Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Hi All!! I hope everyone's week has begun well. Mine has been very good but busy!! Not too busy though to make some time for making a card or two (even if it means staying up all night)! I have been trying hard to participate in the challenges at SC each day. Many of my cards are going to friends that are going through rough times. I thank God for my health. There are so many of my friends that are going through rough times or are ill right now. My heart and prayers go out for each of them. I hope the cards I make and send will give them some sort of hope or encouragement.
The first card I would like to share with you is one I made using the LSC212 challenge to use a flower and soft subtles to create a card or project. I stamped the Bella Blossom five times in pale plum cut out four different layers and sponged around each piece in perfect plum. Although it is hard to see from the picture, I painted it with lavender shimmerz. The leaves are also layered. (stamped in baja breeze and sponged with old olive.) I used the sketch SC220 from last week's sketch challenge. The yummy paper is from My Mind's Eye. I also embossed a piece of pale plum with my textile embossing folder. I also made a matching treat basket to go with it for yesterday's TLC213 challenge.






The second card I want to share with you is a card I made for Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge that I am sending to my Aunt and Uncle for their 50th Wedding Anniversary.The featured stamper this week is a great stamper to case!! Congrats Beate!! She is so incredibly talented and it was so hard to just find one. I finally decided on this card found here. It is a joy fold card and I had never made one before so I decided it was about time I tried one. I used the IC172 Inspiration challenge which is an Etsy Daisy Dress found here as my inspiration as well as LSC212 challenge to use a flower and soft subtles. Instead of using the Dreams Du Jour set that Beate did, I used the Sing to the Lord and Scripture Collection 1 sets from Our Daily Bread. The paper I used is my fave!!!! It is Parisian Breeze, SU's new textured specialty paper. Beate had stamped a butterfly background and made one 3D but I decided to use a Sterling Silver Charm from Blue Moon that I got from Michaels. I also added the pearls (available here at ODBd).


Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope I can inspire you like I have been inspired by so many others. Thanks for your comments!!










24 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my!! Gorgeous, gorgeous creations!!

Stef H said...

I'm with Danni - gorgeous, gorgeous creations! I love the purple and the top notz design on the first one and I just love that butterfly on the 2d one. But then, you NEVER disappoint! You have such an artistic flair for beauty in your cards.

Hugs,

Danielle said...

WOW Chris - these cards are totally stunning and sure to lift anyon's spirits when they receive them! Absolutely beautiful, inspiring work!
Hugs, Danielle

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Chris! This card and basket will sure make someone very very happy! Love the colors too!
Your creations are always soooooo pretty! tfs!

stampinfrog said...

So Beautiful, Chris! Love both of the cards especially the butterfly charm.TFS
Hugs, Connie

jacque4u2c said...

These are beautiful. The purple hues are so rich and stunning! Just fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow, wow, your cards are beautiful.

Heather Schlatter said...

Chris,

I saw you started following my good friend Emily's blog today and then you also left me a comment a moment ago. I have seen your picture on lots of comments around my regular blogs, but never have been here before!! You have some amazing and I do mean amazing creations here on your blog!!!!

I so wish I had time to leave comments on every post like I normally would, but I am so busy tonight just know I love all of your cards they are totally gorgeous!!!

Heather

Denise Marzec said...

Love the Parisian Breeze....and I really need to just bite the bullet and GET this Bella stamp set. I love how you that flower looks with the different layers. Beautiful!!

Emily said...

Wow!!! I love your cards, the color, the layouts...everything!!!! Thanks also for coming by my site :)

Kelley said...

Chris, the giant flower card is so AWESOME!!! So pretty! The ODBD card is wonderful also!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Amazing cards! So lovely!

Angel said...

OH MY!!! SO much loveliness on one place. You're FULL of inspiration here, Chris! Thank you for sharing!!

Grace said...

Hi Chris! Your blog is just amazing!!! I remember seeing and commenting on your gorgeous joy fold card in the challenge thread... I so love that Parisian DP... I'm hoarding mine! LOL! The butterfly is the perfect touch there! The gift set you made is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the Bella stamps and they made the perfect "pairing" here! Your colors are soooo pretty and I can see that there is a shimmer to the rose! Love all your work! Wish I had time to just spend time in your blog and look at all your creations... maybe a little later in the week! Thanks for the inspiration you are, and for the sweet comments you have made on my cards too!!!

Cherie said...

Gosh, your cards are stunning! I love purple and these are just perfect! The anniversary card is beautiful too! TFS!

Melody said...

These are such beautiful and elegant cards. I love your color choice and layouts. I just bought that butterfly charm myself. It adds such a nice touch.

Janna said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! I am blown away there is no other word for it! The time and patience that must have gone into these absolutely stunning creations is mind boggling! That beautiful card and basket is gorgeous with the dimensional flower you created is so impressive!! Adn all the beautiful colors and accessories make it! Your joy fold card though is so beautiful as well1 I adore the blue and browns and teh gorgeous butteflies you added! Amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Amy Sheffer said...

Gasp!! These are both absolutely incredible, Chris! Great work!

Kathy Jones said...

CRACK!!! That was my jaw hitting the desk! My goodness these are stunning!!! I saw the joy fold on SCS and raved there - I really love those colours and that stunning butterfly! The card and basket set are just DEVINE!!! WOW! I'm sure the receipient is going to love them!! (Personally I would frame the card!! :) )

Lorelie Kim said...

I LOVE both cards!!! You are on FIRE!!! I especially love that butterfly!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Lovely cards!! Love the purple! Great texture!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what gorgeous creations you a truly an inspirational person I love your work.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Maria said...

oh my gosh! you've been busy! Such beautiful cards, all of them are very elegant looking. wow, that basket is gorgeous. . it goes nicely with your card! Feels like spring looking at them! Beautiful job!

maria

Anonymous said...

Your aunt and uncle are so very lucky to have you! Fancy receiving such art...luckt things.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.