge. The stamps are so darling and next week there is another new release coming out.
This week's challenge is all about Distressing! So tear some paper, ink up those edges, or rough something up!!

There is an AWESOME prize for one winner this week!! Are you ready?...

One lucky participant will win one of the NEW RELEASE stamps of your choice!!

Yes, you heard that right...

We are having a new release NEXT Friday - December 11th!!!

The Sneak Peeks will begin on Wednesday, December 9th...more on Thursday, December 10th...followed by a Blog Hop and Release on Friday, December 11th!


In order to be entered into the drawing for one free stamp from the December Release, you must make a card using a Wags 'n Whiskers stamp, add some distressing, and link it to Mr. Linky on this Wags n Whiskers Challenge Blog post!!

Click here if you would like to order a Wags 'n Whiskers stamp.

Here is my take on today's Challenge:



I used the stamp Budding Artist from Wags n Whiskers and colored her with Prisma color pencils and Gamsol. the ribbon trim at the top is made of greenish blue Memory box trim and a brown grosgrain ribbon that I ruffled. I distressed the edges with a distresser and also distressed the sides of my image panel and image with ink I have filled my can with craft goodies. Each year I buy new art supplies for my girls at Christmas as stocking stuffers and this year I plan to give them their own art supply can.

Can recipe:
Stamps: Wags N Whiskers- Budding Artist
Paper: SEI- Bisette dp, Bazill Bitter Chocolate, White cs
Accessories: Memory Box trim, brown grosgrain, buttons from stash, circle nestabilities, medium sized paint can

oh.....I want to welcome my dear friend, Michele Roos
, and former dt sister to the dt team at Wags N Whiskers. Michele is so creative and I just love her creations. Her coloring is awesome and her creations of flowers....oh my. Welcome Michele!!! I am excited to be working with you on Wags n Whiskers.

For more inspiration for this challenge, you really must check out my dt sisters fab distressed creations:
Sharon
Karen
Nikki
Jacqui
Jeanette
Lacey


I hope you enjoyed my creation today and that you have a great weekend with lots of time to create. I hope to blog hop, start putting up Christmas decorations and try to catch up on my Christmas card making. I am so behind!!!

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments. You make me smile!! I will be back tomorrow with my new Saturday Spotlight Creation. There is another fun challenge in store for you this week!

30 comments:

Nicola said...

Your daughters will love these for sure Chris. Your image is gorgeous and coloured to your normal perfection. Love your distressing and ribbons.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Stef H said...

oh it's stunning. i'm a "budding artist" do i get a can too???? only kidding!

hugs,

Cheryl said...

Too cute Chris! Wow girl, you've got lots of layers and details on this one....love that ruffled-ribbon!

Hope you have a great weekend girlfriend : )

Kimberly S said...

What a fabulous gift idea, and so very cute! :)

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This container is just wonderful Chris!! The ribbon and distressing is terrific!! Great job!

Tina said...

Total cuteness!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris this is such a fun art pail what a great gift idea!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh you are a genius! I love this so much and my grandson is getting lots of art supples from Santa, so you couldn't have timed this idea any better!! FABULOUS! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration, Chris!! hugs!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, this is so beautiful!!!! I love a purpose gift and this is just that!!! You gave me inspiration today to make some of these for my two daughters...they love to be creative and that would keep their pens organized (hopefully ;D). Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

kris said...

a gorgeous project... i need a few of those around the house and for the kids... =D Have a fabulous weekend! hugs, Kris

dolcreations said...

What an absolutely perfect image you have used for your awesome project! You have done a beautiful job with this! Love your colouring as always!
Christine

Rachel said...

Oh now wouldn't that look awesome on my table!!LOL. This is gorgeous Chris! have an awesome day.
hugs,
Rachel

Audrey said...

what a great idea! i love it! i'm in the process of moving into my new craftroom so i think i might have to scraplift this idea from you!

Holly Young said...

Perfect image for an art canister! I love your idea and your coloring is wonderful!

Becky said...

This is adorable and so creative. Awesome

Jessica Diedrich said...

What an adorable little can! I LOVE IT! Your coloring is really great on the sweet little image too-this is super!

Kristine said...

SUPER CUTE Chris! LOVE that image as both my girls are artists!! One loves to paint and draw and the other one is into designing fashion clothing! :) LOVE the decorated tin. I need to do another 3D project soon. You've inspired me!

Tracey said...

Love this Chris! A fabulous project!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! How stinkin' clever girl!! I love it!!! WOWZER!! You totally rock with your creations lady!! :) HUGS

Jodi said...

Very Clever Chris! Love the distressing you did and the colors you used to create your project!
Hugs
Jodi =)

cheryl said...

wow hun you never cease to amaze me your cards are and cretions are always stunning i will have to get some of these stamps as i so adore them will have to wait untill after xmas though hugs cheryl xxxxxx

stampinfrog said...

Chris your girls will love their art can!So Cute!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Danni said...

Oh my!! That is adorable!! LOVE it!

Grace said...

Wow Chris... it's adorable!!! Such a cute image but you do so much with your details that your project is just over the top time after time! Love the loopy ribbon... I got some once but the color doesn't seem to go with anything... :( Love this Chris!

Jessica G. said...

Adorable container -- it's such a perfect image for the organizer! Your girls will love stashing their new art supplies in this cutie!!

Denise Marzec said...

OH wow, SUPER cool!

Jodie from Oz said...

Chris, This is so clever. The image is adorable. I love your distressing and the colours and layers are stunning. Such a wonderful project. Hugs Jodie from Oz

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous art can, Chris.
Such a great idea, the image is just perfect for it. Beautiful colouring and details too!

Have a great weekend
Karen x

Lori said...

Very sweet, Kris! Your daughters will love such a gift.

Vicki G said...

Love this project! What a sweet Sweet image!

Vicki

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.