Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Happy Hump Day Everyone!! I can't believe it is now Wednesday already again. Where does the time go. I sure wish time would slow down so I can get all the things done before Christmas that I need to. Yikes!

This a.m. I was woke up at 4:30 a.m. to a telephone call. I don't know about you but when I receive a call that early in the a.m. I panic, thinking that someone has been taken ill to the hospital or something. I remember well being called several times in the middle of the night when my mother in law was battling with cancer and had frequent seizures....Thankfully it was just the local schools calling to cancel school for the day due to the heavy snow, freezing rain and heavy winds. My girls are home schooled but we still we receive automated cards from the district. Usually I don't mind but 4:30 a.m. is a tad early for automated phone calls. A yucky day here for sure! I guess it will be a day confined to working on cards and homeschooling my girls and not venturing out. It indeed looks like a winter wonderland!!

Anywho...on to today's challenges and my card. Today it is time for a new challenge from Inky Impressions and Flutter By Wednesday. This week's challenge at Flutter by Wednesday is to create a card with a winter theme and an angel, fairy or butterfly. How appropriate is that for me with this wintry weather we are experiencing here!!! The challenge over at Inky Impressions is to create a card with snowflakes and an Inky Impressions stamp!! These two challenges integrate so well together that I just combine them together for one creation!

Here is what I came up with:
I used Fairy Lili from Inky Impressions and made her a Snow Fairy Lili! I made here have long sleeves and paper pieced her. I colored her with Prima color pencils and gamsol. I also incorporated the Featured Stamper Challenge from Splitcoast Stampers and cased this card from Michelle aka MitchyGlitchyGoomy. Congrats Michelle on being this weeks featured stamper!
I kept her colors and basic layout but changed the image used, dp, and added snowflakes through out the card not just in one corner. I also added pearls around the oval to frame Lili and added sewing. You can see the sewing if you click on the card to enlarge it. The sentiment says "Have a "Fairy" Merry Christmas".

I hope you can join us for the Flutter By Wednesday or Inky Impressions Challenge this week! For more inspiration for the Flutter By Wednesday Challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Ann, Cassie, Nicola, Christine, Danni - Queen Flutter By,Harriet, Heather, Jodi, Karen, Kimberly, Kris, Kristie, Lelia, Michelle, Nancy, Pam, Stef

Should you create a card or project using a fairy, butterfly, or angel with a winter theme please leave a direct link here on Mr. Linky. If you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword FBW.


If you can join us for the Inky Impressions Challenge, to create a card or project with snowflakes using an Inky Impressions stamp, please leave a direct link on Mr. Linky here. This challenge will be going on for TWO WEEKS so there is plenty of time to come and join the fun!!! Should you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword inkyimpressions. For more inspiration for this challenge please visit my dt sisters:
Card Recipe:
stamps: Inky Impressions-Flutter By Lili
Paper: Basic Grey- Eskimo Kisses, Pink, Old Olive
Accessories: Spellbinders Ovals, Hero Arts Pearls, snowflake punch, Create a snowflake 1 die from Spellbinders, glitter, Baja Breeze ribbon
Challenges:
Flutter By Wednesday: Winter Theme and an angel, butterfly or fairy
Inky Impressions: snowflakes using an Inky Impressions image
Cute Daisy May say Twinkle twinkle
Pile It On - Tinsel Town
Stamp Something - Glitzy Somethings
Paper Play - Christmas without red or green
Creative Card Crew - Christmas
Stamp Something ... Glitzy Somethings
Incy Wincy ... Snowflakes
Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Challenge- FS148
Crafty Calendar 3: 'winter sparkle'
Kaboodle 19: 'snowflakes'
Creatalicious 4:'include snowflakes and lots of sparkle'

Thanks for stopping by today!!! I hope you enjoyed my creation.
If you have not participated in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blog Hop then there is still time. You have until next Tuesday and there is lots of fun prizes along the way. Scroll down to my next post for the hop.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and for always inspiring me with your creations!

hugs and blessings,
Chris
********************

Today is the first day for you to have a sneak peek of the new Wags'nWhiskers stamps designed by Crissy Armstrong, these lovely new stamps will be released on Friday so not long to wait before you can get you hands on them.

There will be more sneak peeks from my fellow DT Divas on their blogs today and if you leave a comment on the posts you could be in with a chance of some candy.

