Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, March 12, 2009
Today is day 3 of the week long anniversary celebration to celebrate one year of Our Daily Bread Designs. I hope you are joining us for many wonderful creations, tutorials, fun, and prizes. Today, Angella and I are featuring two different stampsets offered at Our Daily Bread Designs. But don't forget about the scavenger hunt! If you have not emailed your answers to Judy (here), you have until midnight CST tonight!! Three lucky winners will be pulled from the bread basket and announced here tomorrow. For the scavenger hunt list and more details, scroll down to my next post. OH YES!! We have more blog candy to give away and you'll find out where it is after I share a card I made using "The Angel" stampset available at Our Daily Bread Designs.






The Angel stampset is so versatile and can be used for a variety of occasions (Christmas, Easter, Thinking Of You or everyday). When I made this card I had CC208 (to use chocolate chip, passion pink, and Kiwi Kiss) and several of the products available at Our Daily Bread Designs in mind. The image is stamped on using Passion Pink and Chocolate chip. The wings and belt were painted with both pink poinsettia and angel wings shimmerz. Angel offered a wonderful tutorial on how to use shimmerz on her blog on Tuesday. The outside of the image is sponged with close to cocoa. The first panel in the background is paper pierced with an ornare piercing template ( item number 4055584). The designer paper is from Basic Grey's Bittersweet Collection. The third panel is dry embossed with the cuttlebug textile folder. The chocolate cardstock is actually a bronze prismatic metallic paper available at Our Daily Bread designs. The glittered paper in the scallop is from K&C0. I added little pink pearls in the corners from Hero Arts and two corners cut using a cuttlebug vintage die.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Now swing on over to Angella's blog to see another wonderful creation, a tutorial on polyshrink, and to win BLOG CANDY. Angella is amazing and the stampset she is featuring and giving away is my absolute favorite from Our Daily Bread Designs!!



38 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Chris, this is a beautiful card! Love the paper piercing! Thanks for sharing & including the links! Much appreciated!
Blessings, Maria

Always nice to "meet" another homeschooler!

Kathy Jones said...

What an amazing card!!! I love this stamp set and love how you've used it here! There is so much to look at and it all works so fabulously together! A truly awesome card!!!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful card! What a great way to use the angel in the middle of the off-season! Jeannie

StampinCathy said...

WoW your card is beautiful and just love this stamp set. Love all the details you add. Thanks so much for a chance.

Kathy H said...

Amazing job on the card!!!! Kathy Hering

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Beautiful card Chris!!!

Dawn said...

beautiful!

Jacquel said...

This is fabulous Chris! I love the colors, layout and the image is absolutely beautiful...tfs!!!

Stef H said...

YOU, my friend, are such an inspiration! This is gorgeous. I love your shading. And those colors!!!!!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my picture. I do love my gray hair. Funny, I was soooo ready to let the gray grow in too and my retirement was the perfect opportunity!

P.S. Thanks for your answer to my question. However, where does blogger let you resize a picture? or do you do it BEFORE you upload it?

Kelley said...

Chris, this card is stunning! I love how you used the Shimmerz to highlight it!! The colors are so beautiful!!! Terrific job!

seamom said...

Incredible detail! An absolutely beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Chris. Love the colors you have used on there and all the little fancy frills too. Wonderful work on it and sharing all the links too. Phyllis M.

JKB said...

I truly enjoy the texture that the peircing gives the card. Thank you.

Judy Rozema said...

TOTALLY gorgeous!! What an awesome post too - with all the product highlights!!! WOOT WOOT!

Gretchen said...

Lovely card! this set is on my wish list- can't wait to get it! Thanks for sharing.

Gramtrannydoc's Scrappin Site said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the ANGEL!!!! Your details are AMAZING!!!! Awesome Post especially your spotlight on all the products you used from ODBD!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Wonderful color and layout. This angel is really beautiful!

Kim P said...

LOVE love love this card!! The sketch is fabulous, plus all the details! Thanks for sharing!!

Silli said...

oh Chris, your card is so beautiful. Love the image and the colors... Great sketch... Thanks for the sweet comment! Hugs from Silke

SuzyQue in Texas said...

Such a lovely card. Now why can't I ever remember how much I love paper piercing when I'm putting a card together. I think I will have to tie a string around my finger.
Have a blessed day and thanks for blessing mine!
SuzyQue in Texas

Diamondangelfish said...

Your card is beautiful! I love how you used diferent tecniques and dp for each panel!
Yvonne Woods

Diamondangelfish said...

That would be different (sheeesh).
Yvonne

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Chris!!

Lori

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Chris!!

Lori

freida said...

This is gorgeous, Chris! Your attention to detail is amazing! I collect angels, so this is one set I MUST have!

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork!

Angel said...

Chris, This is JUST GORGEOUS! WELL DONE, my friend!

linda said...

Beautiful card!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Gorgeous! Chris this is perfect!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Gorgeous as usual, Chris! You have such a classy, elegant style....I love it!!!

Michelle said...

WOW - what a fabulous blog! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your kind comment! Have a wonderful day.
Michelle

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Chris! Love all the shimmer from both the Shimmerz and the metallic card stock!

Stampin_melissa said...

Your card is just beautiful!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Goodness girl! This is a terrific BEAUTY! Love the cuttlebug elements and all the embellishments! Oh and the PINKS!!! :)

Lorelie Kim said...

EXQUISITE card, Chris!! Love your layers and details!

Thank you for thinking of and praying for me...it has done wonders!!

Janna said...

wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!! This is so, so stunning! This color combination is my favorite and I love the filigrees and all the layers of nesties you used! But the real stunner is the gorgeous shimmerz on the angel wings! Makes her looks so divine! You always pay such close attention to details and it really pays off!

Smiles,
janna

Shirley said...

She is lovely and so are the layers and embellishments you used for her.

Betty Wright said...

This is just so gorgous, Chris!!!! Great colors and love all your wonderful details!!!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.