Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, December 17, 2009


Good Morning and Happy Thursday to all!! Another day has begun...I woke up early this a.m. thinking that all I have to accomplish and to the sound of very loud howling winds. It is very chilly and a blustery day for sure. A few weeks ago, it was hard to believe it was November since the weather was so mild, let me tell you winter sure has come in with a vengeance now! It is 17 degrees now.

Today I want to share with you a Christmas card I created for the Divine Diva challenge. Lori sent the team this picture of soap for our inspiration. Isn't it so festive?! I used the colors and design as my starting point and came up with this. I used the Peaceful wishes and Cardinal set from Stampin Up. The paper is Taken With Teal. I embossed the pine branches in white. The white panel is dry embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflakes folder. My image was water colored, colored and popped up on dimensionals. What do you think? Does it match the soap?

I incorporated these challenges on this creation.

Our Creative Corner Challenge
: Christmas theme.
Stampin Sisters In Christ:
My challenge to you is to get out your crafting *treasures* and use on your cards or other projects this week, in other words BLING IT UP (ie. charms, gems, pearls, dazzling diamonds, flowers, etc).
Creative Card Crew- Anything Goes
Simon Says- Christmas
Crafty Creations- Traditional Christmas

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Lori

Donna

Julie

Kerri

(Keri is sitting out our December challenges.)

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC18. Have fun!!

This card certainly reminds me how behind I am on my holiday preparations as well as my commenting. Doing a balance is so hard at this time of year.

I hope to stop at all your blogs later. Today is a holiday party for my little preschoolers at Little Lambs...so I will be here after that...Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments.

42 comments:

RosesMarijke said...

How beautiful is this card!!

Holly Young said...

Very pretty Chris! Love that holly berry oval!

Cheryl said...

It absolutely does match that soap Chris...you did a beautiful job on it...it's really gorgeous!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love how your bands top and bottm are just like the soap packaging, Chris. That cardinal is gorgeous! fabaulous job on the DDIC!

Carol Hurlock said...

I think you have a winner here Chris...that card matches the soap perfect....You need to have a few bars for a gift basket to go with your card...LOL Just gorgeous. I love the Cardinal...he is so pretty!!! Your holly and berries are awesome. Have a great day!!!

Carol

dolcreations said...

Your card matches your soap package perfectly! That cardinal is just stunning Chris. You have coloured it beautifully! I love the embossing and the ribbon on the side is just a perfect touch. You always pick the perfect papers to go with your images...wow!
Enjoy your day,
Christine

Carol L said...

I love the white branches stamped on the dark cardstock! What a lovely contrast! The cardinal is just perfectly colored! What a beautiful card designed after a bar of soap!
No need to worry about commenting........we're all busy bees at this time of year, and it will all be over soon enough :)

Angelwood said...

Chris, this is lovely. I don't own any bird images - will have to get some for sure after seeing this wonderful image. So beautifully colored of course and I love the design of your card. hugs, Angela

Mel X said...

Wow this is stunning! Really beautiful image and colours!

Mel X

Faith S. said...

Gorgeous card, Chris!! I love the colors you used. What a pretty inspiration piece! Beautiful work!

Stef H said...

what is it about cardinals? they are really beautiful (and my state bird too) and on this card..... WOW! he's definitely a "looker".

it's a bit warmer here today. i'll be sure to send it your way.

hugs & smoochies. have i told you lately that i love you? well i do.

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous, Chris, and you captured the look and feel of the Divine Diva inspiration piece perfectly. So...this card incorporates 7 different challenges? Is that a world's record or something? Wow!

Merry Christmas!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

You did a great job recreating the original piece. This is a very elegant card.

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous, very elegant and the colors are amazing.

Unknown said...

Chris, I think this is one of my favorite cards you've done this December so far. I love the colors, the image, the everything. Thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

Chris, this card is so elegant and gorgeous. Everything about it is wonderful.

Patti J said...

Wow, Chris, this is beautiful! I love everything about it!!! (I love coming to your page just for the music!!!)...Great job, dear friend!

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card Chris! You have matched the soap completely...The cardinal is colored so beautifully!
Have a blessed and very Merry Christmas!
Hugs,Connie

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so pretty, Chris! I love the cardinal and the layout matches the soap so perfectly. Wonderful stitched border.

Allison Rankin said...

Beautiful...so elegant! And whoa, you're colder than we are today (and that's saying something)!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How beautiful! Cardinals have to be my favorite birds. Their song is so pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

Kerri said...

This is PERFECT, Chris!!! That bg looks identical to the soap, and that gorgeous holly berry wreath around the cardinal is gorgeous! Stunning card, woman!!!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card Chris that image is gorgeous, so beautifully designed and the colouring is stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

peggysue said...

That is a great take on the inspiration piece, that soap. I like the cardinal, so cheerful! Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

HI sweetie!! Took me long enough to get here, eh?!! I just love the cardinal image and your pretty accents around it!! You always do such fab work my friend!! HUGS

Kristine said...

OOO, another beautiful card by the OH-SO-TALENTED Chris!! :) LOVE THIS! Love your colors, and the cardinal (I ♥ birds!) and your gems and everything! Gorgeous card!

Lori Rider said...

This is just beautiful, Chris - and it looks just like the soap package! Especially your stamped white branches - what a brilliant idea. That is one stamp set that I shouldn't have parted with. :( Your beautiful cardinal and oval are just perfect for this challenge - I really love your whole card!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh, very pretty coloring and color combo! Really eye catching!

America said...

Such a striking project combo. Great work !!!

cheryl said...

wow this is totally gojus hun such beautiful detail hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Cheryl said...

WOW this is so beautiful,I love the vibrant colour combo and fabulous image........crafted to perfection!!!
Hugs xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Gorgeous card! Great use of the inspiration piece!!
~Lacey

Vicki said...

Very beautiful card Chris! I love cardinals...HUGS!

Vicki

Danni said...

Such a beautiful card!
Come visit me..it was near 60 today!

Unknown said...

this is such a pretty card, Chris! Love the color!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so pretty!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Chris: Such a pretty card and you matched the soap label perfectly in design and colour. I did a couple of christmas cards with cardinals and same colours back in October. Do they qualify for this challenge? Here's the link:
http://celti-crafter.blogspot.com/2009/10/cardinals-northwood-stamp.html
Sharon

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Christmas card, Chris! So festive and love the traditional colors and Christmas cardinal!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sensational card and yes, it does match the soap! Peaceful Wishes and A Cardinal Christmas are two of my favorites! And I love the oval ring of holly! So glad you were able to join in the fun at the OCC this week!

Claire Phillips said...

A really lovely project! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Have a wonderful Christmas. Cheers Claire x

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.