Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, March 27, 2009
Happy Friday All!! I hope everyone had a good day!! Today was very busy. I took a trip with my two girls to see my 94 year old grandmother who lives 2 hours away. She amazes me!! While she is legally blind, she is still independent and living on her own. We had a great visit! My girls love her so and she them. Sometimes they have a hard time understanding her because she reverts back to her native language, Dutch.

Prior to my trip, I was able to complete the limited supply challenge hosted by Judy. I will be sharing that card with you later on in this post.

My first project is the treat basket for Monday's TLC213 challenge. I love to do projects that are different than my norm so this was a lot of fun! I used Penny Black's Easter Egg Hunt stamp for the image on the front of the basket. Since the actual image has 2 bunnies, I cut it out and used only one. The tail is made with liquid applique. The dp is some leftover Crate Paper from my scraps bin. I love the colors!! I added a dry embossed strip (Swiss dot-Cuttlebug), some blue pearls, and ribbon to the handle.



My second project is a card I made today for LCS213 hosted by Judy. The challenge was to limit your embellishments but to use only black and white on your card. I typically add some other color around the borders if I am using black and white so this was different for me. I decided I would use this challenge to make some thinking of you cards for friends going through a difficult time. I chose this comforting verse from Our Daily Bread Design's Fishers of Men set. The flowers are from the Sing to the Lord set also at Our Daily Bread Designs. The butterfly next to the verse is from SU- God's Beauty. The dp is from Walmart and it is called Best Occasion. The pad has some beautiful black and white dp perfect for weddings and many other occasions.
The lace is one of my frugal buys that I figured I would put away until the right project came along. I think it dresses up the card a bit. The scalloped border along the bottom is from EK Success. The pearls are now available at ODBD. I hope this verse gives as much comfort to my friends as it does me.



I hope you enjoyed today's projects. Since I have been stamping everyday this week, I am afraid I am going to go through withdrawal over the weekend when we leave for Boston. I am very much looking forward to getting away though and out of the same routine for a bit. Enjoy your weekend!!

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!!

25 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous projects! Love the little bunny basket and wow, that butterfly card is amazing!!

Danielle said...

Such fab projects Chris! The easter basket is wonderful and that bunny image is so cute! Beautiful card too. Enjoy your time in Boston!
Hugs, Danielle

Kelley said...

Wow...the bunny basket is so cute and the black and white card is stunning!!

Riet said...

ohh woww Chris,what a beautiful card and creation,l love the colors.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.x

Stef H said...

That bunny basket is fabulous. My granddaughter would love it! The card is gorgeous. Love the little touches added.

Have a safe & wonderful trip.

Hugs,

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your basket is darling. It turned out so well. The bunny is so sweet and I like how you embossed the white scallop behind him.

I was intimidated by the b&w challenge. I couldn't imagine using no color what so ever. But you really made it work. your card is lovely.

I have a 91 year old cousin who I visit each month. He also lives about 2 hours away. He lives in assisted living because he doesn't get around very well. But his mind is stil sharp as a tack and he has great stories to tell.

Ginny said...

both these projects are just gorgeous, though my daughter votes for the basket..lol

Jacquel said...

Your basket is adorable Chris! love the colors and the cute image!!!

That card is gorgeous too....all your work is! TFS!!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love that bunny basket, and your black and white card is gorgeous.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my both creations are just awesome love them both

Hugs
Lorraine x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sweet basket! Love the Penny Black bunny. Black and white is always so elegant together. Wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! I just LOVE your little basket!! (I made one of these today as well!!) Your black and white creation is so very stunning!! Great job on both of the challenges!! TFS!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Your Easter basket is simply adorable! It definitely puts me in a Spring Time frame of mind! :) Michelle

Dawn B. said...

These are both great. I love the bunny. Your friend will appreciate the b/w card. Such a comforting card. I think it is awesome that your girls have that family connection with such a sweet person. Treasured moments I am sure. TFS

Janna said...

It sounds like you had a lovely visit with your grandmother! That is amazing that she is 94 and still so independent! such an inspiration! I am loving your Easter basket by the way! So, so cute!! You did such a great job coloring him in and the liquid applique is perfect!

But that sympathy card is just amazing!! It is so striking with the black and white and the gorgeous butterfly!!! I am just blown away!

smiles,
janna

Jane Wetzel said...

I am impressed with the b & w challenge...makes me nervous to try!! You sure nailed it! The bunny bsket is soo cute..you are always up to something fun! :)

Deb said...

fabulous projects, I adore your sweet little Easter basket, it is so pretty and the black and white card is stunning with such a thoughtful verse!
Hope you are having a great weekend, hugs Debx

Denise Marzec said...

Love that basket with the pretty DP and Penny Black bunny (you know I love Penny Black images). The black and white card is so beautiful and elegant!

Anonymous said...

Such breathtaking projects...wow!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a grand visit.Your nan sounds like an amazing lady!!!

Love all these cards.You have been one very busy girl.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW and WOW!!! That basket is just gorgeous and the black and white card.....well what can I say other than WOW!!!! I love the elgance of B&W...absolutely STUNNING!!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, Chris. I very much enjoy your work and think you do such a great job, and you put the recipe and ingredients! Much appreciate it :) ~Jeni

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your little basket is adorable Chris and your card is stunning, fabulous work, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Priscilla said...

Hey Chris..you would be so proud of me..I did my very first mojo sketch challenge..it is on my blog :)

LeAnne said...

Hey Chris, thanks for visiting my blog! This little bunny basket is the cutest thing! I love that little image, I am going to have to check on the rest of that set! Love your poem too--we need to be reminded how He cares for us every moment!
LeAnne

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.