Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Saturday Everyone!! I am so overjoyed to have finished some of my holiday baking yesterday. I was so exhausted after baking 30 dozen cookies and being on my feet all day. It is an awesome feeling though to have that much behind me. Only five more types of cookies to make (about 15 dozen). Today, I hope to do more, however today is a Christmas Shopping day. It is not for me necessarily but for the girls. Scott will take Nicki, my oldest, for the day and I Meghan. It is super special for the girls. Their highlight is having one on one time with one parent and going out for breakfast. It is not often that the girls get one on one time with Dad so this is treasured by Nicki! Later in the afternoon it is predicted that we will be having a snow storm so we will have to an early start.


Today, I have one card to share with you.
I made this card for Tuesday's Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers hosted by Betty. I used the stamp Angelica's Lantern from Inky Impressions and the Classic pad from K&Co. The colors used were melon mambo, old olive, so saffron, and bitter chocolate. I water colored the image, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals. The layout is using Mercy's MTSC52 sketch for this week.






Stamps: Inky Impressions: Angelica's Lantern, Peace and Joy from Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: Old olive, Classic pad from K&Co.
Accessories: MS snowflake border punch
oval spellbinders, silver baubles, American crafts ribbon, angel charm

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments. I look forward to curling up at the computer with some hot chocolate while the snow comes down this afternoon for some inspiration from your blogs. Doesn't that sound cozy?

43 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Saturday Chris : )

This Angelica is just so sweet, and I'm amazed at your attention to details...especially those mini-pearls on her jacket...it's perfect!

As always, love your layers, borders, stitching and that yummy ribbon!

Have a great weekend! : )

Danielle said...

Beautifully sweet card Chris! The snowflake border punch really catches the eye - gorgeous work! And have fun on your shopping day today and hope you stay warm and safe in the winter storm that's coming!
Hugs, Danielle

dolcreations said...

Chris...this is purely beautiful. You have such a talent for the details...I love the pearls on her jacket! I love the paper, the ribbon, the stitching...oh heck, I just love this card!
Have a wonderful day with the girls!
Christine

Stef H said...

there ya go with that fabulous edge again. i just love that touch. i may be copying it one of these days!!!!

stay safe, stay warm and have tons of fun.

hugs,

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How fab this card is, and I envy your stamina!! 30 dz!! WOW!! and more to go! Glad it's not ME!!

Holly Young said...

Very cute Chris! I love all of the ribbon, and that punched border is really cool looking.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, Oh my your card is so so beautiful! Isn't one on one time with our littles ones the best:) BTW, I LOVE the song El Shaddai and it was a treat to listen to it while visiting your blog. Thanks for getting my day started on the right mindset. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Abby:)

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Chris! I love your card! Have a fabulous weekend!! xx

Chris said...

Stay warm and stay safe! The snow started early here and we already have over 6 inches - and it's coming down even harder now! Beautiful card, as always!! Love the brown...

Have a Merry Christmas!

Pink Dandelion said...

Fabulous card, love the snowflake border and the little buttons on her jacket are gorgeous. Just stopped snowing here but looks like there is still plenty more up there to come. Hugs and warm wishes Debs xx

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Love the colors and the snowflake border is perfect!
Hope the kids have fun with Dad!
Hugs,Connie

Sandra H. said...

Love the deep rich colors that you used making your card! Very, very pretty!!

With all that baking yesterday, how much tasting did you do! Smiles!!!

Becky said...

What an awesome card, gorgeous colors and lovely embellishments.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Chris,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shirley N said...

Chris,this is one totally gorgeous card!

RosesMarijke said...

Again a very beautiful and gorgeous card!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

What an awesome take on Mercy's sketch! That little girl is the sweetest image and I LOVE the papers you used. Gorgeous, Chris!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Chris - this is just so adorable! I love those colours and will have to check out the colour challenge - you have used them so beautifully here...and that image - how adorable is that! I love the extra 'Chris' touches you ad to make your cards so 'warm' and special! What a mammouth amount of cookies - Chris - you are a legend!! Thanks for sharing Chris - I hope you have enjoyed your shopping day and got lots of 'treasures' Our kids love it when we do things like that!! Have a blessed Christmas my friend! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

coldwaters2 said...

Chris you are just one totally awesome lady, 30 dozen cookies...wow...and I won't get to taste one lol and to make a card as gorgeous as this and the cookies is a wonderful feat I love it to bits.

Hugs and happy holidays
Lorraine x

Danni said...

You are truly superwoman!!
Enjoy your day!
Gorgeous creation!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful...from the sparkles in her scarf to her pearl embellishments...it's a great work of art.

Angelwood said...

Chris, this is beautiful! I love the warm and cheerful colors on your card. I love this image, Angelica is so pretty!

We're supposed to have a blizzard here in CT too. Woo hoo!! hugs, Angela

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous,your stitching is perfect and the little pearls on Angelica's jacket look so beautiful.......your attention to detail is amazing!!!
Hugs xx

having a {me} day said...

Oh WOW! This is just fabulous! What a stunning colour combo, so much to look at! I love it! Love the little pearl detail on her coat ... just gorgeous! kxx

theneon said...

Speaking of hot chocolate -- this card reminds me of that kind of cozy feeling and comfort. It is so warm and beautiful. Your children's one-on-one w/parent is a wonderful tradition and will always be remembered by them I am sure.

ChristineCreations said...

WOW, what wonderful warm colors on this card Chris! So sweet! Glad to hear about your Christmas baking progress too - I still have to make sugar cookies with the kids this week. Hope your shopping/bonding day was successful and special today!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW Chris she is beautiful, I Love your colors and those ribbons are such a beautiful touch!!!! LOVE your take on the sketch!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Chris!! Fantastic, warm colors, wonderful coloring, and amazing details!

Nannieflash said...

Oh Chris this is one gorgeous and stunning card, I love the image and the colouring is beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Chris - beautiful combination of papers, fabulous colouring, love the punched border and all your embellishing makes this a stunning card!!!

cheryl said...

wow chris hun stunning love hugs cheryl xxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is really beautiful, i love the image so sweet and your colours are just perfcet, big hugs Pops x

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Chris, the details in this card are fabulous! Wonderful colours too!
:o)

Patti Jo said...

A really sweet card! Love the colors and your attention to detail! Terrific card!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card, Chris; the vintage feel is my favorite for the season! Great way to use the MS snowflake border punch -- it really showcases the snowflakes!

And I'm impressed you are Christmas baking complete; we just started today!

Mina said...

wow Chris this amazing card and baking cookies is there no end to your talents...Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you for taking the time to follow my blog
Mina xxx

Maria Matter said...

Oh, this is amazing Chris! Love the overall design and papers...and that punched border of course! And I always like to see your stitching, beautiful!

Hope you had a chance for a little rest this wknd! :)
blessings, Maria

PatriciaKleijn said...

How Cute is this card :)

*Kiss Patries*

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love it! I can't believe how many cookies you made! I can't even imagine baking that many cookies! Wow!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a gorgeous Xmas card. Love the vintage feel to it. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
Hugs
Desire

Andrea said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful card!
Happy christmas,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

HI sweetie!! :) This is so very stunning hun!! I love all your beautiful punched borders, stitching and gorgeous coloring!!

I wanted to be sure to stop by and wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!! BIG HUGS to you my friend!!

Unknown said...

chris...this is absolutely gorgeous! love the vintage colors, the border punches, the gorgeous papers, and that sweet image! great coloring, too!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did a wonderful job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.