Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, December 12, 2009
Hi Everyone!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!! Boy is it ever chilly here!! It is less than 20 degrees and windy. It feels so cozy to be indoors and look out at the snow. Last night we went to get our tree. Today we get to decorate it!! I must admit that the snow does make everything look more Christmasy. After Christmas is over, I will be ready for it to be gone.

Well Anywho....Today is the Saturday Spotlight and we have another fun challenge for you.
For this week's challenge.....
The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to create something with the music in your soul! What do we mean? What is your favorite style of music? Is it country, rock, opera, Christmas music, or the oldies? Whatever your "music style", show us what it is on your creations! eg: Use a cowboy image for "country music", etc. Perhaps you can just create a "musical masterpiece"....just get creative with it! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

This week's Sponsor is....


Go to PaperGardenProjects.com



(click picture to go to store.)
One lucky winner from our challenge chosen randomly will win 2 images from the store!!

Here is my creation for this challenge:
I love Christmas carols, singing and playing the piano. Currently my daughter, Nicki is taking piano lessons. I made this card and snow globe for her piano teacher. It is a joke among us that her piano teacher can not hold a tune as far as singing goes. She will just love this card! Teehee! The snowglobe records. Nicki played a Christmas song and recorded it on there.

The image is Belle's Carols from Belles in Whistles! Isn't it just darling!! I love it!
The papers are from DCWV Music Stack. The paper is full of glitter and embossing. The colors of the dp matched the old in color groovy guava. The image is colored in prisma color pencils and gamsol. The layout of my card is taken from Mercy's Sketch this week. Some of the elements added are difficult to see in the picture. Their are glittery silver snowflakes hanging on top of the lace. Their are three musical notes on the top of the card on the right side.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Belle's n Whistles- Belle's Carols
Paper: DCWV Music Stack, Groovy Guave, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Musical note brads, groovy guava ribbon, silver baubles, sewing machine, rectangle nestabilities, silver baubles, snowflake CharmsGlobe Recipe:
Stamps: Belles 'n Whistles- Belle's carols
Accessories: Recording snow globe from Target, musical note brads

Challenges:
Saturday Spotlight- card or project showing your favorite kind of music
Roses on Paper Challenge: Alter Something
Stamp Something - Glitzy Somethings
Paper Play - Christmas without red or green
Creative Card Crew - Gold or Silver
Stamp Something ... Glitzy Somethings
Incy Wincy ... Snowflakes
Mercy's Sketch Challenge...sketch 51
Creative Inspirations: nontraditional colors
Cook it up with Katie: recipe- something Christmas, ribbon and a current sketch ( I used Mercy's sketch

REMINDERS
Be sure to place the DIRECT link to your creation in Mister Linky in order to qualify to win the prize from our sponsors or voting for the top 3 creations.

If you upload your creation to an on-line gallery, please be sure to label it with the keywords SSHP11

Have your creation uploaded in Mister Linky by Friday, 3:00 PM CST or 4:00 PM EST in order to qualify for any prizes awarded for that sponsor week. Winners will be announced shortly after...

I hope you enjoyed my creation!! For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
*Vicki (creator/coordinator)
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Jodi

Sadly two of our fellow team members are leaving the team due to time constraints, Debbie and Susan. Your creations for this challenge will be greatly missed girls. This is not a goodbye, however, since I will for sure visit your blogs to say hi and receive further inspiration.

OH ... ONE MORE THING ... The Saturday Spotlight Diva's will be taking a little holiday break, so this will be the last challenge for 2009. We will be back on JANUARY 2nd for more Saturday Spotlight Challenge fun! Please mark your calendar's ... you don't want to miss out on the fun & prizes coming up in the new year!!!

*******************************

This next creation I made for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. I so love what this challenge stands for that I had to make a quick card today. I have joined in every challenge so far and just had to do this one as well. I used the stamp Lili's Prayer from Inky Impressions!. The Paper is from Eskimo Kisses. The challenge was to
make a card to let someone know you are praying for them, using images of people (men, women and/or children...angels are okay, too!). I also used the Sketch Saturday layout.



[SS-81.gif]



I hope you have enjoyed today's post. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

41 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris I stand in awe of your creations you always stun me with your different things you come up with, these are gorgeous. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie!! WOWZER!! That is some musical globe!! What a very clever idea to do and it works so nicely for the challenge!! I am so in love with these images and you've done such a gorgeous job with the coloring!! ;) LOVE that fun glittery musical paper!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!! HUGS

scrapperjulia said...

This is an awesome project, Chris! Love the musical globe and the image is perfect for this challenge, just gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful Chris. I love the globe. I saw those and thought what a great project they would be. I really like the nontraditional colors you chose.. Look at all those challenges.. My head swims when I try to do that ...LOL.. Super job.

Cindy Haffner said...

