Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, March 4, 2009



Happy Wednesday All!! Today I have two cards to share with you. I know I listed my other card later last night and many of you probably didn't see it but I really wanted to post these cards for today's challenge. If you are interested, you can scroll down to my next post.
The first card, today, is for the Whiff of Joy Sketch challenge/ Guest Designer Call and CC208 Color Challenge (Kiwi Kiss, Pink, and Chocolate Chip). I love Whiff of Joy so I figured I would atleast try the sketch even if hundreds applied also. I received my Spring set of Stamps from Whiff of Joy last week and was so happy to ink up my first one. They are so adorable. I used the stamp Willow Sitting with the floral wreath and their butterfly. I colored it with gamsol. I had a very difficult time finding designer paper with the color challenge colors but I finally did find it! Basic Grey comes through for me again!!!




MY second card uses Roxi's Wednesday sketch challenge. I even posted it before 11:00 a.m. I can't believe the number of people who had already uploaded their cards. They must get up at the crack of dawn. I was up at 4:00 a.m. to finish these cards since I have a very busy day. Lol!! Roxi's challenge was for clean lines using all squares but I wanted some texture so I added the lace, craft hemp, dry embossing, distressing, and pearls. I wanted a shabby chic kind of look and I think I accomplished that. I had a difficult time finding a long and narrow stamp so I dusted of my Watercolor Garden 2 set and used that. The one piece of designer paper I used was from retired SU Western Sky. I have been hoarding it. It goes so nicely with the new in colors (Baja Breeze).
CARD RECIPE
CARD 1
Stamps- Whiff of Joy Willow sitting with floral wreath, butterfly
Paper-Basic Grey Sugared, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
Accessories- Fiskars punch, Wright Lace, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, pearls, and glitter
CARD 2
Stamps- SU Watercolor Garden 2
Paper- Western Sky retired SU, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, white
Ink- Bayou Blue, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, and Garden Green
Accessories: hemp, buttons, lace, American crafts ribbon, crimper, textile embossing folder, brown and white thread, glitter
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope everyone is having an enjoyable day. Thanks for leaving me comments. I so enjoy reading them!!




16 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

beautiful cards!

Stef H said...

These are gorgeous! I love the frills!

Denise said...

Both of your cards are just breathtaking, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

These are very exquisite! Love them!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and intricate! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I appreciate it. Love yours and am adding it to my list!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are divine.

Jamie Martin said...

Both cards are super cute, great job on the challenges

Ann said...

Beautiful card! I love the coloring, dp,and ribbon!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

wow these are amazing cards! Such fine detail they must take you forever to make!

Janna said...

woW What else is there to say but wow!! These are amazing!!! Your WOJ card is so peaceful and beautiful! the papers are amazing and I adore your coloring. but the flower card with all it's texture and colors is just drop dead gorgeous!!! You come up with the most unblieveable creations!!

smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Your creations are just so stunning! What amazing details you've added to them! TFS! :)

Jacquel said...

Wow! They're both really beautiful Chris and love the colors on them....fab work as always and tfs!!!

Anjou Krelovich said...

These are both stunning! The colors, the coloring and the backgrounds on the flower card are gorgeous!!! Wonderful!

Louise F NZ said...

These are totally gorgeous! The little girl one is Divine!

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Chris! These are elegant!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

These are both so pretty. I like the patterned paper on the first and the embossed backgrounds on the second.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.