Here is a list of where you can find todays sneak peeks
Inge
Lacey
Karen
Sharon
Nikki
Jacqui
Have fun visiting and best of luck.

Tomorrow I will be back with sneak peaks of the upcoming images at Wags n Whiskers. On Friday there will be the Wags n Whiskers Blog New Release Blog Hop!!


58 comments:

mudmaven said...

Great card! For some reason though, your comment on the Kaboodle Doodle Blog is on the wrong entry. Can you go HERE and re-enter it so that you are entered in the prize drawing? Thanks! ~chris

Lilacanglia said...

beautiful card,
Thanks for joining in the snowflake challenge
at Kaboodledoodles,
Hugs
Angie

Cheryl said...

It's lovely Chris! Y'all stay safe in that heavy snow, and yes...perfect day to create!

Down here, we're having unusually warm/humid weather...it's cloudy, but doesn't feel like winter....it changes so quickly though!

Love your sparkly wings on her!

dolcreations said...

Chris this is such a pretty card! I love the soft colours that you used and the sparkle on the wings...well...I love that too!
Happy snow day!
Christine

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I adore this image!! How sweet and fun with all the sparkle and flakes!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, fabulous colours and such a sweet image

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous, Chris!! Love your colors and everything matches so nicely!

Wow, 4:30am?? Yikes! I'd be the same with a phone call that early. When our phone rings after 10pm I panic! Enjoy your snow day today! It's nasty here as well but the buses ran. They usually do. Everyone around us is cancelled.

Cheryl said...

So sweet,I love this image and you always do a wonderful job with them!!! Beautiful work!!
A 4.30am wake up call,that is way too early and yes I would panic as well.
Hugs xx

Joanne Travis said...

So sweet!! Love the colors and the layout! This little fairy is adorable!!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HI sweetie!! I know what you mean about time slowing down!! :) I am just now getting through the MMSC blog hop!! SHEESH!! I so love your pretty card here today hun and your image and colors are so soft and pretty!! Awesome job as always!! Congrats on all of those challenges too!! Thanks for adding the Stamp Something challenge with your project!! BIG HUGS

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! I wish we received automated phone calls when schools were closed. We still have to watch T.V. to see that. I always hated having to get up, start getting my kids ready, and then finding out 20 minutes before they were to leave the house that school was cancelled. Anyway, love your card. What a sweet image. I just love the paper piecing and all the bling.

Nancy said...

Sorry about the deleted comment...my brain is not working this morning, and I hate misspellings!! Let's try this again!

Chris, what a gorgeous winter fairy!! She is beautiful!! I love it! Enjoy your "snow day"!!

Crystal said...

430 AM YIKES that is way early Chris, I would have been very scared too...I always think the worst if I receive a call between like midnight and early morning!!! On the bright side at least it was just the schools!!!! AWWW thanks so much for the well wishes for my hubby...they just took him back...I am sooo happy cause my husband's work layout works here at Kaiser....this will keep me busy cause reading puts me to sleep...LOL!!!!

Your card is soooo beautiful, fairy LiLi is GORGEOUS and you did an AWESOME job with these challenges....LOVE LOVE your added snowflakes and your coloring and colors...AWESOME!!!!

Big Hugs, Have a great day!!!

Lelia Pierce said...

Great card, Chris! Love the sparkly snowflakes!

Hugs,
Lelia

Stef H said...

i definitely would have panicked i my phone rang at 4:30 a.m.! but a snow day is fun!!! go make a snow angel or 2!

i'll bet they'll be as beautiful as your card! i love the soft colors too.

hugs,

Angelwood said...

Chris, Fairy Lili is so sweet! Beautifully colored and I love the stitching around your card. Do you do that by hand or sewing machine? I have no luck with the machine. Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

Unknown said...

Ooh what an awful time to be woken up - like you I always think the worse.

Beautiful card - thanks for joining in with the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

kris said...

I love that fairy!!! she is the cutest and great to color too! you've done a fabulous job on your card!! love the pretty colors and the layout is awesome! hugs, Kris

Patti J said...

You poor girl! I would HATE being on that call list! Your little fairy is so darling! I love the colors that you chose for her, and it's so cool that you sew on so many of your cards! Great job, my friend!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh I know what you're talking about....late night calls or early morning calls freak me out, too. Glad to hear it was just the call chain. Super adorable card!

Linnie said...

Soo cute luv it
Thankyou for coming out to play with CDM this week
linniex

Tracey said...