Chris this is so BEAUTIFUL. A work of ART!!!

Stef H said...

holy moly! these are fabulous! but girl that globe is to die for! it's awesome and gorgeous!

hugs,

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful work. And the card looks also really good.

Hugs
Domi

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous!

Katie said...

Wow Chris what a super pair of creations!
I love the soft and gentle colors, wonderful!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie!

Rachel said...

Wow! Chris this is absolutely gorgeous!! this is sooo precious.
hugs,
Rachel

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Chris this is ADORABLE! Love the card with all the beautiful papers, your coloring is so soft and gorgeous! And that musical snowglobe is AWESOME! Stunning creations hun!
Hugs~ Kim

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness Chris...your creative soul has been hard at work! WOW! Your card and your globe are stunning! You do such beautiful work. Your papers and your colouring are just so soft and beautiful! Thank-you so much for sharing all this creativity with us!
Christine

Shirley N said...

Wow, what a lucky teacher to be getting your gorgeous creations, just awesome!

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness Chris ... these are amazing! Love your card and how you popped up your images on the music paper ... PERFECT!
Your daughters teacher will ADORE this beautiful snowglobe ... what a wonderful, thoughtful gift! Happy Day my friend! Have fun decorating the tree!

stampinfrog said...

Chris your card and snowglobe are gorgeous!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Lori said...

So pretty, Chris!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous Belles n Whistles card; your color combo is so elegant and the embellies give a vintage feel to this adorable image! Amazing snowglobe and perfect for leaving on display year round!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Your cards and projects are always too stunning for words!! The card and ornament are breathtaking, GF!!! You always make me wish I had your creative abiltiy!!

theneon said...

This is an amazing use of colors and patterns -- you've really created something special for someone who needs prayer.

theneon said...

Well, here I am again! I thought your incredibly beautiful snowglobe and card were on a separate post -- I couldn't leave without telling you how much I adore these!!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Chris as always your creations blow me away...I LOVE your snowglobe and your matching card just absolutely PERFECT for the challenge sweetie!!!!! And prayer LiLi WOWZA she is stunning!!!!! LOVE your creations!!!

I hope you guys are staying warm and you are enjoying your weekend!!!! I miss you too, call me on Monday if you get a minute!!!! Big HUGS!!!!

cheryl said...

WOW WOW WOW THIS IS ALL I CAN SAY HUNNY LOVE THEM HUGS CHERYL XXXXXXXXX

Tracey said...

Gorgeous work Chris! Love your projects! xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! You have been busy! These are beautiful! I love that snowglobe and the beautiful card to accompany it, and that Inky girl is too sweet!

Danni said...

These are all just amazing!! Wow!! Gorgeous!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh MY that music ensemble is just gorgeous Chris!

Unknown said...

holy cow, chris...these are wonderful! i am loving the colors, papers, stitching, and scallops on your sketch card! just stunning!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did a fabulous job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris - look at you girl - you are amazng with all you do and this is no exception!!! Love the image and those fabulous colours - gorgeous! Your snow dome is amazing!! I am loving it - there is always so much inspiration to be found here!! Thanks for sharing Chris - you rock!! God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Angelwood said...

Chris, these projects are amazing! Your Bells and Whistle card is too sweet. Love the papers your've chosen and how awesome is the snowglobe! Wonderful! You are so talented! I think Lili praying is just gorgeous - I need to get that stamp! Happy Holidays! Angela

Carol L said...

What a fantastic idea to have your daughter record her music for her teacher on a snow globe! You've decorated the card so beautifully to match too! The 2nd card is adorable with that image! Everything looks awesome :)

Cheryl said...

Good morning Chris, my you have been a busy-bee! All of these creations are beautiful! Love the colors, images, and that globe is amazing!

Liz said...

Sweet projects love the globe Thanks for joining Incy Wincy This week

Liz x

Jodie from Oz said...

Chris, Love love love these amazing cards but the musical glob is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Cheryl said...

Very cute!

Pop's Cards said...

I dont know what to say about these, other than WOW they are truly stunning, hugs pops x

Terry said...

Hiya hun wow what a beautifull card you made just stunning...Thanks for joining in at Sketch saturday wow.....
Hugs Terry

Maria Matter said...

Chris you are totally amazing! This is so brilliant for the music challenge...I'll agree with everyone else....STUNNING!!!!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Blessings, Maria

having a {me} day said...

Oh your card is gorgeous but I particularly love your globe. kxx

Vicki said...

Wow, gorgeous!

HUGS,
Vicki

Silli said...

Wonderful creations Chris, I love your work... Big hugs and happy day!

Risa said...

Hi Chris,
Your first card and project are stunning! I love all of the gorgeous details... so pretty! Your second card is a beauty as well!
Take care and enjoy your day!
hugs
Risa:)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.