Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Happy Tuesday Everyone!! The sun is out today and it is in the 50's. Woo Hoo!! A gorgeous day and I spent it stamping. Tsk! Tsk on me!


Today I made a card using a new release from Our Daily Bread Designs (Love) that will be available on April 1, tomorrrow. I used the Mojo 80 sketch challenge and Splitcoast's Color challenge CC212 (pink pirouette, riding hood red, and chocolate chip). I love these colors together. I chose my absolute favorite dp from Basic Grey that is available at Our Daily Bread Designs, Porcelain Prints. The dp has the red and pink in their roses. When I was thinking of what I wanted to do with this love set, I really wanted to do roses. I really don't like to mix stamps from different companies for a sneak peek so I had to improvise. I decided to use the challenge idea (TLC207) to cut out the image from DP. I cut out and layered the roses from the same designer paper and placed it next to the verse. It is hard to see in the picture, but I sprayed the roses with pearl glimmermist for some sparkle. The flower in the corner of the image is handcrocheted. It is layered with a pink Pirouette felt flower from SU's flower fusion too and a JW button. The heart pearls and the white pearls were a nice accent and they came from Our Daily Bread Designs. The lace is one of those frugal buys that I was saving for a rainy day. It wasn't rainy today but I felt it was the perfect touch to add more elegance. The ribbon is glittered and that is from American Crafts. (That ribbon I can really hoard. I love it so much). The flourish is a Bosskut flourish.




CARD RECIPE
STAMPS: Our Daily Bread Designs- Love

Paper: BG Porcelain prints, Pink Pirouette, White and Chocolate Chip CS

Accessories: Bosskut Flourish, EK success border punch (on the bottom), lace, hand crochete flower, flower fusion too, Hero Arts pearls, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Textile Embossing folder, Paper piercer


With the exception of the dies and punches, button, crocheted flower, flower fusion too, ribbon and lace, and cardstock all other ingredients are available here at ODBD.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and that you also are enjoying nice weather. It is amazing how a little sun can change your outlook on life! Thanks for visiting and for your comments. They are greatly appreciated!!

27 comments:

Danni said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous!! Wonderful job!

Janna said...

This is so beautiful!!! Wow, wow, wow! I adore what you did with the layout and the gorgeous crocheted flowers. So beautiful and I adore the way you used the chocolate and the ribbon! Simply stunning!

smiles,
janna

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Chris!!!! Love all the details and textures!!!!

Cheryl said...

WOW,Gorgeous!!! A very pretty card,I love it!!
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Chris what a stunner it is fabby. I love the flowers and the colours are awesome. I love that verse always have it is so true.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh....my jaw dropped when I saw this!!! What a soft, delicate, beautiful card!!! I just love those colours and paper, all that stitching and piercing and I can't wait to see the rest of that release!!!! :)

stampinfrog said...

this is a GORGEOUS card! I love the papers and your embellishments. Especially the crochet flower! Fantastic job!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Anonymous said...

Your card looks so elegant! How exciting that these stamps come out tomorrow.

Jacquel said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love your take on the sketch....great job!!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the layers, colors and embossing!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers this is so pretty, I love it so much.

Ginny said...

Chris this is ab-sol-utely Gorjuss...LOVE it

Kelley said...

Truly a beautiful card!! Such gorgeous colots!!

Riet said...

wowww Chris,what a beautiful card,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the colours and pretty papers and the flowers are stunning!
Have a great day, Debx

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is jut gorgeous love it all especially the wonderful soft feel of it
Hugs Jacqui x

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Lovely as always! The papers, embossing, stitching and flowers are a stunning combination.

Silli said...

Hello dear Chris, your card is so beautiful. I love the colors, I love the LO..., the bg paper is fab... Hugs from Silke

Lise Roy said...

Gorgeous!!
Love the combo pink and brown!

Thank you for your comment on my blog...

Did not know Your Daily Bread Design, will check that...

Anonymous said...

WOWZER girl is this every GORGEOUS!!! I just love your beautiful flowers and details!! STUNNING!!! :)

Donna said...

Stunningly beautiful card Chris, such pretty papers and scrummy embellishing :) Donna x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning card Chris, such pretty details and I love the papers and embossing, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Amy Sheffer said...

INCREDIBLE, Chris! Love the paper combo and all the embellishing. You're a pro!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

You have a very artistic style to your work, I love the take you have made on this sketch, nice and textured and great soft elements.

Shirley said...

Your card is just lovely, Chris. I know I saw your cards somewhere for sale. I have thought about doing it on either Esty or EBay and if I did I would want to do cards more like yours. Do you have them bid or do you list a price. Thank you for your information in advance. Also, what is the difference between Etsy and EBay if you know. TIA
Shirley

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.