Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, March 22, 2009


Happy Sunday Morning!! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!! The sun is already shining!! It definitely does not feel like spring here but it looks like it! It is 30 degrees here! Still a little cold! I will definitely take the sunshine though! It is funny how a little sunshine can alter your mood and give you some ambition. Since I am in such a springy mood, my cards are starting to look more springy too.




The card I would like to share with you today is an Easter card that I made using SC220.




At first I was a little skeptical about the colors I used but as I went along I love the So Saffron and Pink together. I am trying to stay out of a color rutt where all I use is pinks, browns, blues, purples, and greens so I decided it would be fun to make a more yellowy card. Usually not a yellow type person but I am happy with how this one turned out. Of course, I use my fave Designer paper which retired from SU (Parisian Summer). I should have hoarded more. LOL! the stamp I used is from Penny Black and is called Penny Black Easter Egg Hunt. I stamped it on WC paper and watercolored it with my markers and ink refills. It is a layered image for a 3D look. I have really enjoyed looking at cards with more texture so I too have been making more textured cards. I think the dry embossing, ribbon, crocheted flowers and felt flowers do that. The yummy pink stiched satin May Arts ribbon is from the Little Ribbon Shop on Ebay. The crocheted flowers and handmade with thread you would use for a doiley. I layered them with some Fusion Too flowers from SU and So Saffron Brads. The leaves are a MS punch. I finished the card with one of my MS border punches so the card didn't look so square. Of course, I couldn't have a card without bling! Lol! I added the pearls to the bottom for some elegance. These pearls are Hero Arts pearls and are available here.



I hope you have enjoyed today's post! Thanks as always for your comments!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

23 comments:

Michelle Forrest said...

This is a great color combo Chris and the card is simply beautiful!

Danielle said...

This is a gorgeous card Chris! The layout sketch is fantastic and you really did a fabulous job with it! I love the colours and your colouring of the image is beautiful! After a week of glorious sunshine we woke up to snow this morning - spring seems to have disappeared temporarily! :(
Hugs, Danielle

Stef H said...

You made the yellow look gorgeous! I, too, am not a yellow sort of person, but girlfriend, you rocked it! It's gorgeous!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful card! Wonderful coloring on your sweet bunnies! Hurry up Spring! We have had a brief taste, but I want MORE!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! Love the image too! Wonderful!

Michelle said...

Chris, this is so amazing! I sure wish I could catch on to sewing, because it sure finishes off a card. I'm still practicing...still making mistakes...I'll get there eventually, lol!! Love the colors & that image is just too darn cute!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a cutie this image is. I really like the yellow. It's perfect for the image and theme. It's great when we stretch beyond our comfort zones. I am trying to use more colors outside my normal range too.

Jacquel said...

Wow! These colors are fab together...I would've never thought to use them Chris! I love how your card came out and the sketch is great too---that image is adorable!! tfs!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is gorgeous. i love the colors, so pretty.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so pretty Chris, I love the colours and great layout, The image is just adorable. Have a great week, Big Hugs, Nikki x

xiumaiyuki said...

This card is soooooo pretty! I love all the details from the cute bunnies to the crochet flowers to how you sewn all the strips of PP...they all match beautifully together! And I have to agree with others, you use of yellow here is FAB!!! Great job!

stampinfrog said...

Chris,this card is sooooo Adorable! Love the sketch, the color combo,your sewing is fabulous and your coloring is perfect!TFS
Hugs, Connie(stampinfrog)

jacque4u2c said...

This is just stunning - I love the deep rich colors.

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is gorgeous!

Doris said...

What a beautiful Easter card--very cheery, and yellow is my favorite color! Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment at my blog, too.

Shirley said...

What an elegant card for those cute little bunnies! Love the whole feminine design!

Carol L said...

So cute!! I love the image, but those crocheted flowers (I assume you made them?) and ribbon really put this card over the top for me! Beautiful!

Janna said...

I have the same problem with certain colors! I just keep using them over and over, and over again! LOL! This is amazing though! your coloring is to die for and I love the contrast of black and yellow against one antoher!! The stitching is incredible and I adore the flowers! This is so beautiful1

Smiles,
janna

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOSH! I love this!! Penny Black bunnies are just so cute...your coloring paired with that pretty yellow is just awesome! LOVE this sweet card!

Becky said...

O my goodness, this is just beautiful, I love how you did the panels and the colors are gorgeous. And how did you find pearls that small to fit on that butterfly :).

Kathy Jones said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! It's hard to believe you don't use yellow all the time --- this is stunning!!! Love all the panels, love the embossed frame, love the beautiful bunnies and the flowers.....absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Chris, this is so stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Jealous I am you can get the sewing so neat!

Love the colours and what you have achieved with this sketch. Simply divine!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.