Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, March 20, 2009


Spring is on it's way. Today is one of the colder days this week but earlier it was in the 50's and low 60's. Woo hoo! I am so ready for the nicer weather. Soon I can get into my garden. I love watching my perenials come. I really think nature is God's Artistic Masterpiece! Can you find anything more beautiful than the landscape around you. Today I have so much to do that I am running around in circles trying to think of what to do first, so I decided to do my post first.


Yesterday I saw the WT210 Challenge- "Stuck to you, Again" and knew I had to play. I don't normally use stickers so it was a good challenge to help me think outside of the box. I made two cards for this challenge one more inspirational and another that is more fun or cutesy. The first card I made is using the SU By the Sea set (retired). I used some Jolee sticker's to create an ocean scene. The yummy dp is from Best Creations and it fit so perfectly with my theme. That paper I hoarded from a trip I took to Lancaster, PA last spring so I thought it was about time I used it. The image is cut out popped up on dimensionals directly on the dp.
The second card I made uses the newest release from Our Daily Bread Designs called "Scripture Collection 2". I used my friend Angie's favorite verse. Kelley took a favorite verse from each of the dt members and made into a stamp for the One Year Anniversary of ODBD. It is such a great collection and all of these verses can be found in the stampsets Scripture Collection 1 and 2!!! The colors I chose for this card were inspired by the flower stickers I used from EK Success. I didn't want to use just black and white so I looked through my stash of DP and came up with this yummydp with black flocking from Best Creations Inc. It is so textured and beautiful. I used Sketch Challenge 217 for my layout. I love these green pearls that are now offered at Our Daily Bread Designs. They offer blue, pink, green, black and white pearls now! The butterfly behind the verse is a stamp from SU's Priceless set. Believe it or not, that rose button on the ribbon, I found at Walmart!
I hope you enjoyed today's post! Thanks for visiting my blogs and for any comments left. Have a blessed day!

20 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

WOW and WOW!!! The seaside one is just gorgeous with the paper and starfish and glitter that reminds you of sand! I love the second one - what a fabulous layout and colours. Love all the flowers....and that verse is my Mum's favourite, so it really made me smile. :)

Kelley said...

wonderful, Chris!!! Your beach card is so pretty!

Stef H said...

WOW Chris! I love that your cards are always different and beautiful. These are both gorgeous!

Danni said...

Both of these are just stunning! Wow!! Awesome job!

Jane Wetzel said...

Lovely Chris! I love the stitching and the beach scene...

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris thank you for leaving a comment on my blog thought I would repay the favour and gosh it was worth it. I have been looking at your array of cards and they are gorgeous I love them all. I have added you to my favourites so I can visit you regularly.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michelle Forrest said...

Wow Chris! These are both beautiful! I really, really love the beach scene!

Help you organize your ribbon you say? Honey, I did NOT roll ALL of that myself!! I conned my kid into helping me! A movie on TV, rolls of ribbon, a slew of bobbins and a bribe. I'd still be working on the first case otherwise.

Lorelie Kim said...

Love your SU card!! Oh, why did I sell that set?! Momentary insanity I say!!

Excellent WT210!! Always love your detailing...love the ribbon with the rose center!!

Linda Beeson said...

I just love that butterfly stamped "in" the scripture verse, such a really great idea.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I wouldn't have guessed either one had stickers on them. They are both so lovely. The first one is outstanding. The scene you created and the popped up boy are awesome.

Ginny said...

they are both wonderful but the first one is simply breathtaking..gorgeous!

Linda Crowder said...

Your cards are very beautiful. You inspire me to work on my own. Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog. I appreciate your support. I am Following you now...and I'll be back.

Jacquel said...

Fabulous cards Chris and your design on them are just WOW! Love your work...tfs!!!

Janna said...

Wow! Both of these creations are incredible!!! I love that little ocean scene you created and the gorgeous papers and shimmer you used! The second card though is so elegant and stunning! The white and black is very striking and I adore the way you did the flowers and sentiment! everything works so well together!

smiles,
janna

Denise Marzec said...

These are beautiful!! I love the shimmer on the first one!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are outstanding, love them.

Joey said...

Hi Chris, these are super stunning cards, I adore the top one, it is beautiful.Joey.xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Chris.

Grace said...

I love your cards... especially the scripture one! I just love the verses on these new sets! I love the colors you used on both cards.... and that dp from Lancaster sure is pretty! Yummy cards!

Shirley said...

Both cards are just lovely! All of your cards are lovely.....that little bog card is precious!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.