Your card is gorgeous Chris! I love it! xx

Heather Schlatter said...

Chris,

This Turned out really cute I love the colors you used and those shimmery wings!!! You always have such an increadible knack for your layers and your elements. This is another amazing creation from you!!!

Heather

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful card, love your layout and papers and of course the image!

Mephisto said...

Sweet image!
And a beautiful card with it!

Hugs
Domi

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, thank you for sharing it with us at CDM this week
Ann x

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous i do love these girls they are so super cute, you have done an amazing job on this one, great creation big hugs pops x

Jodi said...

Chris! Another adorable creation you have made!! Love that you paper pieced her clothing and you also used non traditional colors for the challenge!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Beautiful card. I love your litte fairy. Your coloring is beautiful!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Danielle said...

Very pretty card Chris - the colours are so lovely with this cute fairy image! Love the sparkle! Hope you enjoyed your snow day - we had one too and it's still snowing!!!
Hugs, Danielle

Danni said...

Wow, that is an early phone call..and I thought our 5:30 ones were bad. Stay warm!!
Very pretty card, I almost used this image today too! LOL!
wonderful job!

cheryl said...

wow another stunning image hun this is totally gojus,love it,calling at 4.30am in the morning yikes,take care hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

Kimberly S said...

Very sweet faerie and a lovely, feminine, card! Ack...I'd have been scared by that early call too! They should be able to take you off of that call list, no?

Lacey Stephens said...

This is a lovely card!! Wow! 4:30am! That's early! Would have scared the pants off me to get a call that early. I can't get over how everyone in the rest of the world is talking about how cold it is and I am sitting here in shorts still sweating!! It's going to be 86 tomorrow!! Yuck! Oh, that's right, we have a cold front coming...it will be 78 on friday!! LOL Are you kidding me?!LOL
~Lacey

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful!!! I'm really enjoying this Inky Impress. images!

We get those auto calls too, never that early though! lol When the calls come, my youngest always calls out "No Homeschool today either!"...yea right! lol dream on....

take care
Blessings, Maria

Connie M. said...

OH Chris, this is just sooo adorable!! So sorry about the automated calls...that is CRAZY early! UGH!!

Kerri said...

This is gorgeous, Chris!!! Beautiful colors and dp, and I love your paper piecing and sponging! Fabulous details as always!!!

Denise said...

So sweet! Love those soft colors!

Anonymous said...

Cute image and very pretty card! Thank you for joining us at PaperPlay!

Sharon Caudle said...

You've got the same kind of weather we got! Stay safe and warm! LOVE your card, Chris! The papers are gorgeous and she's beautiful!! hugs!

Shirley N said...

Love your card--great paper piecing and coloring! Looks like you got a lot of challenges in, too!

Unknown said...

Chris a beautiful Card, I cannot believe the school phoning you at 4.30am in the morning....bad....thanks for playing along at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Georgia said...

Such a beautiful card Chris! I love the paper-piecing effect and your colours look so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month! :)
Georgia xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Totally adorable Chris! Love the image and papers. Great sparkle! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week. :)

Tina said...

So adorable, the paper peicing looks fabulous!

pinky said...

Just sooooo pretty Chris, really love this twinkly card. Thanks for joining us at CDM.
Pinky

Cassie said...

such a sweet and pretty card - your cards are always pretty and full of wonderful layers and embellies!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card - the greens and blues are the perfect color choice. Darling fairy and love all the sparkle!!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh this is just beautiful! This is my fave II image! Gorgeous job, Chris!
Hugs,
Lisa

Pam Varnell said...

This is just simply gorgeous Chris. Love that little snow angel. Hugs!!

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG...4:30 is super early!! We did not get any of the snow the other day. Just TONS of rain and loads of wind. It is now bitter cold here for the rest of the weekend. Time to whip out the heavy sweaters. Your card is super cute today. I cant believe how many challenges you were able to cover. You are my idol!!!!

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at CDM

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow, wow Chris your work is always so inspiring and this one is no exception it is a real beauty thank you so much for joining us at CDM this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at CDM this week.

Michele Spera said...

lovely job on this sweetie!! the colors are great! thank you for joining us at CDm this week'Xmichele

Kim Dellow said...

Totally wonderful! Love the colours. Good grief fancy phoning you at 4.30am! Oh boy! Kim

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.